WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Weird Google Maps City of Picher, Ok

Tank

Reaction score
Reading an article on abandoned places and it talks about this whole city of Picher, Oklahoma. I google map it and all the street views are still the city as it was but the satellite views show nearly the whole town was demolished because the local mine poisoned everyone basically. Kinda eerie. Like walking back in time via google street view. Shit like this just intrigues me for some reason...Always has.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...772c92f1a2529a!8m2!3d36.9870116!4d-94.8307844

History:

Picher is a ghost town and former city in Ottawa County, Oklahoma, United States. This was a major national center of lead and zinc mining at the heart of the Tri-State Mining District.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency. The state collaborated on mitigation and remediation measures, but a 1996 study found that 34% of the children in Picher suffered from lead poisoning due to these environmental effects, which could result in lifelong neurological problems.[4] Eventually the EPA and the state of Oklahoma agreed to a mandatory evacuation and buyout of the entire township. The similarly contaminated satellite towns of Treece, Kansas and Cardin, Oklahoma were included in the Tar Creek Superfund site.

A 2006 Army Corps of Engineers study showed 86% of Picher's buildings (including the town school) were badly undermined and subject to collapse at any time.[5] The destruction of 150 homes by an EF4 tornado in May 2008 accelerated the exodus. On September 1, 2009, the state of Oklahoma officially dis-incorporated the city of Picher, which ceased official operations on that day. The population plummeted from 1,640 at the 2000 census to 20 at the 2010 census. As of January 2011, only six homes and one business remain, their owners having refused to leave at any price. Except for some historic structures, the rest of the town's buildings were scheduled to be demolished by the end of the year. One of the last buildings, which had housed the former Picher mining museum was destroyed by arson in April 2015. (However, its historical archives and artifacts had already been shipped elsewhere by this point.)

Picher is among a small number of locations in the world (such as Gilman, Colorado; Centralia, Pennsylvania; and Wittenoom, Western Australia) to be evacuated and declared uninhabitable due to environmental and health damage caused by the mines the town once serviced.

The closest towns to Picher, other than nearby Cardin, Treece, and Douthat, are Commerce, Quapaw (the headquarters of the nation by that name), and Miami, Oklahoma.

Tank

Reaction score
I am fascinated by this stuff to Tank. Sounds weird but I have always wanted to go to Chernobyl

DUUUUUUUDE!! ME TOO!!

I've even looked into those tours. I think it would be freakin awesome to go check out Chernobyl. whenever I see articles on it, I'll always read them and check out all the pics. Shits crazy.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
There was a cool show on Netflix for a long time called "Forgotten Planet" Abandoned America. Picher Ok was on there as well as Salton Sea and a few others. Super interesting. I'm sure it's floating around on the net somewhere so you could check it out.

"A brief look at the rise and fall from greatness of various locations in the United States such as Detroit, the Salton Sea, Hunters Point Naval Shipyard and the towns of Picher, Oklahoma and Bodie, California. The decay of these sites as they are retaken by nature have strange beauty that is difficult to look away from."

Tank

Reaction score
There was a cool show on Netflix for a long time called "Forgotten Planet" Abandoned America. Picher Ok was on there as well as Salton Sea and a few others. Super interesting. I'm sure it's floating around on the net somewhere so you could check it out.

"A brief look at the rise and fall from greatness of various locations in the United States such as Detroit, the Salton Sea, Hunters Point Naval Shipyard and the towns of Picher, Oklahoma and Bodie, California. The decay of these sites as they are retaken by nature have strange beauty that is difficult to look away from."

I'll have to search that on the magic box. Thanks for the tip. Love that stuff.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I am fascinated by ruins as well, that series of photos you were posting up with the abandoned amusement parks, racetracks, and various buildings kept me quite entertained Tank!

