WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Time to go looking for the food, waste disposal, trash, cans, you tossed out earlier last year

dezertrider

Reaction score
IMG_0628.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Not going to work in the mountains. Might as well put signs out that say “Please feed the bears!” Too easy. For us it’s another can to manage after the actual trash and the recycling cans.

This stuff should be post sorted by the waste companies and not put the burden on the end users/customers.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
We have the three cans in Newport Beach O.C. What I don't understand is that the trash truck is not compartmentalized. Truck driver and three trashmen go down our alley, each picks up a different colored trash can. Then they dump them in the same trash truck, mixing the contents. It is a scam at this point.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I remember getting the food scrap bin and the letter that they will (eventually) fine you for not using it properly right before we moved.

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
Yes, had neighbors that would go though trash cans looking for anything of value???? They would leave the stuff they didn't want on the street. Assholes. So like Shintoooo mentioned put dog poop right on top. Some not in a bag but placed just so. LOL
Never had a problem after that. 🤣 🤣 🤣

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Not going to work in the mountains. Might as well put signs out that say “Please feed the bears!” Too easy. For us it’s another can to manage after the actual trash and the recycling cans.

This stuff should be post sorted by the waste companies and not put the burden on the end users/customers.
Its kinda like self check out... Should be sorted out by the checker...But yet here we are.. 😁

hallett21

Reaction score
An OC property owner is paying me thousands to retrofit trash pullouts in every one of their offices to put in compost bins. Probably 40-50 different sites in total.
Lol my in laws own their office building. Pretty sure my FIL is game to burn the compost bin in front of any city official.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Correct, Lake, Forest, California
Mission Viejo has been Organized Crime supportive in this shit for over a year now. Backing the fines.

In the recycle can you have to rinse your bottles and cans, colipase your boxes. I have received a letter showing me the fine schedule for offenders and they video tape everything they throw into the truck.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Mission Viejo has been Organized Crime supportive in this shit for over a year now. Backing the fines.

In the recycle can you have to rinse your bottles and cans, colipase your boxes. I have received a letter showing me the fine schedule for offenders and they video tape everything they throw into the truck.

Truth.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, CR&R services my city. I typically use the green for yard waste and I'm not sorting out my scraps.

attitude

Reaction score
At my old house I got a letter scolding me for putting regular trash in my green can. I never do this, one of my neighbors must have lol…

At my current house the recycling is on a biweekly schedule so everyone just trades their recycle bin in for a second trash bin. Fucking genius move by WM🤣

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Our town, Apple Valley, has rolled out the same BS with a third can. All in response to a new CA law passed to divert food waste from the landfill with the explanation that it's to curb the food from decaying in the landfill and supposedly adding to "climate change". Now I have a question. Doesn't the diverted food waste have to decay and breakdown to become compost no matter where it ends up? What about all of the people who keep their scraps and compost on their own? This whole thing is a bunch of bullshit and now there is a third truck running around every week to help fight "climate change".

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Ya our city officials put out a explanation and how to deal/comply their answer was to have a trash bag on the counter to put food waste in for the week then put it in the special bin. Probably won't attract any ants at all. Dumb fucks.
I tried….. once….. throwing the food scraps in the green bin. By the 3rd day we had maggots everywhere in the bin.

Done …never again

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Ya our city officials put out a explanation and how to deal/comply their answer was to have a trash bag on the counter to put food waste in for the week then put it in the special bin. Probably won't attract any ants at all. Dumb fucks.
Not to mention the smell of that sitting on the counter…

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I remember getting the food scrap bin and the letter that they will (eventually) fine you for not using it properly right before we moved.
I thought it was very thoughtful of them to give me a dog food container. Just sayin’

Reactions: DLC

2Driver

Reaction score
Since China stopped buying most our recycled material the majority is just going into the land fill. Phx has a massive state of the art separation facility at their transfer station off I17 and most stuff now just goes in the landfill as reports have confirmed.

