[video=youtube;tWDprSdH2xQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWDprSdH2xQ[/video]

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Vin used to run one of those :D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I remember seeing a few of those on bikes in the 70's.

Chico&Zeus

35' Nordic Flame
Reaction score
A liability lawyers biggest nightmare!!!

Look at how pussafied we have become people.:grumble:

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I had a Stingray...I SOOOOO wanted a wheelie bar, but mom would have no part in buying it for me.

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
I had a Stingray...I SOOOOO wanted a wheelie bar, but mom would have no part in buying it for me.

My folks said no way to a wheelie bar too.

On the up side...they did buy us lawn darts. :D :D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I had the wham-o on my StingRay for awhile, but took it off to do the "chopperrod" fork extensions and a sissy bar. :D
Then those gave way to the handlebars off a mini-dirt bike & a single peg seat..and thus was born the BMX craze.

linus3

Reaction score
Had one on mine. Taco'd it backwards within a week trying to see how far I could pull a wheelie with the back tire off the ground. Damn near cracked the back of my head open. And yes, I had a playing card in my spokes making that cool sound. :party2:

dribble

Reaction score
Just think of the product liability lawsuits that would happen today.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Children not wearing helmets or shoes.. I saw no reflectors on those bicycles. The parents should be charged with child abuse.

It's no wonder children choose to play video games nowadays rather than ride bicycles, by the time you add all your required safety BS to do anything these days the fun is gone. The risk of getting injured is half the f*cking fun!

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
Had one on mine. Taco'd it backwards within a week trying to see how far I could pull a wheelie with the back tire off the ground. Damn near cracked the back of my head open. And yes, I had a playing card in my spokes making that cool sound. :party2:

I don't know how many baseball cards from the sixties I destroyed for the sound of a real motorcycle!:D

But if you wanted to hear a real rumble, try a under inflated ballon front and back......it was so cool, but didn't last long.:D

AFUEL7067

Reaction score
Ryan did you notice some of the Stingrays were from the first production run with out a banana seat they had the solo polo seat ....... Now find a cool old add for the Simpson bat chute for a stingray:D

6 balls

Reaction score
1964 ;)

64stingray-01.jpg

64stingray-02.jpg

64stingray-03.jpg

64stingray-04.jpg

JMC

Reaction score
Thats the coolest thing I have watched in a long time. Its a shame where society is now. Back then people had common sense...hell kids had common sense! Now everything that is made has to be moron proof.