WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tide detergent thefts

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Wow, an epidemic in thefts. Are things really this bad where people resort to stealing laundry detergent? I wonder if they use this stuff in making some kind of drug.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/12/police-take-on-rising-wave-tide-detergent-theft/

Law enforcement officials across the US have been left baffled by a crime wave targeting an unlikely item -- Tide laundry detergent.

Theft of Tide detergent has become so rampant that some cities are setting up special task forces to stop it and retailers like CVS are taking special security precautions to lock down the liquid.

One Tide thief in West St. Paul, Minn., stole $25,000 of the product over 15 months before he was arrested last year.

"That was unique that he stole so much soap," said West St. Paul Police Chief Bud Shaver.

"The name brand is [all] Tide. Amazing, huh?"

Tide has become a form of currency on the streets. The retail price is steadily high -- roughly $10 to $20 a bottle -- and it's a staple in households across socioeconomic classes.

Tide can go for $5 to $10 a bottle on the black market, authorities say, and some thieves even resell it to stores.

"There's no serial numbers and it's impossible to track," said Detective Larry Patterson of the Somerset, Ky., Police Department, where authorities have seen a huge spike in Tide theft. "It's the item to steal."

Last edited:

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Hey that shit is expensive! I might have to start buying it on the black market!

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Thats why we dont use it. We use Arm and Hammer.

That stuff will give me rashes. I use Tide Active Sport, because sometimes I leave my gym clothes in the hamper too long... Peeeewheeeewwww!!!!:D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thats why we like it and havent had any issues with it.

Some of the cheapest soap on the market...:thumbsdown

:thumbsup

That's what I like about it. :thumbsup

Didnt know that and will have to do some research on it.

If you only new how hard it was on your cloths. High PH level, that is how the cheap stuff gets your cloths clean.

We havent had that issue.

Fades the shit out clothes fast. Ruins jeans too. That stuff is garbage.

screaming pete

Reaction score
i bought some tide at costco..thank god i had a coupon...when't out to load my stuff in the car and there was another one in a cart just sitting there....2 fer...:D

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
If you only new how hard it was on your cloths. High PH level, that is how the cheap stuff gets your cloths clean.

Look at you,, going all scientific and shit...

Don't you have some rocket motors to build?? :D

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
When we returned to the pad to unload everything
It dawned on me that I need new home furnishings

So once again we filled the van until it was full
Since that day my livin' room's been much more comfortable

Cause everybody in the hood has had it up to here
It's getting harder, and harder, and harder each and every year

Some kids went in a store with their mother
I saw her when she came out she was gettin' some Pampers

They said it was for the black man
They said it was for the mexican
But not for the white man

But if you look at the streets, it wasn't about Rodney King
It's this fucked-up situation and these fucked-up police :skull

Mardonzi

Pull!! Bnag!! Loss!!
Reaction score
I actually don't do rocket motors anymore, I do laundry detergent and dish soap now.

Hey,, score me some product then,,,

Looks like we are going to be out on the Lake a hell of a lot more this year. Doing the slip thing in Antelope

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score
Awesome. My ex-brother-in-law (Larry Lund) worked there as well.

Can't say I recall that name. My father worked there for 26 years and both my grandfathers retired from there with 35+ years under thier belt. It was a huge part of the work force in that area not too long ago. If I remember correctly there was over 8k people at one time. It is also situated on 20k acres and it has its own hunting lodge for the real big wigs that hasn't been used for years.

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score
Hey,, score me some product then,,,

Looks like we are going to be out on the Lake a hell of a lot more this year. Doing the slip thing in Antelope

I am jealous. I know the old man and myself were planning a houseboat weekend this year down there. I don't think I am going to make it as I have a baby due in July but I am sure he will still go. I'll make sure he lets you know.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I didnt realize the facility was that big. My ex-BIL worked there many years ago. He worked in the design area doing maintenance manuals or something like that. He died last year.

Can't say I recall that name. My father worked there for 26 years and both my grandfathers retired from there with 35+ years under thier belt. It was a huge part of the work force in that area not too long ago. If I remember correctly there was over 8k people at one time. It is also situated on 20k acres and it has its own hunting lodge for the real big wigs that hasn't been used for years.

Reaction score
Not me. I use the stuff with the baby seal on the front:D

Run_em_Hard

Reaction score
I didnt realize the facility was that big. My ex-BIL worked there many years ago. He worked in the design area doing maintenance manuals or something like that. He died last year.

That place is quite a sight. The have 2 24/7/365 fire stations. It is actually out in Promontory, not Brigham City. Promontory is where the rail road east/west met.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I've been to Promotory with my daughter. Pretty cool place. My daughter lived in Brigham for a few years and I went there once a month to visit.

That place is quite a sight. The have 2 24/7/365 fire stations. It is actually out in Promontory, not Brigham City. Promontory is where the rail road east/west met.