WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wells Fargo Accounts.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Wells Fargo with some checks to deposit and they informed me my account was frozen because I didn’t update my mailing address in September. Apparently my accounts were set to be closed If I didn’t update my information,

I was like let’s update this shit. they told me I needed to make an appointment and come back with the banker?? I said what if my account is closed before my appointment?? That is when the blank stare began from the teller, I know the manager at the branch he told me to come back today and out of my five accounts only two can be rescued. The other three will close but they told me I could open new accounts if I wanted. I kindly told them to kiss my ass.

Who does everyone Bank with that doesn’t suck??

hallett21

Reaction score
Yesterday I went to Wells Fargo with some checks to deposit and they informed me my account was frozen because I didn’t update my mailing address in September. Apparently my accounts were set to be closed If I didn’t update my information,

I was like let’s update this shit. they told me I needed to make an appointment and come back with the banker?? I said what if my account is closed before my appointment?? That is when the blank stare began from the teller, I know the manager at the branch he told me to come back today and out of my five accounts only two can be rescued. The other three will close but they told me I could open new accounts if I wanted. I kindly told them to kiss my ass.

@ChumpChange

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I moved away from my accounts with B of A and Wells Fargo. Too many issues including international travel. They would freeze my accounts anytime I travelled even though I would update them before I travelled.

I moved over to Chase about 6 months ago and it’s been pretty good. My expectations are really low based on my past experiences so maybe that’s why Chase seems favorable so far.

callbob

semi flaccid member
Reaction score
Credit Union for the win. I have 2 that I have used to purchase cars, not everyone is a baller, but both paid off a long time ago. I have a credit card with each for a fraction of the interest I used to pay with the big guys. Even with a 800+ score still wouldn’t budge off 22%. Buh bye. Don’t use credit cards much anymore but nice to have if needed. Rest of banking done in small town local bank back home in Colorado

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Moved to Chase some time ago. Incredible service from Tina. Tina hooked us up a
With all the accounts needed and she would make things happen so we didn’t have to wait. We moved alot of our banking at the time. Then sadly she had her accident. Hoping for her return one day. She is a godsend and blessing for my wife.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I really don't think anyone should be using Wells Fargo. They have continually robbed their own clients. They have commited very serious crimes against people who are most vulnerable. I'm sure all banks have issues, but I usually split duties between a Credit union, Chase, Schwab, and Fidelity. Chase is the only bank actually expanding branches in the current market.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Navy Federal Credit Union. I do everything mobilely. I go into the branch less than once a year.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I’ve been with WF since they acquired Crocker bank mid 80’s. Never not been pleased with them.
Currently checking and savings with them. Had a mortgage through them too until we moved.
I’ve had to talk to them on the phone and what ever issue was needed to tend to was always resolved. Lucky? 🤷‍♂️

TimeBandit

Reaction score
47 years with WFB, I have never had them ask me to "update" my address. I have been inside the branch zero times in the last two years.

I do use the app on my phone or computer several times a week.

Address? I get no actual "mail" from them, all accounts are set to "online" communication only.

I wonder why this happened??

motormonkey

Reaction score
All I had to do was call and confirm address. I asked if a data breach or if some one was using my info. Said they couldn't share that info. My wife took the phone when I started getting pointed with my Q and A. LOL.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I’ve been with WF since they acquired Crocker bank mid 80’s. Never not been pleased with them.
Currently checking and savings with them. Had a mortgage through them too until we moved.
I’ve had to talk to them on the phone and what ever issue was needed to tend to was always resolved. Lucky? 🤷‍♂️
Ditto that. Been happy with them over all the years.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Fuck Wells Fargo.

You all heard about the scandal they ran several years back where they were opening accounts without their customers knowledge and then charging them fees for low balances?

Well they got my then 90 year old mother on that shit. She kept getting letters saying she owed money and would call them to inquire about it and they would give her some bullshit explanation. So, she didn’t pay the fees and next month here comes another letter with an even bigger fee. Note that she had a six figure balance with them.

