WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Thinking of buying a 2009-2010 BMW M5

spectras only

Reaction score
Lol! Canadian please! Lol!
trying to steer you the right direction Cdog.Your wife would love the Z8, it doesn't have the same reputation as those fast P-cars;). It's quite a sleeper.

Cdog

Reaction score
The rub here is that I can buy a 07 911s and drive it for 200k miles or more.

spectras only

Reaction score
Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
Porches are way too common everywhere, while Z8 are rare and more beautiful, hence better resale value too.Just my humble opinion.:)

After the factory tour I'm a kool aid drinker though. Seriously awesome.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
So what are your opinions of the car? My want?s are black on black with a 6 speed. Any of you have or had one? Was maintenance a bitch? Do they have any stand out issues?

Thanks in advance.

Beautiful, bad ass car.. Buy it.:thumbsup

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
After the factory tour I'm a kool aid drinker though. Seriously awesome.

Then you just need to buy a new German car...take European delivery and book a vacation that begins the moment your car rolls off the assembly line. Then let them ship it home for you :thumbsup

Almost every German carmaker has a program like this.
Some of them allow you to check on your car as it goes thru the factory.

Cdog

Reaction score
Then you just need to buy a new German car...take European delivery and book a vacation that begins the moment your car rolls off the assembly line. Then let them ship it home for you :thumbsup

Almost every German carmaker has a program like this.
Some of them allow you to check on your car as it goes thru the factory.

I was there in may and had a private Porsche factory tour. So awesome!! I rented a brand new 911s from Avis in Nuremberg and drove it to stuttgart.

I can't afford a new one. Gently loved is what I need. Lol!

D

Deleted Account

I was there in may and had a private Porsche factory tour. So awesome!! I rented a brand new 911s from Avis in Nuremberg and drove it to stuttgart.

I can't afford a new one. Gently loved is what I need. Lol!

I can't believe you are shopping around, you big fat PORSCHE Pussy!!!:D:D:D

Faceaz

Reaction score
Wife has an X5 (far from a M5 I know). But, it's the first / last BMW we'll ever have. The maintenance of all things is my least complaint - love the 12k miles between oil changes. Hate, absolutely hate the electrical.

- Camshaft position sensor goes out - car won't start.
- Brake pad sensor goes out - car goes into a safety mode that cuts the ignition - mind there is nothing wrong with the brakes.
- Fuel tank has a hump that requires a transfer pump inside the tank. Pump goes out - car runs out of fuel at 1/4 tank.
- Most retarded window regulators I've ever seen - cables with plastic pullys that break (especially in Arizona Heat) - I've replaced each window at least 2 to 3 times.
- Put in a K&N Air Filter - Big mistake. Now when the car gets revved to redline, it throws off the Mass Airflow Sensor & sends the car into safety mode.

The list goes on & on. But, really like driving the car & maintenance is actually very easy.