WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What's News Over at OCM These Days?

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
All I can add is they are open today but there is almost no boats left. I see 5 in back for service. Usually they have at least 20-25.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
People keep talking about that big truck.

The local guys in Havasu (shops) have some joke text going around that says

"It's fall and leaves are falling off trees, and stickers are falling off trucks and buildings". Or something like that.. It's followed by this pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444152795.632486.jpg

Like I said earlier.. It's over it just hasn't ended yet.

sfury

Reaction score
Every time I see this post I think of Marc Duda from Fullerton. Lol some of you knew him from Havasu I'm sure. Google his name and read up on him. Fucking guy is serving time in prison just like this Tim guy should. Marc was usually on the boat named " Bad Investment" makes sense now.

http://m.ocregister.com/articles/duda-346658-court-victims.html

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Every time I see this post I think of Marc Duda from Fullerton. Lol some of you knew him from Havasu I'm sure. Google his name and read up on him. Fucking guy is serving time in prison just like this Tim guy should. Marc was usually on the boat named " Bad Investment" makes sense now.

I can't believe he only got like 6 years, so a million dollars a year to sit in jail, sign me up. Just like that punk kid from my high school that pretended to have a huge rock band, and banks loaned him money against it. Rob Peter to pay Paul and live like a fake rock star for years, Robert Mawhinny, 11M get had stolen all said and done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I can't believe he only got like 6 years, so a million dollars a year to sit in jail, sign me up. Just like that punk kid from my high school that pretended to have a huge rock band, and banks loaned him money against it. Rob Peter to pay Paul and live like a fake rock star for years, Robert Mawhinny, 11M get had stolen all said and done.

How do you borrow money against a band? Let alone a fake one? Just getting a car loan in a PITA for me.. LOL How do these people do this shit?

RD

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score

tunnel vision

Reaction score
How the hell does he still operate in such a small town, he must have ice water in his veins. I would be afraid someone would bury me in the desert... I just don't get it, how can he just get up in the morning and act like its just a regular day at the office, its weird and scary at the same time.

As I have said before, he's down there now, you have to keep him :)

I heard he was a good locksmith before he became a thief, maybe he'll resort back to that trade.

ArizonaDCB

Reaction score

"It's fall and leaves are falling off trees, and stickers are falling off trucks and buildings". Or something like that.. It's followed by this pic.

View attachment 440655

That's a great site to see............no more OCM decals on the building or his truck, not to mention the lot looks empty with no boats around.
Are there any boats in the Showroom, what happened to the big MTI and Nordic that have been there forever??
I agree with you RD, things seem to be over with Tim / OCM and the end is near.
It's still hard to believe he actually shows his face around town or on the water, he should be scared shitless and watching over his back at all times you would think.

Enen

Reaction score

View attachment 440655

Who owns this building?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That's a great site to see............no more OCM decals on the building or his truck, not to mention the lot looks empty with no boats around.
Are there any boats in the Showroom, what happened to the big MTI and Nordic that have been there forever??
I agree with you RD, things seem to be over with Tim / OCM and the end is near.
It's still hard to believe he actually shows his face around town or on the water, he should be scared shitless and watching over his back at all times you would think.

I think the stickers are still on the building, but not for much longer.

I don't really care what Tim does from here on out, so long as he isn't ripping people off anymore. I feel bad for the people that got taken, and I know they would like to either get their money back or see him serve sometime. I'm not sure if either will happen.

Who owns this building?

I can't remember right now. I do know that there is two interested parties in renting the facility.

RD

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So theft of someone's money or property isn't a crime anymore?

Wild how we become so passive with big dollars.

Singleton

Reaction score
Would make a nice shop for Maxed Out Marine....

I would say no. Ricky knows how to run a business and is not going to put himself in a situation that could ruin his business. Monthly rent in that place has to be huge.

However, maybe Nordic needs a new sales and service shop

sspdy02

Reaction score
Sucks that this happened to anybody trying to buy or sell something, but when a company tells you they need this or that (title, reg, papers, whatever) in order to do X (buy or sell something). you believe them, you are no expert in that field, they are supposed to be the "experts" thats why you went to them in the first place.

