WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Video about anti wakeboat legislation.

Flat freak

Reaction score
I’ve had a dock at Nacimiento for 30 years. Never had my floats torn out from underneath the dock until the Wakesurf ships showed up. We can blame the Boat, but what can be done about clueless / don’t give a shit, people sending two foot waves crashing over other people’s property? I’m all for having fun, but I admit I’ve thought about sending a little damage their way after watching my boat get beat to shit against my dock after they pass by.

MOUZER

Reaction score
BOUT TIME>>>>> shut them down......im sending that organization a $100 today they said r lake had sandy beaches now it has red clay lil cliffs of erosion and trees falling into the water everywhere :mad: :mad: :mad:

stonehenge

Reaction score
I'm no fan of these tractors, but it is a slippery slope when you regulate anything. I have been jet-skiing since the 70's, and still do, however I have watched many lakes and waterways over-regulate to out right ban lake lice in one fashion or another. I also am an avid boater, and enjoy occasionally fishing (aka soaking bait) but once you start regulating one thing, well its hard to get the genie back in the bottle.

Having said all that, if I had a house on the water, I'm sure my BP would be much higher with these wave tractors f-n up my dock, beach, ramp and tied off toys.

Nice touch about "keeping the music down" and "image" not that these would have any bearing on the ballers in havasu, nor would they ever turn there music down, but quit frankly, havasu doesn't have all the homes along its shoreline like many on these states with thousand's of lake do. But I have no dog in the havasu tractor fight, I'm further north, and remember, lake mohave is closed so don't bother coming up.

stonehenge

Reaction score
BOUGHT TIME>>>>> shut them down......im sending that organization a $100 today they said r lake had sandy beaches now it has red clay lil cliffs of erosion and trees falling into the water everywhere :mad: :mad: :mad:
1719339490470.png

Wow, that looks like a totally amazing place to call home!

EarpRider

Reaction score
I hate it too but the old saying "careful what you wish for" applies here. If something does happen with them then the next thing they'll do is crack down on hot rod boats on the river, the races, etc..
That's what everyone says, but you NEVER read on any forums, Facebook, Instagram etc... people complaining about noise or speed in Parker or Havasu.
What you do read, daily, are people complaining about Wake Surf wakes. And not just here. There's a reason 6 states currently have restrictions.
Parker is way to narrow for those wakes.

Brian

Reaction score
That's what everyone says, but you NEVER read on any forums, Facebook, Instagram etc... people complaining about noise or speed in Parker or Havasu.
What you do read, daily, are people complaining about Wake Surf wakes. And not just here. There's a reason 6 states currently have restrictions.
I'm with you 100%. But if you upset the wake boat owners, do you think they are just going to accept the new legislation or laws with out saying anything? No way.
They will be like, well what about the loud boats at 5:30am and this and that...

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
True but the Kayakers already complain about power boats. Like said it's a slippery slope here, you ban or handicap one style it opens up the doors for other styles of boating.

It still blows my mind when up river seeing wake board boats mid day with tons of traffic on the narrow river going up and down with tons of other boats going around them non stop. I would have a anxiety attack driving one of those while pulling someone. The hardcore ones get up at the butt crack of dawn and go when the water is glass and when no one is on the water and I respect that.

2Driver

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be careful because it is a slippery slope. Whos hobby is more important- no ones. I like Parker because of the LACK of regulations. Laws are on the books for this, but they aren't being enforced.

That said, you have to take a hard look at something when it is off the spectrum and is the direct cause of boats sinking, personal injury, property damage and significant shore erosion.

EarpRider

Reaction score
True but the Kayakers already complain about power boats. Like said it's a slippery slope here, you ban or handicap one style it opens up the doors for other styles of boating.

It still blows my mind when up river seeing wake board boats mid day with tons of traffic on the narrow river going up and down with tons of other boats going around them non stop. I would have a anxiety attack driving one of those while pulling someone. The hardcore ones get up at the butt crack of dawn and go when the water is glass and when no one is on the water and I respect that.
Kayakers really?
I Kayak and SUP in the morning on The Strip during the week and and I'm part of a few Parker Kayak Facebook groups, unless someone does something really stupid the only thing I hear them complain about is Wakesurf boats.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I'm with you 100%. But if you upset the wake boat owners, do you think they are just going to accept the new legislation or laws with out saying anything? No way.
They will be like, well what about the loud boats at 5:30am and this and that...
They've had to accept it in;
Indiana
Oregon
Virginia
Georgia
South Carolina
Tennessee
Wisconsin
And many cities in various other states.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Kayakers really?
I Kayak and SUP in the morning on The Strip during the week and and I'm part of a few Parker Kayak Facebook groups, unless someone does something really stupid the only thing I hear them complain about is Wakesurf boats.
Yea actually some years back a group was making a stink about power boats taking photos saying they boat to close. They were an older crowd probably snow birds to be honest. Don't know if you remember Srice he was fish and game I believe, again if I recall correctly he and that group were pushing for speed limits on the lake and river.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
A lot of my clientel avoid Naci because of this , My Doctor friends mini cruiser was sunk by a WB boat wave over the stern last year while they were chilling just outside a cove

EarpRider

Reaction score
check out Dana in that awsome k boat giving thumbs down to wakeboard boat making rollers on parker strip at 1;min 30 sec in
And had they been wakesurfing, that wake would have been wayyyyyyy worse!

Kenboat

Reaction score
Boat on the Chain of Lakes in norther lower michigan. The last few years the wake boats are running close to shore and tons of damage to boats tied off to docks and they run the rivers between lakes in no wake zones going way fast with a wake! The current surge in new owners and the fuck you I can do what I want is really turning off the public to boaters rights.

Dana757

Reaction score
Oh yes they do complain about noise and speed. I’ve had people go absolutely ape shit about it before. In person and online. A snow bird ran up so mad once. Said that god damn thing rattled his dentures off the night stand then chucked a bottle of water at me. All of us started laughing and of course that en-raged him even more. Felt bad about the laughing part after the fact …. kinda.