WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Whose Boating This Weekend

JFMFG

Reaction score
Who’s going out for Labor Day? Where are you boating? Where are you boating to?

ChrisV

Reaction score
Hopefully Havasu sunday. Launch at springs and go wherever my kids can play in the sand.

mattyc

Reaction score
Who’s going out for Labor Day? Where are you boating? Where are you boating to?
We'll be there. Going to try and get a couple ski rides in early. Probably end up in somewhere around the gorge or near topock one day and maybe palm canyon another. Well likely be done and off the water by 2

Reactions: DWC

JB in so cal

Reaction score
We didn't get a slip at Dana Point. Probably go out tomorrow and hang at the sand bar and cruise the marina. Maybe go up the coast. Bring the boat home. Wash, rinse and repeat

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Launching tomorrow afternoon in Havasu hoping to have a nice time before the craziness. Then once again with friends.

Nordie

Reaction score
Just Saturday, the weather looks good for Mead. Kick back the rest of the weekend. After this weekend into October the best boating is about to begin.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
So our son is talking about wanting to launch at 10am. Going to hang around the channel and take friends around the island. Everyone that is going to be out post up you boat.

IMG_2034.jpeg

Bajap1

Reaction score
Should be in havasu around 3-4✌️

Attachments

• IMG_20240829_204804.jpg
    IMG_20240829_204804.jpg
    826 KB · Views: 0

Joker

Reaction score
Boating tomorrow and possibly Saturday. Tomorrow will make it 6 times this year. With the pool our desire to boat has somewhat dwindled.

Tank

Reaction score
Think we'll be boating the big blue this weekend. Leave the boat in the water for 3 days. There's a concert on a boat out in the bay. Plan on side tying to buddies 40' cruiser. Maybe get an island run in or a run up to Santa Barbara for lunch. We'll see. Weather is supposed to be good.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Think we'll be boating the big blue this weekend. Leave the boat in the water for 3 days. There's a concert on a boat out in the bay. Plan on side tying to buddies 40' cruiser. Maybe get an island run in or a run up to Santa Barbara for lunch. We'll see. Weather is supposed to be good.
Post some pics big dog!

GreenEnergy28

Reaction score
Canceled our Mohave trip a couple of weeks ago. Had two rooms and a slip booked at Katherine's. Got home from work on Wednesday and my wife told me we're going to the river this weekend.... WTF?
Staying in Bullhead at our friend's house. Not sure where we will launch, either Katherine's or Jack Smith, or both...

Aqualung

Reaction score
Launched yesterday. Worked out great, very few people where we went, up towards Topock and hanging around the channel for a couple of hours.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
We'll be there. Going to try and get a couple ski rides in early. Probably end up in somewhere around the gorge or near topock one day and maybe palm canyon another. Well likely be done and off the water by 2

Where is Palm Canyon?

RichL

Reaction score
Lake Erie. Hopefully, have a good weekend and burn a bunch of fuel! Warming the globe, 16 cylinders at a time.
Read elsewhere by someone who said a max of 1'-3's predicted?

RichL

Reaction score
oh yeah? I haven't looked at the marine report yet.
I would have given serious thought to driving up there this weekend, even if just to watch the air show, but my back issues told me I was done a couple weeks ago.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I would have given serious thought to driving up there this weekend, even if just to watch the air show, but my back issues told me I was done a couple weeks ago.
I kinda realized a while ago that the marine report is usually worst case. Often incorrect. But we have had more wind this season it seems.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Down south near the pump station. I dont know if that's the correct name, but its what we call it. Cool canyon to float
The one with the single Palm Tree in the back?

Nordie

Reaction score
Anyone else on Mead this weekend? We're launching tomorrow just the wife and I, and maybe the pups.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Winds kicking up in Havasu, be safe.
A bit of rain as well. It kicked up quickly when we were going out to launch. Pulled the ripcord when we got to the ramp and saw continuous 1’ waves coming into the ramp area. I am sure it would have calmed down but did really want to sit and wait.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Anyone else on Mead this weekend? We're launching tomorrow just the wife and I, and maybe the pups.
We might try Sunday have plans tomorrow enjoy the lake!

04-24Stealth

Reaction score
Didn’t make the trip to havasu but heading out to local San Diego lake today for some boating and floating with friends. 🍻

JFMFG

Reaction score
Lake was pretty dead yesterday we will see what today holds.

RIVERBORN

Reaction score
Boated all day yesterday. Went up to pirates. Water was pretty low. The wind did pick up for about an hour around 330, big ass waves across the lake. Lol. Was pretty dead until the afternoon. Hopefully it’s quiet again today