4Waters

Reaction score
Reading an article on abandoned places and it talks about this whole city of Picher, Oklahoma. I google map it and all the street views are still the city as it was but the satellite views show nearly the whole town was demolished because the local mine poisoned everyone basically. Kinda eerie. Like walking back in time via google street view. Shit like this just intrigues me for some reason...Always has.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...772c92f1a2529a!8m2!3d36.9870116!4d-94.8307844

History:

Picher is a ghost town and former city in Ottawa County, Oklahoma, United States. This was a major national center of lead and zinc mining at the heart of the Tri-State Mining District.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency. The state collaborated on mitigation and remediation measures, but a 1996 study found that 34% of the children in Picher suffered from lead poisoning due to these environmental effects, which could result in lifelong neurological problems.[4] Eventually the EPA and the state of Oklahoma agreed to a mandatory evacuation and buyout of the entire township. The similarly contaminated satellite towns of Treece, Kansas and Cardin, Oklahoma were included in the Tar Creek Superfund site.

A 2006 Army Corps of Engineers study showed 86% of Picher's buildings (including the town school) were badly undermined and subject to collapse at any time.[5] The destruction of 150 homes by an EF4 tornado in May 2008 accelerated the exodus. On September 1, 2009, the state of Oklahoma officially dis-incorporated the city of Picher, which ceased official operations on that day. The population plummeted from 1,640 at the 2000 census to 20 at the 2010 census. As of January 2011, only six homes and one business remain, their owners having refused to leave at any price. Except for some historic structures, the rest of the town's buildings were scheduled to be demolished by the end of the year. One of the last buildings, which had housed the former Picher mining museum was destroyed by arson in April 2015. (However, its historical archives and artifacts had already been shipped elsewhere by this point.)

Picher is among a small number of locations in the world (such as Gilman, Colorado; Centralia, Pennsylvania; and Wittenoom, Western Australia) to be evacuated and declared uninhabitable due to environmental and health damage caused by the mines the town once serviced.

The closest towns to Picher, other than nearby Cardin, Treece, and Douthat, are Commerce, Quapaw (the headquarters of the nation by that name), and Miami, Oklahoma.
It looks to me like there are a lot of good street racing spots out there in Picher.

Tank

Reaction score
I am fascinated by ruins as well, that series of photos you were posting up with the abandoned amusement parks, racetracks, and various buildings kept me quite entertained Tank!

Thanks man. I actually have a bunch of new ones in a group I need to post up in the Kodak thread. I'll get to it maybe tomorrow.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Don't feel alone guys, I have always had this weird fascination with defunct places as well. My wife and I are huge ghost town hunting fans (we live in a great place for it). However the weirder the better. I have always loved the stories about these places and how they go from booming to nothing in a matter of years or even months. The Salton Sea has always intrigued me. Man, homes there are CHEAP. hahaha! There are a few on Zillow.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Don't feel alone guys, I have always had this weird fascination with defunct places as well. My wife and I are huge ghost town hunting fans (we live in a great place for it). However the weirder the better. I have always loved the stories about these places and how they go from booming to nothing in a matter of years or even months. The Salton Sea has always intrigued me. Man, homes there are CHEAP. hahaha! There are a few on Zillow.

You would have thought CA leading the way in all things environmental would have fixed that problem out at the Salton Sea by now.. but there is no money in it, so it rots. If they ever did, the land there would skyrocket in value.

Tank

Reaction score
You would have thought CA leading the way in all things environmental would have fixed that problem out at the Salton Sea by now.. but there is no money in it, so it rots. If they ever did, the land there would skyrocket in value.

Salton sea is just a trip. To see video and pics of it in the 50’s and 60’s and then of it now is just surreal. Such a sad deal the state let it waste away to cesspool

Theres some really good YouTube documentaries on Salton sea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm fascinated by abandoned stuff, that's why I searched the old towns at the bottom of Folsom Lake when it was dry. I have many books and videos of the Salton Sea, it's definitely on my bucket list to see.

Her454

Reaction score
I am fascinated by this stuff to Tank. Sounds weird but I have always wanted to go to Chernobyl
Me too., fascinating. There is a whole subculture that explores the Dead Zone and post's video's on their webpage. I think they call themselves the stalkers.. or something like that. Its creepy but very cool.

Going to have to check this out, sounds very cool. Check out the page "Abandoned Spaces" on FB, some great stuff. There's also some really cool stuff on warhistoryonline.com under Abandoned Military Bases from all around the world. This kind of stuff fascinates me, and anything to do with abandoned/sunken ships/airplanes or anything found under the sea.

