WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tri Toons. Any recommendations?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Looking to buy new and higher end lines.
Thanks for any guidance.

outboardrick

Reaction score
I have a 2005 26' Playcraft that I bought new and have been very happy with it. Some of the newer toons are a lot nicer but I like the performance of the Playcraft and I'm not/wasn't looking for the most plush interior. Best advice I can give is to ride in as many as you can to see what you like :thumbup:

TLAW719

Reaction score
X2 on the playcraft. my neighbor in Havasu has one and it's all around an awesome boat.

Reactions: TPC

riverroyal

Reaction score
bought one last week, or it showed up last week. Avalon ambassador, 300 verado.
pics in a few weeks, going to stereo guys then a few other stops before I actually use it.

I think play craft has a better performance record, but I preferred the more current look on the Avalons. Message me for more info if you like.

Bought at Got Water in Havasu, been a smooth transaction. Great service, they are handling all the add-on since in not in Havasu.

gmnhra

Reaction score
Premier has the fit and finish expected in a top dollar pontoon...I have 25 footer with Volvo dpx
Their new models are outrageous..

so is the price of a new pontoon.....

IMHO the Playcraft is just not finished well..Buddy has a 30 footer with two 300 and yes, it scoots but the seating is not comfortable and just feels dated..

outboardrick

Reaction score
bought one last week, or it showed up last week. Avalon ambassador, 300 verado.
pics in a few weeks, going to stereo guys then a few other stops before I actually use it.

I think play craft has a better performance record, but I preferred the more current look on the Avalons. Message me for more info if you like.

Bought at Got Water in Havasu, been a smooth transaction. Great service, they are handling all the add-on since in not in Havasu.

That should be a REALLY nice boat :thumbup::thumbup:

Iman

Reaction score
I just purchased a Premier and am very impressed with it. Only complaint is the 20gal gas tank.

riverroyal

Reaction score
That should be a REALLY nice boat :thumbup::thumbup:

It came out better than I expected. White main sides with a bright blue front and rear section
Dual rear electric loungers
Silver teak floor
27" toons
White and silver interior
All the other stuff , pretty long standard option list

Car toys has it for a bit, boat cover is being modified to cover more. Outboard cover being made

White 300 also, looks great with the white sides

Be on the water weekend after this!

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I have a Premiere Sunsation 225 Ltd PTX (Tri-toon) that I bought new in 2011 and have been very happy with the quality, fit and finish as well as the many compliments I have received and continue to receive on the appearance so all in all it is a very serviceable and quality built boat.

I was led to believe that it would cruise at a higher speed than it does however so based on this I will make 2 very strong recommendations;

1. Buy the absolute biggest outboard that the hull is rated for (I got 150 and it's rated for 225)
  2. Make sure that you receive an on the water test to verify all the things you are being told about the boat on the water in real world conditions

I would very much recommend a Premier but on a performance boating site like this one you need to know that with Premier you are trading speed vs. some of the faster hulls such as Playcraft but the comfort and quality is the trade-off.

JRS1939

Reaction score
I know of a 2014 South Bay 28 foot with V8 for a good price probably.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
SHOP, SHOP, AND SHOP MORE...... With so many new features, you need to see what one manufacture offers over another. Then sit down when you look at the price lists. They are INSANE what the get for these things.

Our new 25' Avalon hit the dealer yesterday. Should be a great summer :thumbsup

Find out what you like, then Shop the different dealers as you would a car deal. We got ours up at Pacific Marine Center in Madera. He SMOKED the orig price we had last year. AND is bringing it down to us. Jack at PMC has gone over the top to insure a pleasant buying experience.

Jack is worth contacting before you buy.

http://www.pacificmarinecenter.com/

25 windjammer.jpg

rolltide

Reaction score
I've been looking at the 25' Manitou X-Plode. They offer it with a 300hp (Mercury or Evinrude)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Love our new last year Bennington. It's our second Bennington, first one was bought used and we were so impressed we sold it and bought a new one. Great dealer in Havasu and great factory warranty.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430273886.782075.jpg

TCHB

Reaction score
I had a 2006 Bennington 25 foot with a 225 Honda and now a Playcraft 28 with twin engines.

The Bennington has a much better warranty and customer service. These guys were great when I had a couple issues.
The ride is about the same which is pretty good.

I would put the biggest outboard on the boat or twins. Outboards do not have the same torque as inboards when carrying lots of people.

I am not into all the fancy crazy bar interiors but do like it with twin captain chairs. My wife loves having own high back captains chair that spins around.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
WANTED a Bennington Q series Stancraft! they are off the hook. The pillow top interior is second to none in any Toon. But a 100K Toon is rough.

stancraft.jpg

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score

I tell this story to a lot of friends. A few years back I bought Paradise's (on the boards) take out pontoon furniture. He had just upgraded his and mine were thrashed. The seats were in really good shape with a couple minor blems nothing major but a major upgrade for my ride. At the time the boys were 2 and 3. First trip pulling out of the Winsor bouy line, I look at the seats in the sun and think maybe I should have upgraded to new seats. Look to my right and avoid a few boaters, glance back and both my boys have some type of granola bar concoction spread across the seats. :D We had not even reached cruising speed, the channel, nothing!! :D At that moment I knew the above linked boat would personally drive me and my family mad. We have since thrashed the take out seats and last season I did splurge on a major remodel of my toon - updates in the member build section show history.

BTW - I think all the boats posted on this thread are awesome :thumbup:

SJP

ssc

Reaction score
I researched them all last year. Took many out for test drives etc. I went with the Bennington with ESP performance triton bottom and the 300HP merc verado. The warranty and quality are top notch.

Cheers, Steve

jack14r

Reaction score
Just saw the Marker One from Cobalt,it is brand new and looks great but expensive just like Cobalt.