OPM = OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.
OCM - OTHER CUSTOMERS MONEY.

There was even a movie named other peoples money (OPM)

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yes sir,

Peeps need to have respect when playing with OPM.

Brian

Sucks that this happened to anybody trying to buy or sell something, but when a company tells you they need this or that (title, reg, papers, whatever) in order to do X (buy or sell something). you believe them, you are no expert in that field, they are supposed to be the "experts" thats why you went to them in the first place.

OPM = OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.
OCM - OTHER CUSTOMERS MONEY.

There was even a movie named other peoples money (OPM)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I would say no. Ricky knows how to run a business and is not going to put himself in a situation that could ruin his business. Monthly rent in that place has to be huge.

However, maybe Nordic needs a new sales and service shop
Location doesn't seem to be an issue for Nordic and most likely is owned clear and free.
As beautiful as the Campbell building is and its great location it seems to have killed a few businesses already:(

milkmoney

Reaction score
I like how you think. More importantly, are the indoor kart racing prices big enough for that monthly nut?

Those damn things got to make money , they are every where. Can't be more expensive then those ones in Vegas and Cali. ? [emoji2]

riverroyal

Reaction score
I live right by the carlsbad location. I went the first week it opened, must be 10 years now. I thought it was the greatest thing ever, but it cant last. Guess I was wrong. That location would be considered small but doable. Not in their biz model I wouldn't think, they do buildings in strange areas to save money. It will sort empty for years I'm afraid. Maybe a small version of a bass pro shop would make it

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
az is one of the scary states.. they used to not have boat ownership papers because they were fish and game... you just sign the reg... but the trailer had a title....

so guys would need some cash.. wanna sell the boat, upside down on the boat...

put it up for sale for cheep, tell you that they lost the trailer title but have the boat ownership papers..you go to fish and game and they reg the boat.the guy selling the boat takes your money moves to kansas... the bank has a repo company find the boat and while you are at denny's repo's it...

cops say its a contract dispute and zero..you have to get a pair of red shoes click them to gether and go to kanasa.... then you find out that kanasa won't do anything either..have to take them to court in AZ:(

so you beat the fuc out of your truck dash and throw the ice tea at the drive up window server cause you ordered un sweetened.....

fuc fuc fuc mother fuc..:(

So factual it hurts Steve......I've found the lesson out the hard way. Got burned in GA on a consignment and still hold out my name will reach the top of the list and make me even. I'm not holding my breath......:(

All states are different. GA is a no title state. Never figured it out. But realized the effects. Got a copy of the canceled check that bought my lil' boat. New owner is a great guy. A-Hole consignment dealer, not so much. Exactly as you describe. All his assets are in the name of family members and he plods on.....God has a special place for these slugs one day.:thumbsdown

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
what about this "VIEW" of the deal if you will.....

lets just say,... this never was posted here...the OCM .. story...

lets just say this poor fuc made it through worst of times..... the business was way in the red.. and instead of closing up.. and filing BK..which a majority did..he decides. or thinks he can pull it off...so by "creative financing" which is interest free..

he moves the business to havasu.... things start heading towards the black......the business is operating on the "FLOAT"...but is headed towards the black.....boats deals are happening, and sale are getting better...people are upgrading again...

so now one of the deals backs up... and like a train... doesn't matter which car derails
it effect all of them....

so now the creative financing, be comes a juggling act..but rather than cloing the doors,.... he still thinks he can pull it off

so heres what I'm wondering..... did all this cause the people that were gonna get paid late...become people that will never be paid at all??

when I was in the struggle, 21 yrs old wife and 2 kids,.. more than one time on wed.
I sent my wife to the grocery store and had her write a check... no money in the account....with the idea that I would deposit my pay check on friday to cover it...

but maybe I'm the only one here that had to do that... so I understand "CREATIVE FINANCING";)

BUT, I did have this happen,..depost my payroll check and it bounced:(:yikes

now all my checks are bouncing... so who was at fault...???...next rather than the bank closing my account... they charged me 20 bucks a check, and when I made a deposit to cover the checks.... they took it for back fees and chaged me for more checks that bounced

JJK94

Reaction score
And through it all you were parading your Rolls Royce around. .. Don't think so.. Once a scum always a scum

Old Texan

Reaction score
So theft of someone's money or property isn't a crime anymore?

