WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Worst Liquor or Drink You've Had

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I second the nomination of Grappa.

Grappa is an alcoholic beverage: a fragrant, grape-based pomace brandy of Italian origin that contains 35 to 60 percent alcohol by volume. Grappa is a protected name in the European Union. Grappa is made by distilling the skins, pulp, seeds and stems left over from winemaking after pressing the grapes.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Some people hate licorice / anise flavor, if they do offer Ouzo. I don't mind it. Surprisingly good with OJ. Ouzo is Greek.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
IMG_0156.jpeg

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

Grappa is an alcoholic beverage: a fragrant, grape-based pomace brandy of Italian origin that contains 35 to 60 percent alcohol by volume. Grappa is a protected name in the European Union. Grappa is made by distilling the skins, pulp, seeds and stems left over from winemaking after pressing the grapes.
But it sure will cure a cold quickly.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I’ll have to add grappa. X2 Ugh. 🤪

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
As a self proclaimed expert :), nothing is going to be worse than Malort. Fernet would be the only other non crowd pleaser worth mentioning. Malort is king for many reasons, but it really does have the best unofficial slogans:

Malort, how to kick your mouth in the balls.
Malort, today is the day you fight your dad.
Malort, when you need to unfriend someone IN PERSON
Malort, the Champagne of pain.
Malort, what soap washes its mouth out with.
Malort, these pants aren't going to shit themselves.

Last edited:

cofooter

Reaction score
We had some Danish friends that would have a Christmas party every year, where they brought out their stinky old cheese, sardines, and all sorts of other stuff including a bottle of Aquavit. Did some shots with them mostly to wash down what little bits foul smelling shit I ate to try to be polite. Between the empty stomach and the shots of Aquavit I ended up getting sick. I can even look at a bottle of it today without throwing up a little bit in my mouth..........😵‍💫

BabyRay

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s the WORST, but I bought a bottle of Sam Adams Utopias last week, and it ain’t great. I’ve been trying to find one for some years, and finally did. I don’t recommend it, though I discovered it’s drinkable if you pair it with dates.

. IMG_0620.jpeg

mothershipper

Reaction score
Had a swig of Kraken spiced rum and thought i'd swallowed kerosene. Also i'm with Riverroyal - Tangueray is the devil....

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Tanquria. Not sure the spelling. This gin gasoline stuff
Edit. Tanqueray.
I used to love that shit. I invented a drink called the Tang-a-ray. Fill a Collins glass with about an inch of Tang, add ice to the top and then fill all the way with your favorite Gin. Made it tough to get out of the hot tub. :D

Bajastu

Reaction score
The Beastie Boys sang about it, Brass Monkey - Malt liquor and orange juice. 🤮

Dalton

Reaction score
Absinthe worst tasting, 5 min of thinking I was gonna throw it up.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Mexican moonshine!

Oh god, I forgot about that....its called raicilla....my wife was in Jalisco last year and I asked her to bring me home some local tequila...shes not a drinker so she went to the local spot and asked them for something local, and they sold her that...I was really excited to try it but OMG it tasted like burnt dirt...lol...

RVRKID

Reaction score
Red Headed Slut--Jägermeister and schnapps in glass full of ice. Add cranberry juice to fill to top, worse shot not sure if it was because I was hungover as heel at Margaritaville in Vegas but it hit me way wrong and taste like shit.

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Red Headed Slut--Jägermeister and schnapps in glass full of ice. Add cranberry juice to fill to top, worse shot not sure if it was because I was hungover as heel at Margaritaville in Vegas but it hit me way wrong and taste like shit.
I prefer the Lindsay Lohan, Its a red headed slut with a little bit of coke :)

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Twisted Tea or Southern Comfort

rrrr

Reaction score
The fifteen or so tequila shots I did going toe to toe with a Mexican soccer player in 1974. I woke up in the parking lot of a Denny's in Puebla pouring hot coffee on my freezing bare feet.

I dimly remember gacking about a hundred times.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Was at the Christmas boat parade in Newport one year … I was docked at a party & decided to split. Some people asked if I could give them a ride to another place, which I did.
On our way someone breaks out a bottle of this crap … they left it in my boat & I may or may not have made a reef out of it afterwards 😆
IMG_1798.jpeg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
“Grappa”. My Yugoslav buddies used to brag about their country favorites. I thought each were brutal. The mountain regions of central Italy produced a home made “back wine”. It was a crazy dry red wine which turned your teeth, gums and tongue black. Most potent of all was a home made aged apple cider in the Ravenna region of northern Italy. To be offered a small glass during the Holidays was supposedly the ultimate compliment. (?) I think they’re still laughing about it.

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I believe this is what I had in Venice Italy this past May. It was a bit of work to drink it. I bought a few little bottles to try the different flavors. The orange and green were the one that were really bad. I was not able to read the label so who knows maybe that was paint stripper LOL

View attachment 1302618

I love Limoncello

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score

So it's the Spam or Scrapple version of wine. Sounds disgusting.

boatpi

Reaction score
I was in Moldova about 16 years ago, Stoli was $3 a liter.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
My dad's moonshine is probably the worst I've ever tasted. Filter it? We don't need no stinkin' filter! We just need to get hammered for cheap! Then my mom made apple pie out of it, and it was even worse. They gave it to us for several years in a row for Christmas. We ended up throwing it away because no one would drink it. It's cool that he makes his own, but he has zero desire to try to improve the flavor or quality of it.

Otherwise, Jagermeister and Fireball are the worst I've had.