Her454

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. I'm fascinated by abandoned stuff, that's why I searched the old towns at the bottom of Folsom Lake when it was dry. I have many books and videos of the Salton Sea, it's definitely on my bucket list to see.

There are so many old towns beneath the waters in Nor Cal. Very cool history in just about all the lakes if you research it. I wanted to go check Folsom out when it was low and showing but didn't get a chance. Very cool.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dont make a special trip to salton sea in about 15 minutes youve seen it all...now slab city, thats a freak show!

Baja 252

Reaction score
In the 80's we would haul the 4-wheelers and dirt bikes to Picher to ride in the chat. Huge piles of loose chat that ran for miles and miles and no one ever bothered you. We knew it was an old mining site, but it was before all the EPA stuff.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
you tube Adam the Woo. He has a lot of cool exploring videos of abandoned places.

Andy01

Reaction score
Tank I'm with you on this one, I to have been intrigued by Chernobyl. I watched a discovery channel (I think) special on it. It was amazing to me. There is also a town or area in Pennsylvania that has the streets lifted from the heat underneath, there some gas fire or something. Don't remember but it will burn for years.

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Tank I'm with you on this one, I to have been intrigued by Chernobyl. I watched a discovery channel (I think) special on it. It was amazing to me. There is also a town or area in Pennsylvania that has the streets lifted from the heat underneath, there some gas fire or something. Don't remember but it will burn for years.
EDIT found a video

rrrr

Reaction score
Times Beach, MO is another town that has been abandoned due to pollution. A local refining facility produced waste that was highly contaminated with dioxin, and it was introduced into the local environment.

Around 1972 a local contractor sprayed thousands of gallons of dioxin (a carcinogen) contaminated oil on the roads to keep dust down. When he sprayed a couple of horse arenas and almost 100 horses died as a result, an investigation was launched.

Eventually the EPA declared the area an environmental hazard and paid people to relocate.

Tank

Reaction score
In the 80's we would haul the 4-wheelers and dirt bikes to Picher to ride in the chat. Huge piles of loose chat that ran for miles and miles and no one ever bothered you. We knew it was an old mining site, but it was before all the EPA stuff.

Damn, that doesn't sound healthy at all. LOL.

Tank

Reaction score

EDIT found a video

I've read up on this place. the fire is still burning and there is no expectation it'll ever stop burning underground!! Shit's crazy. The city is all gone I'm pretty sure though. They tore everything out and nature has quickly covered it up since it's a dense wooded area.

Times Beach, MO is another town that has been abandoned due to pollution. A local refining facility produced waste that was highly contaminated with dioxin, and it was introduced into the local environment.

Around 1972 a local contractor sprayed thousands of gallons of dioxin (a carcinogen) contaminated oil on the roads to keep dust down. When he sprayed a couple of horse arenas and almost 100 horses died as a result, an investigation was launched.

Eventually the EPA declared the area an environmental hazard and paid people to relocate.

I've read up on this place too. Kind'a scary the shit that can go down. You think everything is cool and next thing you know you wake up dead from some ecological disaster.

Speaking of Chernobyl there was a chick that would ride her motorcycle into Chernobyl and photodocument the area. I guess there was some drama about her website and posts as she wasn't alone like she said or some shit but the pics and descriptions are still very cool

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
Another one here that finds this subject interesting as hell. Ghost towns, abandoned places, etc. This website is dedicated to what they call urban exploration. http://www.uer.ca/forum_showcats.asp?fid=1 They've got several subforums dealing with various aspects of the hobby, photography, etc. but they also have a map where it is broken down by region. So you can look at stuff people are posting from locations all over the place. On a slow day I can spend hours there looking around, lol. What is also pretty cool is seeing pictures of places I know or have personal knowledge of, what they look like inside after being locked up & forgotten.

HighRoller

Mr. All or Nothing
Reaction score
I once had to deliver some tanks to the Hanford Nuclear facility in Southern Washington. It is no longer active - just storage and such. But walking around, seeing the bunkers with the fabled "nuke" symbol on the doors. I stood in front of one of the doors for probably five full minutes, mesmerized and wondering what the inside of the bunker actually looked like. Then I got the heebie-jeebies and hauled ass outta there!