Cities won’t back off and face reality, it's not in their DNA to be pragmatic, efficient and productive.
LOL…We still want the Libs to feel worthy when they drive their Subaru 15 miles to drop off a box of paper and glass.

Taboma

Reaction score
weather's nice though...:p
You old enough to have lived when the skies were brown daily and almost never blue ?
I am, and I not only stay because I like the weather, I like the much bluer skies as even more.

I've puked unburnt hydrocarbons almost 70 of my 76 years, but having lived in the carnage, and cussed about the early smog pumps and other early BS emission devices, I think the results of doing something, now far outweigh the inconveniences I cursed.

The conundrum I face now is, how much is too much and are we simply at a juncture where we're being required to pick the fly shit out of the pepper -- just so we're doing more, something, anything. By doing so are we trying so hard, we're blind to the problems we're creating while thinking we're curing another ???

Anyway, if you small peckered f*ck sticks blow coal around me, I'm going take down your license plate number. Then track you and place your name high up on my "personal extermination" list for such time as the doc sez I should get my affairs in order. I figure it's the least I can do for my planet and selfishly, my own gratification. 😈 And no, I don't ride bicycles, so HA. 😁😉

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If anybody gets a fine, they should take it to court. Custody of one's trash cans has been ruled on for search and seizure grounds. That ruling alone would easily eliminate the grounds for penalties for many reasons.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
You old enough to have lived when the skies were brown daily and almost never blue ?
I am, and I not only stay because I like the weather, I like the much bluer skies as even more.

I've puked unburnt hydrocarbons almost 70 of my 76 years, but having lived in the carnage, and cussed about the early smog pumps and other early BS emission devices, I think the results of doing something, now far outweigh the inconveniences I cursed.

The conundrum I face now is, how much is too much and are we simply at a juncture where we're being required to pick the fly shit out of the pepper -- just so we're doing more, something, anything. By doing so are we trying so hard, we're blind to the problems we're creating while thinking we're curing another ???

Anyway, if you small peckered f*ck sticks blow coal around me, I'm going take down your license plate number. Then track you and place your name high up on my "personal extermination" list for such time as the doc sez I should get my affairs in order. I figure it's the least I can do for my planet and selfishly, my own gratification. 😈 And no, I don't ride bicycles, so HA. 😁😉
what do you have against riding bicycles? maybe you should start that and maybe a weed habit lmao! I think this thread is more about shitty politics and inept bureaucracies than rolling cool on poor bicyclists lol. I don't know if most of your post was directed at me but I live in FAFO country and getting my plate and following me anywhere let alone to my "neighborhood" in the land of back-hoes and cactus would be stupid at best. I have a three yard dumpster instead of a trash can. used to have two trash cans- one for recycleble and one for garbage. Yep, they went in the same f-ing truck everytime lol. so, we upgraded.

Singleton

Reaction score
Got that note as well. City got multiple complaints about the new addition of bugs in houses. City responded, place small bin in freezer to remove risk of bugs and empty bin into yard waste container weekly.

Turned to wife and said, F that. Back to what we were going before this new CA law went into effect.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I put everything in the blue recycle bin....everything can be recycled right? I just let them figure it out. They get my batteries, motocross tires, oil, old gas, everything. One day I know I'm going to have to have a conversation about this.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
what do you have against riding bicycles? maybe you should start that and maybe a weed habit lmao! I think this thread is more about shitty politics and inept bureaucracies than rolling cool on poor bicyclists lol. I don't know if most of your post was directed at me but I live in FAFO country and getting my plate and following me anywhere let alone to my "neighborhood" in the land of back-hoes and cactus would be stupid at best. I have a three yard dumpster instead of a trash can. used to have two trash cans- one for recycleble and one for garbage. Yep, they went in the same f-ing truck everytime lol. so, we upgraded.

