WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s at Your Bedside???

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I now have two great Pyrenees mountain dogs, if you can get past them, I have Mossberg pump-action by my side, I hope it never comes to this, but to be woken up in the middle of night, half drunk, half stoned, trying to aim a firearm is the last thing I want to do……
So you have booze, dope, and loaded firearms outside of a safe in the house…while inebriated?
You do realize that 8 billion people (including law enforcement) have access to this site?

Nordie

Reaction score
So you have booze, dope, and loaded firearms outside of a safe in the house…while inebriated?
You do realize that 8 billion people (including law enforcement) have access to this site?

He never said it was loaded, you just assumed that.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
IMG_1094.gif

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
He never said it was loaded, you just assumed that.
It ain’t me, or any other member, that gives a fuck.
It’s the list of crusaders with causes that monitor this site.
And they are relentless.
This isn’t a private club.
It’s a wet dream for ex wives lawyers, anti off roaders, anti gun crusaders, and a laundry list of those who thrive off the shit people post on here.
One member recently posted the front of his fucking AMEX card.
Guns? Fuck that. This is the LAST PLACE I’d ever post my shit up (if I had anything) and I wish I’d never done it in the past.
Anyone on this earth can read these posts except possibly N Koreans and infants.
That ain’t paranoia, it’s plain and simple fact.
Every state in this republic has laws about booze, dope, and guns…specifically storage of guns.

Reactions: t&y

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Correct and 7,999,999,975 of those people aren’t bored middle aged and old men reading a message board……
Wanna bet?
It ain’t me that’ll lose that bet.
Place is a sieve as of late.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Easy Killer………

I’m pretty sure most people understand that the interweb isn’t private.
I’m much more concerned about the tracking we don’t know much about….
What would you like to know?😎
😉😎

clarence

Reaction score

Will my post #27 will be admissible in court?

Because I'd like to enter that as evidence, please.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Yes, if you have little ones, please keep those guns locked up and safe from kids. I've seen the result of what happens when kids get their hands on what they thought were hidden guns. It ain't pretty!

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Yes, I have in my home booze, dope, and firearms..
I did not say it was not in a gun safe, or have a trigger lock or cable lock.
In my room every thing is lock up, guns are stored unloaded, locked, and separate from ammunition. again I don't want to be woken up in the middle of night, half drunk, half stoned, trying to load and aim a firearm, it is the last thing I want to do……I hoping the dogs take care of the problem's as they are always sober.

81+TJD5VfnL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
The absolute best thing to have is a dog that barks at anything…. Or 2 dogs Is even better

Even if it’s a tiny little yapper dog !!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I have an IPhone and Apple Watch charger on my night stand. But not too far away I have my trusty Ruger Sp101 .357 loaded with Winchester silver tip hollow points. Oh, and some Kleenex, don’t ask.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
For those that are not comfortable with actual firearms but wish to have some "bedside" (or other) security Check into Berna "less lethal" We have these to compliment our firearms , they are very dependable precision made and actually good to know, use , operate and practice along with providing a modicum of security and * legal to carry (some limitations)

Attachments

• IMG_2399.JPG
    IMG_2399.JPG
    776.8 KB · Views: 23

Sharky

Reaction score
I have an alarm clock and a phone charger. And a space for my glasses. Don't want a fire arm in the night stand.

However, I have a hand me down Browning Auto5, 12Ga is in the closet. Inherited that one from my uncle. It's 5 steps away. #1 shot. Its loaded but no shell in the chamber.

Its tucked behind the tuxedo I wore for my wedding.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
2 pocket dogs, wife that has bionic mom hearing, a Ruger Blackhawk .357 Mag revolver on my side a a M&P Shield 9mm with 4 loaded magazines next to it on wonder woman's side. The walk in closet in our bedroom and closet by the front door also may have some form of protection in them.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
It ain’t me, or any other member, that gives a fuck.
It’s the list of crusaders with causes that monitor this site.
And they are relentless.
This isn’t a private club.
It’s a wet dream for ex wives lawyers, anti off roaders, anti gun crusaders, and a laundry list of those who thrive off the shit people post on here.
One member recently posted the front of his fucking AMEX card.
Guns? Fuck that. This is the LAST PLACE I’d ever post my shit up (if I had anything) and I wish I’d never done it in the past.
Anyone on this earth can read these posts except possibly N Koreans and infants.
That ain’t paranoia, it’s plain and simple fact.
Every state in this republic has laws about booze, dope, and guns…specifically storage of guns.