Tank

Reaction score
Another one here that finds this subject interesting as hell. Ghost towns, abandoned places, etc. This website is dedicated to what they call urban exploration. http://www.uer.ca/forum_showcats.asp?fid=1 They've got several subforums dealing with various aspects of the hobby, photography, etc. but they also have a map where it is broken down by region. So you can look at stuff people are posting from locations all over the place. On a slow day I can spend hours there looking around, lol. What is also pretty cool is seeing pictures of places I know or have personal knowledge of, what they look like inside after being locked up & forgotten.
I just got lost in that website for like 15 minutes. Great site, thanks for posting.

Stumbled across pics of my father-in-laws old water park out off the 14 near Barstow. Kinda sad.

3625538575_fa699140c2.jpg
dd2a81a5667ce6da113ccb136dd459f2.jpg
edbdd606f58b1a9b1e41c116bcb34e7f.jpg
f0868a4e6fc5e4b54d53acf082ac68db.jpg

Last edited:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Cool thread, Tank.
In Dec of 15 my daughter and I went to MO for a funeral. Some of the members might remember a thread I posted about it in the P&G
When we started towards home I figured we're already what? 16-17 hundred miles from home?

What's an extra couple hundred miles at this point? So we headed slightly north through Commerce, Miami, and up to Picher.

It's not often I would have a chance to show her where her roots came from.
My mom was born there.
Her mom was born in a neighboring town.
Her dad was born and raised in Picher.

He was a lead and zinc miner during the WW2 era and boy did he have some stories!
I think they left there in the mid 1950s
When we rolled through the water tower was still standing, and while we didn't see any people the only signs of inhabitation was at the fire dept. and post office.

A few pics
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Devilman

lol, yeah, sure, ok......
Reaction score
I just got lost in that website for like 15 minutes. Great site, thanks for posting.

Stumbled across pics of my father-in-laws old water park out off the 14 near Barstow. Kinda sad.

Yes sir, its easy to do. :p Thats crazy about the water park, been seeing pictures of that place for awhile now. Every now & then someone will come along & have the backstory on a place, which makes it that much more intriguing. Its also interesting to see the differences in whats around found in different parts of the country. From downtown LA to out in the desert, closed down hospitals, the Six Flag amusement park that got flooded in New Orleans & never opened back up, etc... There was an old funeral home on the east coast somewhere that had been shut down for years. Some people went in & found some bodies that had been left behind. :eek: Also, Rivrlvr mentioned a few posts up, go on Youtube & look up Adam the Woo. He travels around to a lot of these abandoned locations & shoots video. Pretty cool stuff indeed.

jesco

Reaction score
There was a show called "Abandoned" that was on VICE that was pretty cool. Hosted by a Pro skater that use to go to all these abandoned places and end up finding spots and skating them. Malls, Slab City, old Detroit car manufacture buildings, schools. VICE for the most part has shit programming, but this show was pretty cool.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Centralia has always intrigued me. Every time I watch “nothing but trouble” it makes me want to go visit valkenvania, I mean Centralia. ;-)

We do a lot of ghost town exploring, but more old late 1800’s mining towns/mill’s/etc. fascinates the hell outta me. I have books galore on all the mining towns in the west.

We spend ~10 days every summer camped in “eureka co”, which used to be a mining town in southern co. There’s only one structure still standing in the town and it’s overgrown in grass. You have to plan out group camping because there are holes left behind everywhere that used to be basements. It’s an interesting place to stay, with lots of ghost towns, mines, mills, etc to visit by jeep/utv.

I’ll watch videos and look at slide shows of Chernobyl all day!

I’ll have to find forgotten planet!

Tank

Reaction score
Yes sir, its easy to do. :p Thats crazy about the water park, been seeing pictures of that place for awhile now. Every now & then someone will come along & have the backstory on a place, which makes it that much more intriguing.

Yea, he owned it for like 15 years, bought it from Delores Buyers who owned it from the beginning of Lake Delores. He had investors and built it to what it was prior to it closing but there was all kinds of bad behind the scenes shit with the investors trying to fuck him over plus one of the employees decided to take a run down one of the slide with limited water and ended up hitting the end ramp and broke his back. Dip shit sued, didn't help things. It was my wife's dads dream and basically killed him. He was a big developer in the Rancho area before that. Depressing to see pics of it like that after all the hard work, money and time he spent. He used to open it up to us (family) for private days all the time. That was a lot of fun.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Funny, your FIL's Waterpark is the top post in the UER Southwest forums, some great shots of it Tank!

