WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where is the lets see your dcb thread

JRider

Reaction score
Interesting, 1.24, wonder why they choose that, does not make sense. Changing to 1.35 would really wake the boat up.

Either way I think you will want to be looking at an 18 rake, maybe even 20 rake if it does porpoise badly to help carry the boat. What rake is on it now?

16 I believe

jack14r

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My drives are 1.24 so unfortunately I would be looking for something in the 32 range.
I would do some research (call DCB) and find out what rake has worked with the F34,I know that my f32 like Don"s has 18 degree rake and is 16.5 diameter,both boats have #6 drives.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I would do some research (call DCB) and find out what rake has worked with the F34,I know that my f32 like Don"s has 18 degree rake and is 16.5 diameter,both boats have #6 drives.

A agree with Jack, DCB should have some prop insights.

That said, a 16 rake is a common Skater prop. Skaters don't need a prop to help carry the boat so they typically run a 16 rake. West Coast boat designs do not generate the kind of natural lift that a Skater does and needs help from the prop to carry the boat. Additionally, our boats are pretty heavy and need a higher rake to help generate lift. Just my 2 cents.....

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
Boat looks amazing Sigus! Perfect package for that boat.

Thanks MB, this is the third motor after the original 525. I cant believe I have kept this boat 11 years.

I still got the old 98 jeep too, I have a couple now and planned on peddling yours, but wife loves it and wont let me part with it. Its had a bit of work done to it over the years.

Sorry boys for getting off topic, go DCB!!!

bocco

Reaction score
Probably the smallest DCB in this thread.

DCB.jpg boat_4.jpg

TOBTEK

Reaction score
untitled12.jpg

WOW ! From the first Toad painted F29 to this.....WELL DONE. LOVE the colors. Stunning.

PS: I want to go for a ride this summer :D , I'll trade ya a cruise in the race Toon....:p

Reactions: SJP

TCHB

Reaction score
View attachment 463008

WOW ! From the first Toad painted F29 to this.....WELL DONE. LOVE the colors. Stunning.

PS: I want to go for a ride this summer :D , I'll trade ya a cruise in the race Toon....:p

100 mph feels like 30 so he ride is kind of boring compared to the toon boat. Oh yes it does not go under 70mph.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
100 mph feels like 30 so he ride is kind of boring compared to the toon boat. Oh yes it does not go under 70mph.

Yeah. We have the same issue in the Toon. LoL.

DCBEXTREME24HP

Reaction score
Probably the smallest DCB in this thread.

View attachment 462977 View attachment 462978

IMG_20151021_125815.jpg IMAG1175.jpg

I like the yellow on your boat.
Mines a 24' 98 with a 502. My first boat. Guy was the original owner and took unbelievable care of the boat.

[video=youtube;qtOOxCmtNMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOOxCmtNMY[/video]

[video=youtube;9HnodyedRkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HnodyedRkE[/video]

bocco

Reaction score
View attachment 469080 View attachment 469082

I like the yellow on your boat.
Mines a 24' 98 with a 502. My first boat. Guy was the original owner and took unbelievable care of the boat.

[video=youtube;qtOOxCmtNMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtOOxCmtNMY[/video]

[video=youtube;9HnodyedRkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HnodyedRkE[/video]

Mine is pretty much the same package but a 97. I liked the fly by video. I wondered how much of my boat got out of the water at speed. What speeds are you seeing? My best so far has been 78.

TBulger

Reaction score
Joker, your whole setup is gorgeous, just love that boat. Good for you pal. :)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Show off [emoji12].

Looks real good. Can't wait to see it in person. Jus do me one favor. Now that ur in a DCB, get rid of the wood and get some classy chalks [emoji202][emoji106]

DCBEXTREME24HP

Reaction score
Ive taken it out 2 times so far. The fastest was in that video at 75 going down river right above pirates cove with 1 passenger, 2 full coolers, ez up, chairs, etc etc and prob 40 gallons in the tank.

I talked with DCB at the boat show and they said i can get my spare 26* prop labbed to pick up a few mph.

On the mercury racing website they have the already labbed bravo 1 27* prop and im sure that will work great. Slightly bigger pitch but already being labbed will slice through the water better for less drag. Id like to find a shop in Havasu that has it to try it and see what gains i can get, and if my stock 502 can push the bigger prop.

with the 26 it hops right out of the water super fast. everybody ive taken for a ride been around boats their whole life and have been surprised how fast it hops out.

graygoose

Reaction score
In addition to looking good, He's got it dialed in nicely. :) Nice guy too boot. Ran into him on Lake Norman.

Thanks drejustice. Nice meeting you in lake norman. Wishing I was still living there. Had to move back to CA and am missing the south east boating.

Here is another one from the lake norman fun run.

01f6026ba42757cc49457984b9093cf5355a43cdb2.jpg

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Unfortunately I picked it up the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and there was already snow on the ground here. As much as I wanted to drive it before I bought it, it had 2+ year old gas in it, needed new impellers as a precaution, and it was around freezing. When I got it home, I drained the blocks down and kept a heater in the engine bay with cover on. As soon as I got the chance I winterized it (sounds damn good BTW), it took 9 gallons of antifreeze per engine!

At least I did get to hear it run at Shogren and they motors had great oil pressure and excellent leak-down.

I am hoping that it really does not need any work, I am going start with different props if I dont like what the boat is doing. With the prop selection available now as compared to in 04 I think there could be improvement. I have a couple sets of 5 blades I am looking at I just dont know what rake it will like. Have any input on rake?

Jrider, any updates on your F34?

Cat Can Do

Reaction score
Bought my first DCB a year ago, wife hated this boat, she said at 50mph it felt scary. Lol

image.jpg

A few months later we bought a Mach 26, we loved this boat till I sold it on accident...

image.jpg

So after months of looking for a replacement we kept coming back to the same ad for this F29 and decided we had to have it. Don't ever see upgrading to anything bigger (for now), it has the big boat feel but still small enough for the wife and I to load and unload by ourselves.

image.jpg

image.jpg

JRider

Reaction score
Jrider, any updates on your F34?

I emailed Tony from DCB, he immediately called me and we talked for about 25 minutes about the F34s. He said that the #6 F34s like a 20* or 21* rake with 16.25" diameter and he said I could stick with a 32 pitch. He said those props really make a big improvement in the problematic 80 to 90mph area and make the boat handle a lot better too, this is what Teague came up with for the best setup. I pull it out of storage this week and have connected with a race team that has 3 different sets of 18* Herings that they will let me try as they changed their drive ratios. That should help put me where I need to be as far as pitch and from there I would have to decide if it would warrant buying new 20* or 21* props (Merc or Hering).

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I emailed Tony from DCB, he immediately called me and we talked for about 25 minutes about the F34s. He said that the #6 F34s like a 20* or 21* rake with 16.25" diameter and he said I could stick with a 32 pitch. He said those props really make a big improvement in the problematic 80 to 90mph area and make the boat handle a lot better too, this is what Teague came up with for the best setup. I pull it out of storage this week and have connected with a race team that has 3 different sets of 18* Herings that they will let me try as they changed their drive ratios. That should help put me where I need to be as far as pitch and from there I would have to decide if it would warrant buying new 20* or 21* props (Merc or Hering).

Tony and TCM is so generous with their time and advice! This confirms what I thought, you need a big rake prop. If both said it needs 20 that's where I would start. Big difference between an 18 and 20. For what it's worth I favor the Merc prop. More robust and less likely to throw blades. Also a little less in price