WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Where have you been on vacation?

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
I have a surprise break in May and need some new ideas on maybe an all inclusive adults only resort. Problem is I've done Mexico...Caribbean...Cruises...houseboats. I need something different. My eyes are crossed from searching online. I did find a Treehouse Resort in Belize that looked cool but they are booked. Doesn't even have to be out of the US. Simple is good too!! Ideas???

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I have a surprise break in May and need some new ideas on maybe an all inclusive adults only resort. Problem is I've done Mexico...Caribbean...Cruises...houseboats. I need something different. My eyes are crossed from searching online. I did find a Treehouse Resort in Belize that looked cool but they are booked. Doesn't even have to be out of the US. Simple is good too!! Ideas???

How about a Club Med in Colorado? Never been though, just an idea.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
How about a Club Med in Colorado? Never been though, just an idea.

Are you talking about the Club Med in Crested Butte? If so it closed a few years ago.

The only Club Med still remaining is Sandpiper Bay located in FL.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Tahiti ain't bad,, must love sea food though.

Saipan /Tinian was OK.

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score

I've done Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Belize....all were great with Tahiti (Bora Bora) being my favorite.

I've always wanted to check out Key West and maybe rent a house and boat over there for a week.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Key West/ Florida would be stellar this time of year. Just fly into florida, rent a car and start driving south. So many places to see you eyes will bug out! Just the drive alone is worth it. :thumbsup

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Id venture to say all inclusive in america will be a tough find. If money is not an issue and uv done mexico and the carribian. Look into tahitti or the med.

http://www.rssc.com/

cruised the tahitti islands with these guys 7 years ago. OMFG! ridiculous! We were at breakfast one morning and we sat down and read the days activities over juice and coffee. I got up and headed to the bfast bar grabbed a plate and started serving my self... No big deal right?? a ship steward (our personal one apperantly) RAN up to me and apologized profusely and asked if there was a problem. Confused i said no not at all. Seconds later his boss shows up and they started speaking to each other in a language i had never heard before and his boss turns to me and says im sorry mr lopez it wont happen again. Again confused i sat down with the supervisor and wanted an explanation on what had just transpired and he kept pushin the 6 star level of service being second to none. For the rest of the trip we were waited on hand and foot. It took a couple of days to get used to but it was awsome. These people would have shook it twice and wiped my ass if i asked them. :p it was $$$$$ but all inclusive including airfare. we will do it again when ive saved up enough.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Are you talking about the Club Med in Crested Butte? If so it closed a few years ago.

The only Club Med still remaining is Sandpiper Bay located in FL.

Bummer. Always looked like it would be a cool deal. One day I'll do some skiing in Colorado. Closest I've been is the Denver airport.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Jeff - scratch the all inclusive crap and get yourself a house in the Bahamas for a week. My GF and I did this in the Abacos on a tiny little private island with an awesome cottage, dock, and center console boat. We boated everywhere, snorkeling at random spots, private beaches, great bars. Vacation of my life!

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Fuck it... Go to Vegas!!! Get screwed, brewed and Tatoo'd! :champagne:

Reaction score
Tahiti (Bora Bora) being my favorite.

X2 :thumbsup

It's a little hard to top views like this.

000_7204_1_1.jpg

cxr

Reaction score
i girl here at the office said Australia and Dhubai were really nice.
sounds like you have not been to either

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
I've done Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii, Tahiti, Fiji, Belize....all were great with Tahiti (Bora Bora) being my favorite.

I've always wanted to check out Key West and maybe rent a house and boat over there for a week.

Im right there with you!! I am definitely looking into that area again.

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
Scratch the all inclusive crap and get yourself a house in the Bahamas for a week. My GF and I did this in the Abacos on a tiny little private island with an awesome cottage, dock, and center console boat. We boated everywhere, snorkeling at random spots, private beaches, great bars. Vacation of my life!

Marcel, Send me a link!! We are looking into a resort in Belize but also homes in Rosemary Beach FL. I need to get this under control!! :D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
I hear that Tijuana is beautiful this time of year... :D

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
I hear that Tijuana is beautiful this time of year... :D

Um, no. Im over Mexico. Too many times... too many tickets.... too fuzzy memories and hangovers. I wish I could find that place that was south of Ensenada that had Dunes and allowed Jet Skis. We used to tow both down there and camp on the beach.... of course this was, cough, 30 years ago, cough cough..... fock it...now Im depressed thining about it.

Nashvillebound

Reaction score
If you can handle an endless flight, do the South Pacific fling.

If 3 hours from Atlanta sounds better, here is a sweet house on Cruz Bay thats Lambo worthy.

http://www.stjohnvillas.com/villa-listing/a-la-mer-stj

Oops. Wrong house. This is the Peter Bay house. Used to be next door to Kenny Chesney

http://www.stjohnvillas.com/villa-listing/presidio-del-mar

Those are all nice and grand but I have no friends to stay there with us so I guess that eliminates those :violin::violin::violin: Besides $30k-$50k a week is pretty rediculous. Unless your RD of course.......

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Um, no. Im over Mexico. Too many times... too many tickets.... too fuzzy memories and hangovers. I wish I could find that place that was south of Ensenada that had Dunes and allowed Jet Skis. We used to tow both down there and camp on the beach.... of course this was, cough, 30 years ago, cough cough..... fock it...now Im depressed thining about it.

Cantamar...

Except for Cabo, Mexico is a shithole...

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Marcel, Send me a link!! We are looking into a resort in Belize but also homes in Rosemary Beach FL. I need to get this under control!! :D

Just emailed you the link.

If you go, bring my flip flops back. I left them on the front porch. ;)

JMC

Reaction score
Those are all nice and grand but I have no friends to stay there with us so I guess that eliminates those :violin::violin::violin: Besides $30k-$50k a week is pretty rediculous. Unless your RD of course.......

Figured you had a big crowd going. We usually go with 4 or 5 couples and get a 10K sq. foot house for around 10-12K a week. Divided up its really reasonable. There are crap loads of homes there in the 2- 10k sq foot range. You can figure roughly $1000 per 7 days per 1000 sq. feet.

32 beaches on the island and more Corona commercials shot there than any other place. Virgin Gorda and the Baths are 1.5 hours away via boat. Excellent food, take your Jeep in the National Forrest legally. Not a lot of natives or tourists here either, very peaceful.

Can you tell this is my favorite spot?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Driving around Micronesia / Saipan is cool.
Occasional beach bar and grills with excellent food and drink,,, US currency because it's USA.

20060718-saipan-014_2786.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

spaceout.gif