Those crusaders already assume the worst. 😜

Orange Juice

Reaction score
2 pocket dogs, wife that has bionic mom hearing, a Ruger Blackhawk .357 Mag revolver on my side a a M&P Shield 9mm with 4 loaded magazines next to it on wonder woman's side. The walk in closet in our bedroom and closet by the front door also may have some form of protection in them.

A couple yappie terrier's will alert the entire house, and every dog in the neighborhood😁

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Keep waiting for the follow up thread, “What does she keep in nightstand or next to bed?”

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Flame away if you like, but some of you guys are funny. A lot of chest-puffing Billy Bad Ass talk about the impressive hardware you keep nearby as if you're thoroughly ready to take on the apocalypse.

I wonder...how many of you actually trained with your weapons simulating real-life conditions or actually in real-life conditions? I'm not taking going out into the desert 2 miles outside of Havasu in your golf cart and shooting at cans.

How many of you have actually pointed a gun at someone and were prepared to use it? Your finger on the trigger and ready to pull.

Have you trained on a quick draw making sure you turn the safety off as part of it? Do you store your firearm with one in the hole? If not, will you remember to rack one in? What will you do if you pull the trigger and all that happens is *click*? What if you get one round off and there's a jam?

What will you do if you draw down and the intruder turns and runs away? Will you shoot them in the back? What about the background? Are your kids behind the wall the intruder is standing in front of? Do you shoot then?

For those who have trained on these things professionally, I'm not taking to you and I bet you aren't the ones boasting about the sheer firepower in your bedroom that rivals some NATO membership countries. For the rest, there's a big difference between buying the best gun on the market along with 20 mags and actually being able to use them effectively if that time comes.

Are you really prepared to do what you think you'll do and are you actually able to do it under high stress conditions with circumstances that may not go exactly as you expect?

Romans9

Reaction score
Flame away if you like, but some of you guys are funny. A lot of chest-puffing Billy Bad Ass talk about the impressive hardware you keep nearby as if you're thoroughly ready to take on the apocalypse.

I wonder...how many of you actually trained with your weapons simulating real-life conditions or actually in real-life conditions? I'm not taking going out into the desert 2 miles outside of Havasu in your golf cart and shooting at cans.

How many of you have actually pointed a gun at someone and were prepared to use it? Your finger on the trigger and ready to pull.

Have you trained on a quick draw making sure you turn the safety off as part of it? Do you store your firearm with one in the hole? If not, will you remember to rack one in? What will you do if you pull the trigger and all that happens is *click*? What if you get one round off and there's a jam?

What will you do if you draw down and the intruder turns and runs away? Will you shoot them in the back? What about the background? Are your kids behind the wall the intruder is standing in front of? Do you shoot then?

For those who have trained on these things professionally, I'm not taking to you and I bet you aren't the ones boasting about the sheer firepower in your bedroom that rivals some NATO membership countries. For the rest, there's a big difference between buying the best gun on the market along with 20 mags and actually being able to use them effectively if that time comes.

Are you really prepared to do what you think you'll do and are you actually able to do it under high stress conditions with circumstances that may not go exactly as you expect?

Like @wash11 I regularly train.
I have used my beside hardware in nearly ever kind of situation imaginable.
I can scoot over from the other side of the bed and use one hand to grab while still keeping the hole plugged and not spilling a drop.
Sometimes when my wife is anticipating some “trouble” she will even put one under her pillow and when I roll over and shove my hand uner her pillow I know what she is expecting.

I try to train at least 4-5 times a week sometimes even twice a day……

Edited to say mine didn’t cum from the Holiday Inn like Joel’s did……..

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Phone charger and Google Home display that controls 20+ different devices including the @Riverbound installed HVAC system, Roomba, sprinklers, inside lights , outside lights, TV's, soundbars and even the lights inside the garage.

All the connected bulbs can put out millions of colors and intensities for setting the exact mood you want.

When I tell Google "goodnight", it turns off all the lights and TV's, tells me the weather for tomorrow, tells me my appointments for tomorrow and then asks what time to set the alarm for.

The year of The Jetsons has finally arrived. 👍🏼