Wild how we become so passive with big dollars.

It's shocking how many fraudulent deals go down all the time. I can name several here locally in the past 10 years. Some are blatant and easily solved legally. The perps get their due time in jail. Others are more subtle and the parties who lost money are either to proud to admit they got screwed or the dealings are to complicated to unravel without expensive investigations.

All these deals involve a slick talker getting into people's pockets by gaining false trust and tickling their desires to make some "easy" money.

It involves more than being passive, and it's nothing new. These deals have been happening forever. They're out there in the open if you look around and can gather the facts.

Of these several deals I mention, all involved highly religious people who people either mistrusted or some as victims chose to forgive the perps.

If we ever have occasion to sit down for a number of beers, I can tell you some tales I've seen first hand. It's crazy.;)

Old Texan

Reaction score
Location doesn't seem to be an issue for Nordic and most likely is owned clear and free.
As beautiful as the Campbell building is and its great location it seems to have killed a few businesses already:(

Funny how some locations have multiple business failures for one reason or another. And they all look just so right and appealing.......:headscratch:

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
And through it all you were parading your Rolls Royce around. .. Don't think so.. Once a scum always a scum

it was a bentley that I had,..if your quoting me... and as of right now I owe nobody

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Are we saying that OCM didn't intentionally scam the system or he did?

If I wrote a bad check to the grocery store on a Wednesday against the payroll check I was going to deposit on Friday... I don't think I'd be loading my groceries in a Freightliner or Mercedes Benz.

guest hs

Reaction score

lets just say this poor fuc made it through worst of times..... the business was way in the red.. and instead of closing up.. and filing BK..which a majority did..he decides. or thinks he can pull it off...so by "creative financing" which is interest free..

he moves the business to havasu.... things start heading towards the black......the business is operating on the "FLOAT"...but is headed towards the black.....boats deals are happening, and sale are getting better...people are upgrading again...

so now one of the deals backs up... and like a train... doesn't matter which car derails

so now the creative financing, be comes a juggling act..but rather than cloing the doors,.... he still thinks he can pull it off

so heres what I'm wondering..... did all this cause the people that were gonna get paid late...become people that will never be paid at all??

when I was in the struggle, 21 yrs old wife and 2 kids,.. more than one time on wed.
I sent my wife to the grocery store and had her write a check... no money in the account....with the idea that I would deposit my pay check on friday to cover it...

but maybe I'm the only one here that had to do that... so I understand "CREATIVE FINANCING";)

now all my checks are bouncing... so who was at fault...???...next rather than the bank closing my account... they charged me 20 bucks a check, and when I made a deposit to cover the checks.... they took it for back fees and chaged me for more checks that bounced

If it wasn't for social media most of us probably wouldn't know about this and maybe he would have pulled through this, but social media these days can destroy a business. In my opinion I feel that social media is a way for the customer to blackmail a company into doing something that is a against their policy's just to protect the company's reputation.

PVHCA

Reaction score

Why the need to defend Tim? I don't buy for a second you feel this guy is innocent or didn't have ill intentions. He ran a scam that caught up with him. Why BK, because at that point you are doing things legally and attempting to right the ship not continue to screw Peter to pay Paul.

This wasn't his first rodeo per the victims.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score

I had to do some creative financing when times got tough...but I always got rid of the toys and the excessive outings first.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

but maybe I'm the only one here that had to do that.

Did that many times and not just at the grocery store.

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
Wow, we were there just a couple of weeks ago. We ran into some rocks at Windsor and took our boat over there to see if he can fix the outdrive. Thank god we didn't leave it there. Who knows what would of happened.

Mrs.HLB

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wow, we were there just a couple of weeks ago. We ran into some rocks at Windsor and took our boat over there to see if he can fix the outdrive. Thank god we didn't leave it there. Who knows what would of happened.

Mrs.HLB

I think we all have a pretty good idea what would have happened LOL