Makes me sad however that his dream got ruined, what a cool thing to have been a part of when you were a kid.

Tank

Reaction score
Funny, your FIL's Waterpark is the top post in the UER Southwest forums, some great shots of it Tank!

Makes me sad however that his dream got ruined, what a cool thing to have been a part of when you were a kid.

Thanks man. Yea, My wife and her sister were heavily involved in the project for many years. It was definitely cool to head out there with friends and family and have the place all to our selves. Good times.

sgtskidmark

Reaction score
I've actually been to Centralia, PA. about 25 years ago, it was sure a trip, driving down the street you would see fissures with smoke rising out of the ground, the air was harsh, if memory serves, a few people still lived in the area.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I've been studying google earth for old mines in the Death Valley area and Eastern California. Want to make a ride to them on the motorcycle. Stopped by Midland a couple weeks ago. Amazed what humans were capable of acomplishing over 100 years ago.
20180211_133501.jpg 20180211_124115.jpg 20180211_125857.jpg

Last edited:

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
Check out the Asylum in Downey CA. It was called Hollydale hospital, has a very long morbid history. Been through there once, wont go back. Lots of stories online regarding this place. Marines training here in late 90’s found severed heads in a freezer...

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Yea, he owned it for like 15 years, bought it from Delores Buyers who owned it from the beginning of Lake Delores. He had investors and built it to what it was prior to it closing but there was all kinds of bad behind the scenes shit with the investors trying to fuck him over plus one of the employees decided to take a run down one of the slide with limited water and ended up hitting the end ramp and broke his back. Dip shit sued, didn't help things. It was my wife's dads dream and basically killed him. He was a big developer in the Rancho area before that. Depressing to see pics of it like that after all the hard work, money and time he spent. He used to open it up to us (family) for private days all the time. That was a lot of fun.
I met that guy (so i was told) at a stereo shop when I bought my truck (2005). He was real fucked up lookin & had a new bad ass beemer. It was strange. When he left the stereo guy said he got all his $$ from suing the water park. No idea if tru but thats what i was told

Taboma

Reaction score
Check out the Asylum in Downey CA. It was called Hollydale hospital, has a very long morbid history. Been through there once, wont go back. Lots of stories online regarding this place. Marines training here in late 90’s found severed heads in a freezer...

Wow, that stirred a memory rush I'd buried well over 50 years ago. Half sister I never met institutionalized there. Wasn't a subject that was discussed around the dinner table for sure :eek: I think I'll pass on video :(

Tank

Reaction score
I met that guy (so i was told) at a stereo shop when I bought my truck (2005). He was real fucked up lookin & had a new bad ass beemer. It was strange. When he left the stereo guy said he got all his $$ from suing the water park. No idea if tru but thats what i was told

Typical California lawsuit. You do something completely, epically asinine and when you get hurt sue blame someone else and sue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rrrr

Reaction score
We do a lot of ghost town exploring, but more old late 1800’s mining towns/mill’s/etc. fascinates the hell outta me. I have books galore on all the mining towns in the west.

We spend ~10 days every summer camped in “eureka co”, which used to be a mining town in southern co. There’s only one structure still standing in the town and it’s overgrown in grass. You have to plan out group camping because there are holes left behind everywhere that used to be basements. It’s an interesting place to stay, with lots of ghost towns, mines, mills, etc to visit by jeep/utv.

I’ll watch videos and look at slide shows of Chernobyl all day!

I’ll have to find forgotten planet!

In the 70s my family would rent an old house in Ophir for a couple of weeks every summer. It's two valleys west of Eureka and one valley south of Telluride. Less than 25 people lived in Ophir.

Back then, Telluride was a sleepy little town at the end of a box canyon. About 700 people lived there.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
In the 70s my family would rent an old house in Ophir for a couple of weeks every summer. It's two valleys west of Eureka and one valley south of Telluride. Less than 25 people lived in Ophir.