There were many others in her situation as we found out after the whole scam was uncovered. That shows the level of integrity they have. I seriously hope nobody ever deposits a dime into that POS institution.

Last edited:

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
We love our regional bank.

What methods did WF use to attempt to notify you? Phone call? Email? Snail Mail? I would think all three. The bottom line is . . . these big banks do not care about keeping your business. Not one person in the branch cares about keeping your business. That is why we prefer the smaller banks.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
47 years with WFB, I have never had them ask me to "update" my address. I have been inside the branch zero times in the last two years.

I do use the app on my phone or computer several times a week.

Address? I get no actual "mail" from them, all accounts are set to "online" communication only.

I wonder why this happened??
Same here. I have been with WF for over 30 years without any issues, Car loans, Mortgages, Line of credit….All 3 of my pensions go into my account thru direct deposit with no problems. 👍

boatpi

Reaction score
Many new federal laws dealing with banking went into effect last year. Most have to do with narco trafficking, discuss with banker. We have had to comply with many new regulations I the past few
Months.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score

Logix credit union has been the best bank I've ever delt with. And no fees for anything. And cheapest interest rates on loans too.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
CU for the win for personal. Schwab for brokerage and business is with Chase. Best overall customer service is the CU.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'm a Wells Fargo guy, lol.. I haven't had any problems with them. Even opened up an Intuitive Investor account with them, It did 11% last year. Thinking about transferring some more in there soon. I've never been asked to update anything with them. I have four accounts with them, no problems.

DLC

Reaction score
The big banks want everyone to fit in a box….
all decisions are made in a computer - No personal connection! No over rides!

if you don’t fit in the box…. Well then your Not their customer ! Just a number….
unless you have MEGA bucks

@Jefftowz
look at a local bank, credit union etc

build a relationship

DLC

Reaction score
I’ve had a business acc at WF for 20 + years….

I don’t even answer their phone calls when they want to sell me something….

Chase is the same thing have a few accounts over there…..

Orange Juice

Reaction score

I get those calls. Everyone I answered wanted to sell me a service.

Reactions: DLC

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Every bank sucks.

I have done Wells Fargo, B of A, Chase, local credit unions and after all that..... back to Wells Fargo.

A single Wells Fargo Checking account to receive my direct deposit paycheck and do all my bill pay. Never let the balance get too high and transfer out to high yield saving and investment accounts.

WF's 2% cash back credit card is a good card too

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I get those calls. Everyone I answered wanted to sell me a service.
Ine of the good things about being a broke ass...... nobody attempts to sell you anything cause you ain't got no money to buy it with! Haha!

Well from the bank POV at least.

Reactions: DLC

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Wells fargo? Do you hate yourself?

I consider a Wells Fargo or BofA account the mark of low intelligence.

Why would you trust your money with known serial grifters?

Stupid stupid stupid...

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
Started banking with U.S. Bank two years ago. It is refreshing to talk real people who speak english, and want my business.
Same here...Been with US BANK for 13 years and its pretty legit. Im from the old school thought of face to face banking. First Interstate/Home Savings got me really spoiled. Lines are rare at a US Bank Branch and you are given a great attitude when you walk in. If you have a CC through them, its really easy to manage both the bank account and CC account together for payments and such, especially with their signature CC and rewards.

BingerFang

Reaction score
It sounds like they closed your account because they couldn’t complete the KYC process which is a mandatory regulation for all big banks.

Wells Fargo is constantly under fire for stupid shit, I don’t know why anyone would bank with them. I have personal accounts at Chase and love it.

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
It sounds like they closed your account because they couldn’t complete the KYC process which is a mandatory regulation for all big banks.

Wells Fargo is constantly under fire for stupid shit, I don’t know why anyone would bank with them. I have personal accounts at Chase and love it. I just pulled out $12k cash last week with no questions asked. I know BofA won’t do that without an appointment- from what I’ve heard.
I've pulled out more cash than that at BofA without an appointment.

