WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

X3 rant

dspracing

Reaction score
Never much cared for this damn car as opposed to my turbo s. It’s fast and fun in the sand but that’s about it.

Rolled it right off the bat. Bent an arm that would have never happened on the rzr. Bent radius rod no idea how that happened.

Now this morning I get the pleasure of changing the battery. Little hidden bastard. The F’Ing seats are bolted in and the sliders don’t work. Damn Canadians. Haven’t even got to the battery yet and I’m already sweating and swearing. The seatbelts are attached to the seat so that’s fun!

Don’t even get me started on the battery hold down. Ever try jump starting these damn things?? Ok I’m done time for a drink.

For sale sign coming shortly after the new battery.

4C686F36-21E4-4E5A-8937-0767E536FF20.jpeg

1DB24F20-7AF2-483A-A27D-E9EA49E8E9C5.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
I love my X3. I did replace the A-arms and radius rods before they had a chance to break though.. 😁. Can’t argue the battery. What a damn joke.

counterpart7

Reaction score
You ever try removing the skid plate? First time I saw they were riveted on(not to mention everything else is a PITA), I told myself I would never buy one...

PlanB

Reaction score
PC-1200 with a TMW strap. You can reach the terminals by sliding the seat forward.
2B6226EC-227A-41D4-8CE8-AF014C784468.jpeg

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
When we're rolling through Phoenix I have UTV Stereo change my batteries simply because they are awkward and hard to get at. One of the few things in life next to finishing off RD's handle of Capt'n I treat myself to.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Yeah that's pretty much how they are. 30k gets you the car and need to put another 30k into it. Cognito suspension, new battery, remote battery ports w/ trickle charger. When you find the next PITA part just replace it with the aftermarket part that's 10x the cost of stock and a total pain to install. After you get past that they are great!

DLC

Reaction score
My batteries are easy to get to! No back seats! Remove tool bag, boom done!

D82B93D4-96D5-4B7D-AC65-FFDF0CF49EA9.jpeg

pavski2

Reaction score
Just got done adding an onboard charger, its actually easy to remove the seat. First remove the lower strap from the silver adjuster and the upper belts just feed out the holes. Then sit in the seat and move it little forward until the holes line up with the nuts and remove. Takes about five minutes to remove. If you need to jump the car, slide the seat all the way forward and squeeze your hands in from the center to access the battery terminals. Hope it helps

dspracing

Reaction score
Just got done adding an onboard charger, its actually easy to remove the seat. First remove the lower strap from the silver adjuster and the upper belts just feed out the holes. Then sit in the seat and move it little forward until the holes line up with the nuts and remove. Takes about five minutes to remove. If you need to jump the car, slide the seat all the way forward and squeeze your hands in from the center to access the battery terminals. Hope it helps
Never should you need a wrench just to gain access to the battery. Sit, slide(hopefully), get down on your hands and knees with two wrenches, get a ratchet since the wrench won’t fit, get another wrench size then you can access the battery.

PlanB

Reaction score
You should see where the battery is located on my Harley Street Glide. You literally need a service manual to figure out how to get to it. 😄

dspracing

Reaction score
You should see where the battery is located on my Harley Street Glide. You literally need a service manual to figure out how to get to it. 😄
Funny you say that. My buddy called me two weeks ago to help him get his out. He could see the battery but couldn’t get the plastic bracket off to pull the battery.

PlanB

Reaction score
Funny you say that. My buddy called me two weeks ago to help him get his out. He could see the battery but couldn’t get the plastic bracket off to pull the battery.

Yeah, ridiculous design.

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Never should you need a wrench just to gain access to the battery. Sit, slide(hopefully), get down on your hands and knees with two wrenches, get a ratchet since the wrench won’t fit, get another wrench size then you can access the battery.
Ever had an old 2 stroke see doo? You have to remove the expansion chamber to remove the battery.

Your ad here

Reaction score
After growing up around bombardier sea doo's I'll never buy or own any Canadian vehicle or vessel. I'm keeping it real and staying on 2 wheels, a CR250. I will admit to it having a kickstand but its street legal and looks factory street legal.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Yeah having a see doo in the past helps me cope with the canam. I know what to expect.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
When I had my commander. That was a pita too to work on. They didn’t figure it out. Had to remove half the damn car to change a belt

The battery was even worse. It had drop in rectangle back nuts. Well the way the battery sat in the tray the nut would fall out to the floor and disappear between the floor and skid plate.

77charger

Reaction score
When I had my commander. That was a pita too to work on. They didn’t figure it out. Had to remove half the damn car to change a belt

The battery was even worse. It had drop in rectangle back nuts. Well the way the battery sat in the tray the nut would fall out to the floor and disappear between the floor and skid plate.
An old friend has a commander and yeh the belt was a pain LOL forst time i swear it took like 3 hours he then said he did some things and a practice at home it was 45 min well he broke another and it was down to 2 hours in the dunes.

All this after he was bagging on polaris that break belts all the time according to him and how great his commander was was a ride killer everytime it broke belt.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I plan to put some remote charging posts so there's no disassembly needed to hook a tender up.

PlanB

Reaction score
I plan to put some remote charging posts so there's no disassembly needed to hook a tender up.

If you look at the pic I posted, the wires going through the plastic are a pigtail for a tender hookup.