WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Turnkey V-Drive 22...... $12,000

jstnoc

Reaction score
Go look at it and tell us what condition it is in. That has been for sale for 2 years almost!

Cos

Reaction score
Its a little out of my neighborhood.;)

Has anyone here looked at it?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nobody I know has gone and looked at it..

Does seem like a good deal though if it looks as good in person as it does in the pics.

RD

Cos

Reaction score
No doubt it is a pretty good deal Dave unless something is really wrong with it. I had almost 10K into my DiMarco 21 which was a very basic setup. I'd have added a couple G's just to have had the resale value of the Schiada alone. In fact that rig looks an awful lot like my DiMarco, same color scheme.

Groper

Reaction score
Well I went and looked at it about a month ago, Lets just say It's all original, Everthing ,motor (427 Chev.never been gone through),Trans TH400, Casale, Interior, Wood Steering Wheel, Gages,Trailer, was set up for Fishing at one time in it's life, Had a Bait tank in it, there was some plumming, IT Has a HOLE in the side of it on the starboard side on the upper deck, next to the passengers seat, with a Bandaid Sticker covering it, It was hit by a Houseboat, :puke:need I say anymore......

BamBam

Reaction score
Well I went and looked at it about a month ago, Lets just say It's all original, Everthing ,motor (427 Chev.never been gone through),Trans TH400, Casale, Interior, Wood Steering Wheel, Gages,Trailer, was set up for Fishing at one time in it's life, Had a Bait tank in it, there was some plumming, IT Has a HOLE in the side of it on the starboard side on the upper deck, next to the passengers seat, with a Bandaid Sticker covering it, It was hit by a Houseboat, :puke:need I say anymore......
It is definately NOT original. That boat was owned by my family from 1986-87 until about 1990 or so. It was ORIGINALLY a JET. The 454 was newly rebuilt and set in by my father and I. I know it's the same boat because I laid the pinstrip tape on the trailer as well as the teak on the steps. Matter of fact we did a ton of work on that thing. It was a good boat when we sold it, but I don't know anything about it now. All I can say is we never used it as a fishing boat and it is definately not original.;)

Groper

Reaction score
It is definately NOT original. That boat was owned by my family from 1986-87 until about 1990 or so. It was ORIGINALLY a JET. The 454 was newly rebuilt and set in by my father and I. I know it's the same boat because I laid the pinstrip tape on the trailer as well as the teak on the steps. Matter of fact we did a ton of work on that thing. It was a good boat when we sold it, but I don't know anything about it now. All I can say is we never used it as a fishing boat and it is definately not original.;)
Im refering to the information, given to me by the seller, any info you might have was not expressed, It is stored in a dark wharehouse in San Bernadino, No lights, it appeared to be a "beater" it may have changed hands a few times since your family owned it, just sayin.....

Cos

Reaction score
bcoop & BamBam,

Thanks for the feedback on the Bassmaster Pro Band-Aid sponsored Schiada. Perhaps it is not quite worth $12,000 in light of this new info:D.

:hmmJust to keep the thread interesting though; having seen it now bcoop, at what price do you think it is a good deal? For example, at $7K with another $10K thrown into rehabing the thing, would it be a good value?

Groper

Reaction score
bcoop & BamBam,

Thanks for the feedback on the Bassmaster Pro Band-Aid sponsored Schiada. Perhaps it is not quite worth $12,000 in light of this new info:D.

:hmmJust to keep the thread interesting though; having seen it now bcoop, at what price do you think it is a good deal? For example, at $7K with another $10K thrown into rehabing the thing, would it be a good value?
YES !!
I have been thinking about it. due to the fact that everthing is there, and the hope that you don't have to replace the stringers, (Unfortunately I did not have a flash light, to really check out the bilge) the hull looked pretty clean, (I still can't believe that at one time it was a Jet, that BamBam had mentioned) Because it has cav plates on it that run all the way down, I was under the impression that, the bottom was notched to accomadate the plates. This boat has very short plates on it, thats what makes me think that they are original. why would anyone in the later the 90's put such small plates on it.
I would have to think that you would spend 20k-30k by the time your all said and done !!
If I had the time I to do everything, I would have offered,
$7500.oo Final Offer. and spent a year doing everthing. But now I have the money, But not the time..... So I would have to find a shop that could do some of the work, thats how I came up with a higher number. I'm in the process, of picking up a different 22' that, is in simular shape, If I do I will be sure to start another thread on the rebuild, then we will see what the real costs would be.:hmm

Cos

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like we had about the same thought going as far as current value and cost to refurbish, depending on who does the work.

BamBam

Reaction score
We did not turn it into a V-Drive in the late 90's. We bought it that way. It was changed over long long ago (late 70's early 80's). The plates were recessed but the strut was surface mounted. Just telling what I know about the boat. BTW who would believe that it had the original 427 from 1973? That engine would be 36 years old! In a boat, without a rebuild, you are kidding right?

Groper

Reaction score
We did not turn it into a V-Drive in the late 90's. We bought it that way. It was changed over long long ago (late 70's early 80's). The plates were recessed but the strut was surface mounted. Just telling what I know about the boat. BTW who would believe that it had the original 427 from 1973? That engine would be 36 years old! In a boat, without a rebuild, you are kidding right?

Again, Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing on the info :blah:

Edited; I remember my buddy that went with me (after the owner told us that it was a 427) mentioned that some Chevy car guy would want that motor for a numbers matching or at least that yr. 60's Vet. restoration. Only because my buddy sold a 427 about a year ago, and they talked about how much more it would add to the value. Even though the ad in the boat trader does say 454, and yes I did say the same thing you said, "WOW NO REBUILD Ha" just sayin

Last edited:

78cole

Reaction score
this boat is still for sale I take it is this the one RD was mentioning that could be bought cheap

BamBam

Reaction score
this boat is still for sale I take it is this the one RD was mentioning that could be bought cheap

No I don't think so. He was talking about one in the Vegas area.