WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Who carries?

Roosky01

Reaction score
So, a lot of posts on here regarding fuk'd up situations where a firearm may/would have made the difference as of late and they are well beyond becoming all too common.

Never in my life did I think I would need to have a weapon while boating. I almost needed it for a dog attack on the sandbar where a P-bull went after a little kid but thankfully it was over just when the grip hit my palm. I cant imagine the trauma that would've caused my two daughters seeing that and it was worthless dog!

I've had a concealed license for 8'ish years now and have never been an all the time/daily carry type of guy. I guess it's past time to protect me and mine and start carrying all the damn time. I hate every fuk'n person or situation that has brought me and the rest of us to this point...😥

P.S. edited because I re-read and realized how stupid some of the shit I typed was. I may have had a bit too many whiskey and cokes.😳

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
F9CE992D-CC26-4962-81DB-024EB79CC44B.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A lot of members carry.. people like Tommy above will tell you that your anonymous screen name above will somehow let everyone know every bit of information about you and that you should not share anything of your life because someone will break in your house when you aren’t home, or try and convict you if a crime off a photo that has no relevance to a crime committed or whatever other paranoid shit they got going on.. lol

I’d say the carry rate is 40-50% on here.. maybe more. That would be regardless if it was in California where it isn’t legal or is, doesn’t matter.

I can say I’d you see me, 9/10 of the time I’m within arms length of a gun or some of my guys are carrying.. it isn’t really for a safety thing as it is just part of living out here.

702sandman

Reaction score
I carry 24/7 just because of the world we live in. The wife, kids and I all have our CCW’s. Hopefully I never have to use it, I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
A lot of members carry.. people like Tommy above will tell you that your anonymous screen name above will somehow let everyone know every bit of information about you and that you should not share anything of your life because someone will break in your house when you aren’t home, or try and convict you if a crime off a photo that has no relevance to a crime committed or whatever other paranoid shit they got going on.. lol

I’d say the carry rate is 40-50% on here.. maybe more. That would be regardless if it was in California where it isn’t legal or is, doesn’t matter.

I can say I’d you see me, 9/10 of the time I’m within arms length of a gun or some of my guys are carrying.. it isn’t really for a safety thing as it is just part of living out here.
Not what WTG has been saying at all, at least not the way I took his posts. Seems odd to take a jab at him in this thread regarding that. 🤔

My headshake is why bring a pit to a beach where kids, families, other dogs, and boats will be? Second thought, why remain with young kids with a pit present? Much less the potential of brandishing a 45 at a crowded beach? This all relates to Tommy's perspective: why even put yourself in that situation? My two cents

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Not what WTG has been saying at all, at least not the way I took his posts. Seems odd to take a jab at him in this thread regarding that. 🤔

My headshake is why bring a pit to a beach where kids, families, other dogs, and boats will be? Second thought, why remain with young kids with a pit present? Much less the potential of brandishing a 45 at a crowded beach? This all relates to Tommy's perspective: why even put yourself in that situation? My two cents
It’s hard to conceal the weapon in a Speedo also

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

You’re coming around!👍

But for the record I’ve never said anything about screen names. I’ve always referenced the personal information that people tend to over share.

Last edited:

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
So, a lot of posts on here regarding fuk'd up situations where a firearm may/would have made the difference as of late and they are well beyond becoming all too common.

Never in my life did I think I would need to have a weapon while boating. I almost needed it for a dog attack on the sandbar where a P-bull went after a little kid but thankfully it was over just when the grip hit my palm. I cant imagine the trauma that would've caused my two daughters seeing that and it was worthless dog!

I've had a concealed license for 8'ish years now and have never been an all the time/daily carry type of guy. I guess it's past time to protect me and mine and start carrying all the damn time. I hate every fuk'n person or situation that has brought me and the rest of us to this point...😥

P.S. edited because I re-read and realized how stupid some of the shit I typed was. I may have had a bit too many whiskey and cokes.😳

I have a Keychain sirracha I always keep on me. Never known when you will come across some bland ass food.

hallett21

Reaction score
I’ve got no desire to carry on the boat unless I’m camping on it. Day tripping the sandbar is meant for relaxing.

SassyRN

Reaction score
Years ago, no. Now, my husband and all his ex co-workers don't go anywhere without. There's just too many reasons not to.

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
Hand raised. Not every day, due to clothing and whether or not I want to carry a purse which I usually don't. For example, let's say I'm wearing leggings and will be walking a lot (like at a boat show or fair). I don't want a purse banging on my hip, so no firearm. But many days, I carry.

Recently, as we were 20 minutes into our 15-day road trip across the nation, I realized I did not bring a handgun with us. I had some severe anxiety over it. We debated going back, but we had a long drive to get from St. George to Denver. I was even contemplating how much ammo/mags to bring that morning but never grabbed the gun (or the ammo/mags) to put in the truck. I even researched conceal carry laws in all the states we were visiting to make sure I was in compliance, what I needed to do when driving across Illinois, do I have an obligation to tell an officer I have a loaded weapon if I get pulled over in Texas, Kentucky, etc. But . . . failed to bring the gun :rolleyes: Miraculously, we survived the trip, LOL. But heck, with that amount of time so far from home, you never know what could happen in this country during these strange times!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
24/7. When I requalified a few months ago it’s was the day after the lake Elsinore incident. Someone mentioned something about daily carrying and the sheriff replied if you aren’t going to carry 24/7 why even get the permit. He also said carrying one is like carrying none which is the first time I’d heard that. It was a very tense day and for good reason. May 7 I’m going for tactical training with some officers from my church. Should be a great learning experience

Sharky

Reaction score

dribble

Reaction score
I should carry more but sometimes if I’m running to get gas or go to the store I don’t. I do carry every time I ride my motorcycle.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
If I'm far from home, yes. My goal is to get home, no matter what. Doing yard work, yes...we may have some pests. Going to the store here? Nope. When everyone may have a gun, a lot less chances one will be fired. Honestly, I carried more in the city, than I do now.

dspracing

Reaction score
Carried 100% of the time living in CA. After moving to havasu, it’s rarely unless I’m driving out of town. I should get back into the routine though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You’re coming around!👍

But for the record I’ve never said anything about screen names. I’ve always referenced the personal information that people tend to over share.