Back then, Telluride was a sleepy little town at the end of a box canyon. About 700 people lived there.

That’s cool! I’m very familiar with Ophir. Been thru there lots of times. In the past 15 yrs or so it’s grown, I would guess there’s 40 or so, pretty nice occupied houses there. Always a few kids out in the road selling cookies and stuff to the people in rental keeps or tour guide trucks.

I bet you guys passed my grandpa up there back in the 70’s. He used to go up there a ton, and was even a trail guide for jeep clubs later on. We used to stay in/around silverton, but the whole area has gotten insanely popular and we’ve had to migrate to eureka to avoid people.

2 years ago silverton started allowing utv’s on the streets, and the town has blown up with tourism. Lake city also allows it now. The trails are now 10:1 utv/jeep ratio, it’s crazy!

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
Damn you Tanker! I just wasted 3 hours of my Saturday doing internet searches on the places you mentioned. Very fascinating stuff. Wikipedia seems to have the most in-depth true info on a lot of these places and No BS embellishment like a bunch of sites lead you on to. Some of those pics like the mall are very eerie. Good thread, this one is definitely going to grow.

Tank

Reaction score
Damn you Tanker! I just wasted 3 hours of my Saturday doing internet searches on the places you mentioned. Very fascinating stuff. Wikipedia seems to have the most in-depth true info on a lot of these places and No BS embellishment like a bunch of sites lead you on to. Some of those pics like the mall are very eerie. Good thread, this one is definitely going to grow.

Yea, this shit sucks me in quick. When I see an article on the web about some cool abandoned place or especially a list of abandoned mansions, hotels, cities, amusement parks, castles, etc I'll always google each place and then have to read Wikipedia history of the place and then google more images...That's usually how I get all those pics for the Kodak thread. There's just ENDLESS super interesting stories of how places began and ended and the aftermath. Speaking of which:

3.jpg
05-abandoned-1040hn-021810.jpg
6.jpg
8ac838f4509687a5a86f7031124ed454--abandoned-homes-abandoned-buildings.jpg
11.jpg
123.jpg
450f5f8c2ffc4888917eeec23e5b37c6.jpg
120928-abandoned-america-02_photoblog600.jpg
360609,xcitefun-abandoned-places-13.jpg
6968176738_2e836a77da_z.jpg
160824162526-9-hachijo-super-169.jpg
1300037852803210569.jpg
aband-3.jpg
Abandoned Children's Hopital Weissensee Zombie Berlin-1380.jpg
Abandoned_hotel_and_restaurant_on_U_S__Highway_83_IMG_1749.jpg
abandoned1.jpg
abandoned-decaying-buildings-europe-photography-christian-richter-23.jpg
abandoned-hospital.jpg
Abandoned-Hotel-19.jpg
abandoned-hotel-croatia.jpg
abandoned-hotel-robert-wirth.jpg
abandonedhs4.jpg
abandoned-places1.jpg
abandoned-places-19.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
002.jpg
86477-chernobyl-then-and-now.jpg
29906170001_4847508977001_ticktock.jpg
bp7.jpg
c44bb143eeb3e986daea3ffb8eda375d.jpg
CHERNO_110316_15638-950px.jpg
chernobyl disaster power plant.jpg
Chernobyl.jpg
chernobyl_explosion.jpg
chernobyl_wallpaper_2_by_lordyo.jpg
chernobyl-before-after.jpg
Chernobyl-disaster-pictures-5.jpg
Chernobyl-Part1_02.jpg
chernobyl-pictures-before-after-8.jpg
chernobyl-pictures-before-after-12.jpg
GettyImages-522208228.jpg
o-CHERNOBYL-facebook.jpg
Prypiat4.jpg
tumblr_n32mqfibhf1r7z3w7o1_1280.jpg
untitled.png
And since everyone loves Chernobyl and Pripiyat

Tank

Reaction score
Interesting thing about Chernobyl is it's still extremely unstable and needs to be completely re-fit that they're working on but they say the area will not be inhabitable for the next 3,000 years. And the uranium that is still under the led cover still has the potential to fail again and spread radioactive debris all over Europe.

One of several really reat articles I've read on Chernobyl -

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/nation-world/world/article73405857.html