WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ya ever see this warning on your GM truck? LOL

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I had to transport some equipment and rented a tilt deck trailer. Didn’t realize how heavy the trailer was. Equipment was 5,800. Trailer was 3,300. lol oops. Limit of a 2023 Denali is 8,200 I think. Towed like a champ.
Ok towing police go ahead…

IMG_2286.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I had to transport some equipment and rented a tilt deck trailer. Didn’t realize how heavy the trailer was. Equipment was 5,800. Trailer was 3,300. lol oops. Limit of a 2023 Denali is 8,200 I think. Towed like a champ.

View attachment 1294779
That’s interesting that it shows that. Makes me feel a little better towing a heavy 30foot boat with ‘21 Yukon Denali as I’ve never seen that message on it despite wondering if it was too much for the vehicle.

Yeah I could go find scales and weigh it out but haven’t done that yet.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
That’s interesting that it shows that. Makes me feel a little better towing a heavy 30foot boat with ‘21 Yukon Denali as I’ve never seen that message on it despite wondering if it was too much for the vehicle.

Yeah I could go find scales and weigh it out but haven’t done that yet.
We had 2021 before this 2023. The 21 didn’t have this feature. But it also didn’t have a factory break controller. This 23 does have a factory break controller so maybe it has tow package that included the weight sensor. Who knows.

Just Ducky

Reaction score
We had 2021 before this 2023. The 21 didn’t have this feature. But it also didn’t have a factory break controller. This 23 does have a factory break controller so maybe it has tow package that included the weight sensor. Who knows.
Just do like the Ford F-150 guys do. Put a piece of electrical tape over it! Jk

OC Mike

Reaction score

View attachment 1294779
Haven’t seen it on any vehicle. As nice as some of these new features are, I’m sure they can be used against Us at some point.
Sign of the times…

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Haven’t seen it on any vehicle. As nice as some of these new features are, I’m sure they can be used against Us at some point.
Sign of the times…

I hate all the new technology in cars. My fist though was if someone got in a bad accident would the little black box make it criminal

Taboma

Reaction score
I hate all the new technology in cars. My fist though was if someone got in a bad accident would the little black box make it criminal
Or as a reason to deny a warranty claim that could be blamed on exceeding the vehicles rated towing capacity ? I don't know what kind of information would be stored and accessible to the authorities or GM ??
I think Ford offers something similar now with it's Max Tow package.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
As much as I hate big brother features, this one I like.

Yesterday I saw a guy pulling 2 can ams on a deck over trailer with a jeep gladiator on 37s.

I'm sure he had no problem getting the load moving, it was the stopping and crazy sag that had me concerned

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It’s measuring psi on suspension

So it’s more tongue weight then trailer weight. Moving the payload over the axles more can drop tongue weight substantially

yz450mm

Reaction score
"So, the GCW Alert, which is new to this model year, can now take the torque and the acceleration and determine where we’re at from a GCW Alert aspect and sends it back to determine if it’s a concern or not.” GM HD truck engineers told MC&T, while also elaborating how the technology differed from a payload scale, which is something that can be found on select Ford trucks.

It’s all through algorithms within those two different variables. So it’s not like a scale. It can feel (the weight) based on the shift pattern and algorithms. It’s a different way of looking at it.”

Unlike a payload scale, the GCW Alert only works when the vehicle is in motion as “the truck needs to learn what it’s pulling, and then it can report our algorithm based off that,” engineers told us. It’s a pretty interesting system and one that could prove quite helpful, giving drivers more information at their disposal that they didn’t have before.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
"So, the GCW Alert, which is new to this model year, can now take the torque and the acceleration and determine where we’re at from a GCW Alert aspect and sends it back to determine if it’s a concern or not.” GM HD truck engineers told MC&T, while also elaborating how the technology differed from a payload scale, which is something that can be found on select Ford trucks.

It’s all through algorithms within those two different variables. So it’s not like a scale. It can feel (the weight) based on the shift pattern and algorithms. It’s a different way of looking at it.”

Unlike a payload scale, the GCW Alert only works when the vehicle is in motion as “the truck needs to learn what it’s pulling, and then it can report our algorithm based off that,” engineers told us. It’s a pretty interesting system and one that could prove quite helpful, giving drivers more information at their disposal that they didn’t have before.
Sounds like a way for the computer to find out you’re doing something dumb and then deny a warranty claim on transmission. The f150 scale with the suspension and ride height sounds like a good thing. This? Ehh.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Sounds like a way for the computer to find out you’re doing something dumb and then deny a warranty claim on transmission. The f150 scale with the suspension and ride height sounds like a good thing. This? Ehh.
This was my thought. What a great tool to deny warranty work. In the future we will need to run a scan on used vehicles to see what kind of limits have been exceeded to know if warranties and insurance will cover issues..

TonyFanelli

Reaction score
Another way to pass the buck...$$$crew you American peasant! You will pay to drive our overpriced product!😶

TimeBandit

Reaction score
quote:
"So, the GCW Alert, which is new to this model year, can now take the torque and the acceleration and determine where we’re at from a GCW Alert aspect and sends it back to determine if it’s a concern or not.”

Where exactly does the vehicle "send" the information? New Honda's talk to the mothership whenever they are at the dealer over wi-fi, I'm not sure when else.

If the vehicle has built in 4g/5g in the infotainment system it most likely "talks" to GM.

Yep, from 2023 Denali website:
  • Includes 3 years of connectivity to support functionality, after which a Connected Services† plan must be purchased

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Never saw that warning. Good to know if there one in the future. 👍