The screen names in itself offer a layer of protection..

I do agree with your sentiment in general but I’d say you are taking it to an extreme that isn’t necessary

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I do agree with your sentiment in general but I’d say you are taking it to an extreme that isn’t necessary

Screen names just keep the honest people honest.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Until it is.
I just think posting things that can be construed negatively is a bad idea on an open source site.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I'm curious if you guys that carry have Liability Insurance in the event that you use your firearm against someone.
Absolutely. USCCA gold member. Actually get a discount though my church security team. It was explained to me even in a good shoot you may stay face a civil trial and that would wipe someone like me out. Everything I’ve worked for could be gone which is a scary thought

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
If it is not on my hip it is in my backpack.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Everyday - no

Camping , road trips or meet ups when buying stuff , etc... yes.

If you need to carry everyday you either live in the wrong place or are putting yourself in situations I try to avoid.

Last thing I want to do is get involved in a situation while out on the town having a couple drinks or enjoying the water with family. I think part of the reason I'm not all that interested in boating
Havasu right now is because the lack of respect the current generation of boaters have. Dogs, music ,parking ,attitude , etc just bums me out and its more trouble than it's worth. I can go camping or jeeping and everyone is cool.

I have been around enough guns and talented shooters (LE,Military,etc) to know that even someone that trains daily would try and not get involved in a public shooting. Evade and flee are always the best choices unless we are couch Quarterbacking.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Everyday..... Work, going out to eat, car, boat, etc. essentially anytime I can conceal it, I have it. When I got my carry permit the instructor said to carry it often enough until it feels odd that you don't have it. That was 20 years ago, and I stuck by that. Only once did I feel like a situation was leading to where I was going to have to make the decision to use it or not, and luckily that worked itself out. Every once in a while, someone from outside the circle will see me put it on, and ask why, and my standard answer is "because I am going to assure that my family, friends, and myself get to go home tonight"....

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Everyday - no

Camping , road trips or meet ups when buying stuff , etc... yes.

If you need to carry everyday you either live in the wrong place or are putting yourself in situations I try to avoid.

Last thing I want to do is get involved in a situation while out on the town having a couple drinks or enjoying the water with family. I think part of the reason I'm not all that interested in boating
Havasu right now is because the lack of respect the current generation of boaters have. Dogs, music ,parking ,attitude , etc just bums me out and its more trouble than it's worth. I can go camping or jeeping and everyone is cool.

I have been around enough guns and talented shooters (LE,Military,etc) to know that even someone that trains daily would try and not get involved in a public shooting. Evade and flee are always the best choices unless we are couch Quarterbacking.
I used to feel the same way. The sheriff and instructors changed my opinion and now it’s 24/7. I’m not worried about me getting away or fleeing but my wife and kids. I get your point of view for sure though

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I used to feel the same way. The sheriff and instructors changed my opinion and now it’s 24/7. I’m not worried about me getting away or fleeing but my wife and kids. I get your point of view for sure though
I have my CC and appreciate the safety a weapon offers. I just think it's silly when people act like they would get involved and can stop a mass shooting. Most of the places that I would consider dangerous you can't carry anyways. (concerts,ball games,etc..)

I'm 100% for protecting my family and home but have zero false pretenses that a single random guy with a 9mm that shoots 5x a year could stop the situation like we had in San Bernardino years back or one of the other terrible situations.

I also work from home and don't have a job that puts me in uncomfortable situations.

You leave or run until you can't leave or run any longer..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have my CC and appreciate the safety a weapon offers. I just think it's silly when people act like they would get involved and can stop a mass shooting. Most of the places that I would consider dangerous you can't carry anyways. (concerts,ball games,etc..)

I'm 100% for protecting my family and home but have zero false pretenses that a single random guy with a 9mm that shoots 5x a year could stop the situation like we had in San Bernardino years back or one of the other terrible situations.

I also work from home and don't have a job that puts me in uncomfortable situations.

You leave or run until you can't leave or run any longer..
I agree. 9 out of 10 times Im running for sure. Even if it’s a good shoot it’s going to be life changing. I just would like to make sure I’m prepared for that 1 out of 10. I also make sure I train quite often with qualified instructors. That’s one of the biggest talking points of our church security team. We are guessing at least 50% of the church Carries. In a situation there’s going to be a lot of guns drawn and a lot of chaos. More guns isn’t always better.

monkeyswrench

To The Rescue!
Reaction score
I'm curious if you guys that carry have Liability Insurance in the event that you use your firearm against someone.
I'll admit it, no. Most those who don't probably won't say though. My view, which others may dispute, if I am going to put my finger on the trigger, there is no other option. It would be an innocent life, or that of the aggressor. My own would not so much be in the equation, my wife and kids' would be paramount.
In this life you deal with the consequences of your actions, all of us.