81Sprint

Reaction score
Had B of A for 20+ years, recently switched to America First CU and they have been great to deal with. Only issue I have is they have daily limits on Zelle which I use a lot. I have a USAA account also but rarely use it, probably would use it more but I like having a branch close to home like AFCU.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Less than a year?

Got it. I heard a complaint late 2021 that someone tried to pull out $10k and they were told they have to make an appointment.

Maybe it was just a shitty branch, glad it was fake news.

I edited my post.

Romans9

Reaction score
Why do you guys use these “Big Banks” instead of locally owned banks? All the crap they have pulled over the years trying to disrupt business based on their politics and agenda’s such as dropping accounts of gun manufacturers and other things they deem unacceptable.

I can call my banker and talk to him and be treated like a friend. If he saw anything putting any of my accounts in peril he would immediately call me.

Also use a CU and they are great as well.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Did you ignore the notices Wells Fargo sent out last fall concerning this?
I got the same warning notice months ago (e-mail, text, and on the app) and so I called them.
The very nice English speaking lady on the other end had me straightened out in about 5 minutes.
It would appear that you neglected this required maintenance, or somehow missed the notices?
It always amuses me when people say this bank or that bank is great or sucks.
I have differently structured accounts in all the big banks…with WF more or less the “hub”. Each have their strengths and weaknesses.
When my PayPal got hacked twice, it was the kid on the phone at Wells Fargo that guided me on exactly how to extract my money from PayPal while blocking their access to my linked account. (Lesson learned)
Some banks I only use for CC, others I only use as depository banks, others I only use for insurance and car loans.
There’s some basic financial rules that a large majority of otherwise intelligent people seem to ignore.
Not the least of which is to PAY ATTENTION to your accounts…daily.

25 years with varying WF accounts and not a single complaint from me.

Why do you guys think that one bank is the answer?
My USAA blows everyone out of the water on bundled car and home policy’s…and usually any car loan…but I’d never consider them as my depository bank.
Chase was a decent mortgage carrier, until they weren’t…but they still provide me with several good revolving options.
One vehicle got America First…by half a point…

I’ll never understand why people think one place is going to service all their needs.

Last edited:

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Wells Fargo is constantly under fire for stupid shit, I don’t know why anyone would bank with them. I have personal accounts at Chase and love it.
By “stupid shit” You mean straight up criminal activity. Things like delaying deposits so they can charge overdrafts or rearranging debits to maximize fees. Flat out lying to their customers. Opening accounts and charging fees without permission. Over and over they do this crap, make a few $B robbing their customers, pay a few $M in fines and do it again.

I think I was about 22 years old when I realized what a bunch of crooks WF is. You are safer with a Mexican whore in your house than with a WF account. BoA is actually worse.

BingerFang

Reaction score
By “stupid shit” You mean straight up criminal activity. Things like delaying deposits so they can charge overdrafts or rearranging debits to maximize fees. Flat out lying to their customers. Opening accounts and charging fees without permission. Over and over they do this crap, make a few $B robbing their customers, pay a few $M in fines and do it again.

I think I was about 22 years old when I realized what a bunch of crooks WF is. You are safer with a Mexican whore in your house than with a WF account. BoA is actually worse.

Exactly, all stupid shit!

I have my mortgage with them, unfortunately. Rate is 2.875% so I kinda feel like I’m somewhat winning 😂

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

If you are relying on a deposit to cover your drafts…Wells Fargo is probably not the bank for you.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Got it. I heard a complaint late 2021 that someone tried to pull out $10k and they were told they have to make an appointment.

Maybe it was just a shitty branch, glad it was fake news.

I edited my post.
My CU needs 2 days lead time if I want like $20K or more in cash. They just don’t keep that much in large bills at my branch. I don’t do hookers blow and gamble much so giving them a few days lead time has never been a problem for me.