riverroyal

Reaction score
Small spot wasnt so small once the dig started
Had to 'fill' in the gap!
20190923_135301_001.jpg

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I have a friend that lost damn near his whole ear after a lab screwed the pooch on the biopsy.. Another doctor, and another lab, caught it, but their error cost him "early"...and could have killed him...
Ray

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Nice baller fridge Steve.:cool:
Was this an initial biopsy or an actual MOHS procedure?

Reactions: DWC

riverroyal

Reaction score
MOHS. And much deeper than expected. took a wedge out of my ear then filled it back it with another piece of the same ear. Good times for sure.
2nd MOHS in 1 year. Last one was my nose

fmo24

Reaction score
My mom had a kidney transplant which made her skin cancers kind of accelerate. She always prayed for none on her ears or nose. Swear they took half her scalp but never nose or ears.

4Waters

Reaction score
Little bondo will fix that up:D. Glad you caught it early, that's the small price to pay.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That has always been my biggest concern. I don’t generally burn but my freakin ears do!

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I had a friend that lost his upper lip. About 10 or so surgeries latter he has a lip again.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
MOHS. And much deeper than expected. took a wedge out of my ear then filled it back it with another piece of the same ear. Good times for sure.
Janet had a MOHS last year. Chunk they took from her hand looked like a piece of pork belly bacon. In situ stage melanoma was hers.
What stage did they say this spot on you was at?

cofooter

Reaction score
Saw a guy who lost his nose, had a prosthetic nose, no thanks, yikes.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That has always been my biggest concern. I don’t generally burn but my freakin ears do!
Straw hat brother. I might be able to get you an rdp one at discount,.....:cool:
Even when I did wear ball caps I was the oddball who tucked his ears under it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
It is differently a area that did not get enough sun screen. I was the odd guy when full brim hard hats became more available. I also started wearing a full face moto helmet on the jet skies for sun protection. But, obviously not enough.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
It is differently a area that did not get enough sun screen. I was the odd guy when full brim hard hats became more available. I also started wearing a full face moto helmet on the jet skies for sun protection. But, obviously not enough.
Based on the pics of where the damage was, you shoulda been more careful blowing guys down at Ocean Beach. Just sayin

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
You're already missing parts. Glad you caught it early.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
I've had 20+ carcinoma cut out on me over the last 20 years, 3 in the last 4 months and more scheduled. I'm very fair complexioned and took a beating due to the mid/late 60's Daytona Beach trips.
Actually had one of my recent removals (calf of left leg) get infected due to the doc not prescribing antibiotics when he removed the sutures prematurely. I didnt think they were ready to come out but he pulled them anyway after 10 days. The procedure was about 5 weeks ago, first pic was two weeks ago, second pic is today. Incision is about 40mm long.
20190907_125054.jpg
15692935584439111698858135322529.jpg

WEAR YORE SUNSCREEN AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND MAKE SURE YORE KIDS ARE COVERD AS WELL.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
I've had 20+ carcinoma cut out on me over the last 20 years, 3 in the last 4 months and more scheduled. I'm very fair complexioned and took a beating due to the mid/late 60's Daytona Beach trips.
Actually had one of my recent removals (calf of left leg) get infected due to the doc not prescribing antibiotics when he removed the sutures prematurely. I didnt think they were ready to come out but he pulled them anyway after 10 days. The procedure was about 5 weeks ago, first pic was two weeks ago, second pic is today. Incision is about 40mm long. View attachment 801054 View attachment 801056

WEAR YORE SUNSCREEN AND PROTECTIVE CLOTHING AND MAKE SURE YORE KIDS ARE COVERD AS WELL.
YIKES!!! Glad it's healing. Was diagnosed with melanoma in situ (stage 0) on Friday. Meeting with a surgeon tomorrow to schedule surgery. He specializes in melanoma excision and reconstruction and is skilled in making sure it's going to heal properly. A skin graft is likely. My derm just stepped up the skin checks from every 4 months to every 3. I'm happy to comply. If I had waited for my yearly skin cancer check, it probably would not be so easily curable. My dad died from melanoma. This is scary.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
My sister DIED from skin cancer. She was a school teacher. Off all summer working on her tan on a friends boat.
Kind of slow death you wouldnt wish on your worst enemy. She was 35.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
My sister DIED from skin cancer. She was a school teacher. Off all summer working on her tan on a friends boat.
How sad...sorry for your loss.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
Small spot wasnt so small once the dig started
Had to 'fill' in the gap! View attachment 800936
There's not much they can take on mine...geez, it's so close to bone. There's not much meat on my ankles...no cankles...a blessing, now a curse, lol
Sorry you're dealing with this stuff. I hope it heals well for you. A graft from the same ear?! Wow, I didn't know they'd do that.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
So young, so much life to live. I'm sorry for your loss.

riverroyal

Reaction score
One thing that’s important is simple... get checked! My ear is pounding today but that’s a small price to pay. The damage guys our ages is from years ago. Boats, beaches, construction, nobody is immune.

calkid

Reaction score
6 year survivor of melanoma on my back. It was .97 in depth so I feel very lucky, could have been much worse. I was being checked every three months for 3 years then every 6 months, just got moved to every 12 months. The whole process is unnerving but being called at home to "come meet with the Doctor" then hearing malignant melanoma will stop you in your tracks. By the day of my surgery I had time to digest everything and looked forward to it. All of you young people that never wear shirts, hats, sunscreen, etc need to think ahead. I never thought it would happen to me either. One last note for those that are naturally dark, Bob Marley died from malignant melanoma.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
6 year survivor of melanoma on my back. It was .97 in depth so I feel very lucky, could have been much worse. I was being checked every three months for 3 years then every 6 months, just got moved to every 12 months. The whole process is unnerving but being called at home to "come meet with the Doctor" then hearing malignant melanoma will stop you in your tracks. By the day of my surgery I had time to digest everything and looked forward to it. All of you young people that never wear shirts, hats, sunscreen, etc need to think ahead. I never thought it would happen to me either. One last note for those that are naturally dark, Bob Marley died from malignant melanoma.
Glad to hear you're a survivor and you got a cure. So glad it wasn't a late stage prognosis. Those usually mean you have a year or less. Great advice. I started wearing sunscreen on my face every day when I was in my 20s...no matter what I planned to do that day. I'm in my late 50s but still have pretty nice looking skin. It's the cumulative damage from childhood/teen years that caused the most damage. Paying the price now. Love being at the lake, boating, etc. Have to be extra vigilant about sun protection, sunscreen, etc.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
Met with surgeon today. Might avoid skin graft, but it's going to be a gnarly excision and leave a gnarly scar. Two weeks of keeping foot elevated to help it heal. Looking like surgery will be a week from Thursday. Want to get it done asap and see it get smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror.

TupeloHoney

Reaction score
Wear sunscreen, a big hat, long sleeves, etc...it's better than going through this...or worse.
surgery ankle.jpg
GetAttachmentThumbnail