Translation : I was a gross polluter for 70 years. You don’t get to be. I will be gone soon and you will have to deal with all of this BS. But stay off my lawn until then while I drive my twin turbo polluting truck around that guzzles gas.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I put everything in the blue recycle bin....everything can be recycled right? I just let them figure it out. They get my batteries, motocross tires, oil, old gas, everything. One day I know I'm going to have to have a conversation about this.
Disposing of all of that in your trashcan is still a crime. Sealing $950 of merchandise from Nordstrom however, it not.

530RL

Reaction score
Where I live, they charge you extra if you want a separate recycle bin. 🤷‍♂️

samsah33

Reaction score
Got the post card from my city a while back and was reading about it during dinner one night. I started ranting about this being horseshit and why are they even wasting my taxes sending out notices & plastic containers, this will save nothing, waste of time, etc... Looked up and wife and daughter were laughing and pointing at each other saying "see, I told you he will say something when he reads it...!!!"

Same as others though, if it's paper, plastic, or metal, it all goes into the recycle bin and they can sort it out... If they don't like it, then I'll just start putting recyclables into my white Costco trash bags and it can all go straight to the dump.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I use my container they gave us, to put dead batteries…. AA, AAA, etc. When it’s full I’ll drop the contents at city hall recycling bin

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Our town, Apple Valley, has rolled out the same BS with a third can. All in response to a new CA law passed to divert food waste from the landfill with the explanation that it's to curb the food from decaying in the landfill and supposedly adding to "climate change". Now I have a question. Doesn't the diverted food waste have to decay and breakdown to become compost no matter where it ends up? What about all of the people who keep their scraps and compost on their own? This whole thing is a bunch of bullshit and now there is a third truck running around every week to help fight "climate change".

When organic material decomposes in a low oxygen environment, it creates methane, which is a green house gas. You get this inside of a trash pile.

Composting doesn't produce methane, or at least not as much of it.

At least that is my understanding of the issue. We have some hippy save the earth types on the city council out here. They keep tossing the idea around but cost makes sure the idea doesn't go anywhere.

Taboma

Reaction score
I responded to your worn out wise crack about the weather, I suppose that makes it not so much directed at you, but certainly at your remark.
Oh and since I no longer have a truck that can "Roll Coal", then everybody who does is now an inconsiderate dickhead.

Let's see, anything else --- Oh bikes, nah, did that everyday to everywhere until I was 16 or so, f*ck bikes and double f*ck following them.
I'm glad if you live where you like, but otherwise not sure why I'd care.

Are we clear now ?

EmpirE231

Reaction score

Do you think maybe the skies are a little more blue due to California also driving out all manufacturing and most big businesses? I haven't dug into the details, but I'm sure that plays a part.

stonehenge

Reaction score
I stopped using the blue bin the day I saw my garbage man digging out 2 small doggie poop bags and just throwing them on the street. I don't have a dog!

If it is on the street, it is game on for the homeless, cops pinning that recent missing liberal on me, etc, etc... Some karen dropped her little doggie bag in my blue can and the brain surgeon trash man digs it out?!? wtf

So all of it goes in the black can, f-um!

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
At our property there is a narrow section on the road and the large waste management truck can't get to the back 20ish properties so they send one small truck to pick up all three cans...... Green Wastwe, Recycle, and Trash in the same truck.

Fine..... I don't care in fact I asked for a second trash can and asked them to other cans but was told I still needed to sort. I was told the "Canyon Truck" still has cameras and I could still be fined or service cancelled if I don't sort.

Taboma

Reaction score
Do you think maybe the skies are a little more blue due to California also driving out all manufacturing and most big businesses? I haven't dug into the details, but I'm sure that plays a part.
No doubt. I think it's a collective effect, not any one particular thing. Clean up the vehicle emissions, push out some types of business, force emissions controls on others, I don't think we can point at any one thing.
There's a plethora of reasons there's big businesses that have left and still plenty who remain. Areas change, just as growing oranges was the "Big Business" of Orange County when I was a kid, obviously long replaced.
Simply put, stereotypes are rarely the sole explanation or even the predominant factor, but certainly an easy target.