WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Those Rates

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Gotta love the Dems. I remember when these started with 2,3 and 4.

Essex Credit Rates.png

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I'm not sure this is a REP/Dem issue as much as our government giving away trillions of dollars in the last bunch of years causing mass inflation.

rates were in the 6-7's forever until the government manipulated the 08+ economy.

Personally I'm good with it as i'm collecting 4.5% interest on money vs 0 and now isn't exactly the right time to be taking out 20 year boat loans imho.

sintax

Reaction score
woah woah woah, you sure you know what website you're on?!!? Only cash buyers around here pal!

haha yea, its bad, and its gonna get a LOT worse in the next 8 mo (not really a hold your hat kinda deal, just watching some scary trends)

Tank

Reaction score
Do people really finance boats for 20 years!? 😳
just like an RV right?

I financed my first boat through a traditional 20 year bank loan. I was 21. When I bought our first cigarette I couldn’t qualify for as much as the boat cost. Luckily Phil (Lipship performance) told me he’d carry the paper on half. Very cool of him to do so. Paid him on it for the 9 years we had it and when i sold it I paid him off but even then he gave me a break in the payoff too. Guys a stud.

It is nice not to have a boat loan though. First time I’ve never not had a loan on a boat is our current boat. Won’t have a loan on the next one either. I’m guessing I’ll never have another loan on a boat. There’s some peace of mind that comes with the feeling you don’t have to use it and it can just sit when you own it outright. Always felt pressured to use the boat when I was making a monthly payment. Weird feeling.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is a REP/Dem issue as much as our government giving away trillions of dollars in the last bunch of years causing mass inflation.

rates were in the 6-7's forever until the government manipulated the 08+ economy.

Personally I'm good with it as i'm collecting 4.5% interest on money vs 0 and now isn't exactly the right time to be taking out 20 year boat loans imho.

Yes. Trump lucked out.. he would have had to deal with most of these economic problems that were caused by Covid giveaways and spending if he stayed in office.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

When is the right time?

702sandman

Reaction score

Personally I'm good with it as i'm collecting 4.5% interest on money vs 0 and now isn't exactly the right time to be taking out 20 year boat loans imho
this is exactly right 👍👍 some people just have to blame somebody….

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
When you don’t even bother pondering that question. :)
Go be poor elsewhere. Everyone here pays cash 😂

cost of capital is going to keep increasing the rest of the year. Some stuff is easing but the backside of lending is :oops: in my industry right now. Expecting a lot of consolidations and bankruptcies this year.

c_land

Reaction score
Yes. Trump lucked out.. he would have had to deal with most of these economic problems that were caused by Covid giveaways and spending if he stayed in office.
I agree. I also think Biden made it significantly worse for everyone when he got into office and had to one up trump. He and the libs passed the American Rescue plan that really got inflation going, now we all get to deal with the hangover.

At least trumps stimulus was rolled out when we were staring down the barrel of an unknown virus and 15% unemployment.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Go be poor elsewhere. Everyone here pays cash 😂

cost of capital is going to keep increasing the rest of the year. Some stuff is easing but the backside of lending is :oops: in my industry right now. Expecting a lot of consolidations and bankruptcies this year.

Today, "Recession Proof" McDonald's, told the majority of their corporate Staff to stay home in preparation for possible Massive Layoffs"🤔

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree. I also think Biden made it significantly worse for everyone when he got into office and had to one up trump. He and the libs passed the American Rescue plan that really got inflation going, now we all get to deal with the hangover.

At least trumps stimulus was rolled out when we were staring down the barrel of an unknown virus and 15% unemployment.
Agreed.

Honestly if we had taken a few extra seconds of debate and analysis during that time, we could have avoided the entire thing. But that’s another topic for another discussion.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Today, "Recession Proof" McDonald's, told the majority of their corporate Staff to stay home in preparation for possible Massive Layoffs"🤔

McDonald’s is recession proof. The bloat at corporate isn’t :).

They are restructuring and they claim they will lay off hundreds of employees at corporate. Hundreds of people.

And they employ 200,000.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
McDonald’s is recession proof. The bloat at corporate isn’t :).

They are restructuring and they claim they will lay off hundreds of employees at corporate. Hundreds of people.

And they employ 200,000.

Restructuring!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
I’m 62, those rates are “old school”.

Brings back memories of the late 70’s, early 80’s, and the trades offs I made to own a new boat. 😉
When Jimmy Carter was leaving office, I had to get a loan at the credit union to buy a used car I wanted. I paid 17% interest to them.
I remember going to the credit union because their rates were cheaper than the Banks were !

