WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Un Fn believable...LA county beaches.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012...ted for film and TV production services only.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Just when I thought LA county couldnt get any worse! Thats why I stay on the lakes!:D

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
Why does this not surprise me? Only problem is its hard to argue against it when a pack of drunk college douche bags end up slamming someone in the face with a football. Seen it happen many times while I am bored out waiting for some decent waves......

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I can see it now, 6 yr old digging a hole, cop comes up, pulls out a yard stick. yep 19 1/2 inches. sorry kid, wheres's your mom i have a ticket to give her.:D

DtB

Reaction score
I can see it liquored up kids tossing around a football- over throw- hits an old lady sitting on the beach. Lawsuit Not saying it's right but it's a cover your ass society we live in today

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
I can see it liquored up kids tossing around a football- over throw- hits an old lady sitting on the beach. Lawsuit Not saying it's right but it's a cover your ass society we live in today

Yep, or it hits someone's girlfriend or wife in the face, and thats when the fight starts.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
So they're going to legislate the TYPE of ball you can throw on the beach?
That's discrimination.

I'm gonna throw a black football around, then pull the race card when they write me a ticket.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Growing up on the east coast, when I was in high school, kid I knew tossed a frisbee like a retard practically straight up in the air, came back down like a boomerang, hit her in the throat, dead.

linus3

Reaction score
The digging I can kind of see. There were a few deaths last year when the sides caved in. Took FF over an hour to recover one of the kids.

The football, now that is so gay.

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
So they're going to legislate the TYPE of ball you can throw on the beach?
That's discrimination.

I'm gonna throw a black football around, then pull the race card when they write me a ticket.

This will work best if ur tossin that ball around with ur token black friend

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
LMAO....doesn't suprise me at all. Too bad there are so many Californiafucknuts involved in govt down there. Cali used to be so awesome!

Vmjtc3

Banned
Reaction score
LMAO....doesn't suprise me at all. Too bad there are so many Californiafucknuts involved in govt down there. Cali used to be so awesome!

California would be one of the greatest places on earth to live if it wasn't for all the Californians :skull

pronstar

Reaction score
But if I wanted to marry a football...that's OK, right? :skull

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That's it, I'm moving to the IE. :D

Sent from my iPhone paid for with Union money. :D

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Bullshit Bullshit Bullshit......Going to have take our parking $$ and tax dollars to Ventura beaches....

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I don't agree with the rampant over legislation that "Law Makers" feel the need to add to the books every year......but........if the people tossing frisbees, and footballs had RESPECT for others there wouldn't be the need for a law about it.

I have seen many dipshits whipping a frisbee or a ball on a crowded beach.....no talent, no control, no common sense. Little kids and old ladies get hurt...why not move somewhere less crowded?

Now we all suffer because of the dumbasses. :grumble: And by dumbasses I am including the legislators too! LOL

Last edited:

Moody

Reaction score
Iv'e had dumb asses walk down and stop inbetween my wife and I tossing the freezbee and stare at the water.

So my wife bean him in the hip.

She said sorry, but he became an ass until I tapped him on the shoulder. I looked down at him and told him to piss off.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Being a 'Senior', we used to go the park, the beach and everywhere else with the family. On every trip:
footballs, horseshoes, beer, other alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, kids and other "now" illegal gear. This was the 50's and 60's, and everyone had something that has completely vanished from our society...

It's called personal responsibility and respect for your parents, elders, teachers, yourself and everyone else you come into contact with. Until our society decides that this needs to be taught or beat into each future generation, the laws will continue to be enacted and your rights will be taken away.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I remember when you could drink a beer on the beach , can you still do that ? how about a fire in 1 of those rings on the beach ?

WTRR

Not On The Boat
Reaction score
But the weather is great. :D :D

shadow

Reaction score
These news laws make me sick when i see them and look back the way things were when i grew up.My elementary school was across the street from the beach and the teachers would take the class down to the beach for "class" that would last about 1/2 hr then we were running around in the water and checking out the topless girls sunbathing.As soon as school was out we were back at the beach.(we used to bring our surfboards to school)
As kids and teenagers we spent most days at the beach surfing,skating drinking,hanging out which i imagine all is probablly illegal now.
I see these new laws now and think back and feel for the people there now.
Glad i was able to enjoy the 70's/80's into the early 90's and get the hell out.
Grunion runs,4th of july was a free for all, all fireworks were fair game,anywhere from 100 plus people would gather everynight at sunset and hang out.
Guess those days are long gone.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Pismo beach- Fly a kite = get a ticket.

TCHB

Reaction score
I have seen a group of guys playing football in the middle of alot of people acting like nuts. This is what happens when people start to complain and bring the safety flag up.

I am sure someone got hurt and things move up the ladder.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Sometimes accidents happen, sometimes people get hurt.

Our legal system has eliminated the term "accident" from the english language. Their contention (and source of income), is to prove to the world that someone is responsible for every action that occurs in our society. The result, is fear of prosecution and Liability from every individual, business and public entity in the Country, and of course the Lawyers financial benefit's. As a nice perk, Liability insurance cost's and needs have skyrocketed to astronomical #'s.

Welcome to the USA.. Where it's illegal to Fart in public after 6pm :D

dancudmore

Reaction score
I was just at an LA county beach on sat, but and I say BUT its not my choice of beach. I generally surf up north further!

That's it, I'm telling my mom you didn't like her beach choice :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicPaus

Reaction score
If it passes other Cali beaches will likely try and pass it. Just sayin:grumble:

TrojanDan

Reaction score
I don't agree with the rampant over legislation that "Law Makers" feel the need to add to the books every year......but........if the people tossing frisbees, and footballs had RESPECT for others there wouldn't be the need for a law about it.

