WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WTF PARKER

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
last of the gold mining land claimer....
Go on GET!

velveeta gold.jpg

BajaT

Reaction score
Now can anyone explain to me how shoreline work in this area affects navigation or water depth/obstructions in the main traveled channel of the River?

The average boater just cruising up to the dam will not be affected. I used to fish in my boat north of the sand bar along that shoreline. Water was plenty deep. There is now additional debris (rocks) north of the sand bar that were not there before. This is where a neighbor that knows the river as good as anyone else, hit rock where years past would not have.

BajaT

Reaction score
You're joking.. You have to be? tax write off?

I am, but my point is, I don't see profits coming in the end. I would think most people would rather have their own dock (Rio Lindo) or have better water access (Miraleste). There are still lots available in those subdivisions for much less than what he will have to charge to break even IMO. If the housing market has a significant correction, we are looking at a bulldozed mountain for years to come. The project just south of the dam stopped as did the condos next to Sand Piper. It is my understanding the Springs did not complete their project either. Yet, everyone is going to jump on $300K + lots on top of the hill with a small courtesy dock way down below included? Don't see the demand now, or especially when the market turns. Time will tell I guess.

mbrown2

Reaction score
I am, but also my point is, I don't see profits coming in the end. I would think most people would rather have own a dock or have better water access in either Miraleste or Rio Lindo Shores. There are still lots available in those subdivisions for much less than what he will have to charge to break even IMO. Getting power alone is going to be very expensive as will widening the highway.

Well once they cannot sell the lots, they will get it rezoned for 200 manufactured homes with a trailer park to maximize the density, get their tax revenue and money returned....and it will go from being Parker's version of the refuge to another ugly ass river trailer park.... and they will have killed a mountain to build a trailer park...

2Driver

Reaction score
2Driver, #6 is incorrect. I'm going off memory here but my buddy originally owned this development. He had it planned for I think 60 decent sized lots.. He sold it to the new guy and is "the bank." I think he told me a year or so ago that the new guy changed the plans and now it's a 100+ lots?

LOL do the math. The stepped stuff thats cut in looks like typical tight quarters.

The fact is you don't have a right to do what ever you want with your land.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
You talk'n about this little cove in the wall? :)

HouseHole%201_zpsozjeha62.jpg

Even a mail box and number!

Hilarious! My wife and I came from the bay area last week to look at a couple of houses and went back home this route. There is a lot of weird crap in the desert but this one actually made us both say WTF was that about when we passed by. He has a cool little notch carved out there

riverroyal

Reaction score
What do the locals say? Not the weekend boaters that uses the river like 99% of guys on here. Are they pissed?
I find it ironic that most people bitch about this hill, then drive home to California to their tract house which apparently was not on a mountain or a 'pretty' piece of land.

Its not your mountain, or your river. Make the best of it, before you know it your dead anyways:)

2Driver

Reaction score
Well apparently the guy in the trailer likes it. :)

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
This will go like many projects where those empty lots are graded north of Bill Williams, and where there are several empty parcels of graded land up river...

No comparison. That was a land scheme where the land, which happened to be owned by the State, was graded, a few palm trees stuck in the ground, and the "developer" scammed investors and speculators out of millions of dollars. It didn't fail due to economics, lack of interest, bad planning or any other reason, except for the fact that the guy didn't own the land.

riverroyal

Reaction score
No comparison. That was a land scheme where the land, which happened to be owned by the State, was graded, a few palm trees stuck in the ground, and the "developer" scammed investors and speculators out of millions of dollars. It didn't fail due to economics, lack of interest, bad planning or any other reason, except for the fact that the guy didn't own the land.

plus now its a great spot for freeloading snowbirds to stay all winter!!

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
plus now its a great spot for freeloading snowbirds to stay all winter!!

snow-bird:
ˈsnōˌbərd
noun

1. A person with a $250,000 motorhome and a $65,000 truck looking for a free, warm place to park them for 6 months.