702sandman

Reaction score
I hope we meet some day asshole
I’m not Some keyboard warrior, I’m very open and don’t hide behind a screen name. your The one that came at me because I said I was busy with With work 🤷🏼‍♂️ if you spent more time looking for work than On the internet your panties wouldn’t be in a wad about Me being busy with work. Be careful of what you hope for …..

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I’m not Some keyboard warrior, I’m very open and don’t hide behind a screen name. your The one that came at me because I said I was busy with With work 🤷🏼‍♂️ if you spent more time looking for work than On the internet your panties wouldn’t be in a wad about Me being busy with work. Be careful of what you hope for …..
I don’t need work, I’ve got plenty, but unlike you limousine liberals, I understand that just because I’m doing well, despite the commies, doesn’t mean that lots of other people aren’t suffering thanks to your boy and his policies.

702sandman

Reaction score
I don’t need work, I’ve got plenty, but unlike you limousine liberals, I understand that just because I’m doing well, despite the commies, doesn’t mean that lots of other people aren’t suffering thanks to your boy and his policies.
We all suffer the same way, I’m paying an extra $10k in fuel a month right now and it sucks trust me. The difference between me and you is I’m not on the internet crying because someone said they were Booked with work. If I wasn’t busy I still wouldn’t be on the internet complaining I would be pounding the pavement making sure I was trying to get work. Your “liberal“ comment tells me everything I need to know about you 👍 neither Joe or trump is my “boy” just to be clear.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We all suffer the same way, I’m paying an extra $10k in fuel a month right now and it sucks trust me. The difference between me and you is I’m not on the internet crying because someone said they were Booked with work. If I wasn’t busy I still wouldn’t be on the internet complaining I would be pounding the pavement making sure I was trying to get work. Your “liberal“ comment tells me everything I need to know about you 👍 neither Joe or trump is my “boy” just to be clear.

Damn you.. you made me like something Bobby liked.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would expect that to become more popular. We are in a payment based society.

Yep. Boating is going to become oppressively expensive in our lifetimes.

There is a guy named Constantine that I always end up talking to at 3 Dunes over the last several years and we catch up. If I recall he is from Germany. Pleasure boating is almost unattainable in his native country unless it was generational.

Last edited:

Tank

Reaction score
It seems that the longer I wait to do something, rates keep going up.

Navy Fed still shows better rates.
That’s the challenge right?! All about timing.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Funny how the prices are high and the rates are high. As I recall it’s not supposed to work that way. Lol
Inventory is a problem. In NE Phoenix, buyers are still competing with cash investors.

One home in our neighborhood was sold to New Jersey SnowBirds. They were here 4 months this winter. Airbnb’s rent about one weekend a month in the summer. It has a pool.

Those dynamics are taking up a bigger piece of the real estate pie. What’s selling today are cash value prices.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Everybody who voted for the guy is all of a sudden an “independent”. Always makes me laugh. At least I picked a side.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Everybody who voted for the guy is all of a sudden an “independent”. Always makes me laugh. At least I picked a side.

Yes you did. Yore state is almost as blue as CA. Nice work 👍🏻.

By the way, if you accept government subsidy money for the solar on a new home build, tell us again what side you picked?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
just like an RV right?

I financed my first boat through a traditional 20 year bank loan. I was 21. When I bought our first cigarette I couldn’t qualify for as much as the boat cost. Luckily Phil (Lipship performance) told me he’d carry the paper on half. Very cool of him to do so. Paid him on it for the 9 years we had it and when i sold it I paid him off but even then he gave me a break in the payoff too. Guys a stud.

It is nice not to have a boat loan though. First time I’ve never not had a loan on a boat is our current boat. Won’t have a loan on the next one either. I’m guessing I’ll never have another loan on a boat. There’s some peace of mind that comes with the feeling you don’t have to use it and it can just sit when you own it outright. Always felt pressured to use the boat when I was making a monthly payment. Weird feeling.
Boy you are so right about that monthly payment scenario the way it played on my head.... additionally I was paying an extra $600 for storage/ launch services. I paid off that note in year two just to keep my sanity.... I didn't wanna feel like i HAD to go boating every friggin weekend 🤪 rain or shine!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
The right time to buy a boat or anything that you want for that matter is when you can afford it. Doesn't matter what the price is or what the rates are because you can go to sleep tonight and never wake up. I've seen it happen with so many of my clients. Working and saving and never getting to enjoy that hard work.

You can't time everything in life and you can't take any of your savings with you. Go out there and enjoy life. As long as you can afford it, do it.