I have seen many dipshits whipping a frisbee or a ball on a crowded beach.....no talent, no control, no common sense. Little kids and old ladies get hurt...why not move somewhere less crowded?

Now we all suffer because of the dumbasses. :grumble: And by dumbasses I am including the legislators too! LOL

If you read it in the paper, online, or see it on the news, then it must be true.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My wife is a Board Deputy for one of the LA County Supervisors. Yes, she has to attend the board meetings every Tuesday when some of these ordinances are voted on. Yes, she was there on Tuesday when the 5 Supervisors voted. No one from the public spoke during public comment prior to the ordinance being voted on. If you read the ordinance, it is UP TO a $1000 fine. It will be more of a $50 dollar fine and ONLY if you football tossing becomes a nuisance to other beach goers.

Mandelon's reply above hits the nail on the head and exactly why the ordinance was passed. Too many inconsiderate dickheads at the beach. :box::box:

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Pismo beach- Fly a kite = get a ticket.

I made a left hand turn in my truck at Pismo in the sand and goosed the throttle. I got a ticket for an "unsafe" left hand turn on the beach.Unfknblvbl Never been back since then.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
It will be more of a $50 dollar fine and ONLY if you football tossing becomes a nuisance to other beach goers.
That's how it starts out. Then, shortly after, it's just another law and 95% of the leos will say they have to give you a ticket no matter what because it is the law and it is their job to enforce it.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Being a 'Senior', we used to go the park, the beach and everywhere else with the family. On every trip:
footballs, horseshoes, beer, other alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, kids and other "now" illegal gear. This was the 50's and 60's, and everyone had something that has completely vanished from our society...

It's called personal responsibility and respect for your parents, elders, teachers, yourself and everyone else you come into contact with. Until our society decides that this needs to be taught or beat into each future generation, the laws will continue to be enacted and your rights will be taken away.

The whole problem in a nutshell and the government/LE are expected to fix everything. They're in a no win situation trying to control the chaos and it gets to a point the only thing left is seemingly asinine rules that would be completely unnecessary if personal reponsibility and respect for others were practiced.

The blame is being directed at the wrong people. Too many in today's "Me" society have no clue how to act in public and large groups.

Many of the idiots that screw up the beaches are the same ones we deal with on the water in wake boats and on lake lice. Sadly these jackasses are permeating society at increasing rates. Needs to be a bounty put on bad behavior giving the right to wrap the punks up in duct tape and lay them to the side of the dumpsters at ramps and parking areas.......:skull

Last edited:

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score

This I agree with! And it seems to be the lack of pers. resp. and respect that causes the professional politicians to feel they have to try to control behavior through legislation like this...

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
This I agree with! And it seems to be the lack of pers. resp. and respect that causes the professional politicians to feel they have to try to control behavior through legislation like this...

I still have to put myself in the place of those politicains and ask what other choice is there? They have to stop the ongoing issues created by folks throwing hard objects and running through the crowds with disregard for others plus find public money to pay for beefed up security costs to stop potential incidents. Public money that likely has to come from somewhre else and get another group pissed off.

And the public shows nothing but apathy until a decision is made they don't like. They could care less about cleaning things up until things are pushed past the limit and "seemingly" unthought out rules are made.

Should there be a mandatory class and a permit issued to enter the beaches?????? Fence them off and allow only so many people? Break the area down into speciifc use areas?.......Gets complicated real fast when you are in charge of making it work and keeping everyone happy don't it?:skull

HavaPaul

Reaction score
I'm guessing these are out of the question?

Lawn+Darts.jpg

pronstar

Reaction score
If we could simply mandate good manners, good behavior, common courtesy and common sense...we could eliminate 3/4ths of the bullshit laws on the books :thumbsup

shadow

Reaction score
If we could simply mandate good manners, good behavior, common courtesy and common sense...we could eliminate 3/4ths of the bullshit laws on the books :thumbsup

:thumbsup

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I still have to put myself in the place of those politicains and ask what other choice is there? They have to stop the ongoing issues created by folks throwing hard objects and running through the crowds with disregard for others plus find public money to pay for beefed up security costs to stop potential incidents. Public money that likely has to come from somewhre else and get another group pissed off.

And the public shows nothing but apathy until a decision is made they don't like. They could care less about cleaning things up until things are pushed past the limit and "seemingly" unthought out rules are made.

Should there be a mandatory class and a permit issued to enter the beaches?????? Fence them off and allow only so many people? Break the area down into speciifc use areas?.......Gets complicated real fast when you are in charge of making it work and keeping everyone happy don't it?:skull

What the politicians and those who regularly and constantly whine to them for action are missing is that they don't HAVE to take any action. By putting some responsibility back on the "people" maybe they will be more self sufficient. They do take action because it helps them politically. Can you spell E N A B L E R?

Ultracrazy

Reaction score

Amen to that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Scott E

Reaction score
Sometimes accidents happen, sometimes people get hurt.

Our legal system has eliminated the term "accident" from the english language. Their contention (and source of income), is to prove to the world that someone is responsible for every action that occurs in our society. The result, is fear of prosecution and Liability from every individual, business and public entity in the Country, and of course the Lawyers financial benefit's. As a nice perk, Liability insurance cost's and needs have skyrocketed to astronomical #'s.

Welcome to the USA.. Where it's illegal to Fart in public after 6pm :D

:thumbsup

Collectively as a society we have allowed this to happen. Forty plus years of liberal BS teaching kids they are not responsible for their actions have led to this...

brgrcru

Reaction score
Whats the next thing, these great city council members will pass. No beach chair. No umbrellas or no canopy allowed on the beach. Just another freedom being taken. If you have a problem with a kid digging a hole or someone throwing a ball or Frisbee. Jeesh! maybe we just better stay away from public places.