WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

They’re spying on my trash

Mikes56

Reaction score
When it becomes more work for me to recycle than just throw it out, I’m not recycling.

My ex-wife, the twat that she was, would recycle all the soda cans that she and her kids would drink. She’d put them in a trash bag and I’d take them to the recycler. The one time I did it, the bags were covered in ants and the ants got in my car. Yea F that!

jet496

Reaction score
They need to make it easier to get rid of hazardous products lik cleaners, paint, medicines, etc. and please don't tell me it's already easy. Someone told me that & said you can make an appointment once a month to take paint to the dump, and you can take the meds to the police station, or CVS in downtown takes them. Uhmmm, yea that's just soooo easy. They make it so people just bury that stuff in their trash. Just sayin'.

Taboma

Reaction score
Right ! Picky fuckers , Here they expect you to rinse out your mayonnaise jar (for example) Someone told me that shit goes to China and they dont want "dirty recycles" :mad:
Hmmm, so we're expected to use our "Drought Rationed" water to rinse out jars, in order to satisfy their recycling rules. 🤔
Seems logical, I should rinse them out with the toilet brush, before I flush the yellow toilet water, now that's conservation. 🤣

johnnyC

Reaction score
@NicPaus . . . funny story you may get a chuckle.

Pops told me this one
His Dad had a shop out in the San Fernando Valley in the late 30's early 40's . . . built stuff for the war etc . . . and had tons of other 'things' going on as well.
Something was different about how they did trash back then I guess . . .

One day my Grandpa told one of the guys working for him to go fill up the truck with a bunch of junk and take it to the dump. (open pit style)
So I guess the guy gets there, they look at what he's dumping and said, "Where are you coming from", and the guy told them.
They said, "We'll let you dump it this once, but don't come back here again, we'll pick it up".

So the guy gets back to the shop and tells my Grandpa what happened . . . and he says, "I don't give a shit, go fill it up again and take another load back there".
So the guy not wanting to lose his job, did what he was told, loaded up and headed back to the dump.

The guy gets there and they stop him and say, "Didn't we just tell you not to bring that back here again" . . . and the guys replies, "Just doin what I'm told".

So they wave him on in, and then signal him to back up to the pit to dump the load . . . and the next thing you know a bulldozer comes around the corner and heads right to the truck.
it doesn't stop, and pushes the entire truck with all the junk in it down into the pit !!!! 😅 . . . the guy had to walk back to the shop !!!!

Times were sure different back then.

Funny Side Note . . never met my Grandpa, never seen a picture of him , he doesn't exist online. . . my Mom only briefly met him once . . . my sisters said they 'think' they went over to his house in the 50's . . . but he was in his underwear and wouldn't get up from his chair ! 😆
When he died, my Mom & Dad went to his funeral . . . at the service there were a few of his Ex Wives there . . . my Mom said something like 'thanks for coming', and they all replied, "We just wanted to make sure the Son of a Bitch was dead" !!!! 😆😅😂🤣
IT WAS PROBABLY AT ONE OF MY MOMS UNCLES DUMPS THAT HE HAD BACK THEN

AEA

Reaction score
Can’t imagine why they now audit the trash…
Because most laws regarding disposal of trash have built-in compliance requirements, it's one of the ways compliance is measured.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
They need to make it easier to get rid of hazardous products lik cleaners, paint, medicines, etc. and please don't tell me it's already easy. Someone told me that & said you can make an appointment once a month to take paint to the dump, and you can take the meds to the police station, or CVS in downtown takes them. Uhmmm, yea that's just soooo easy. They make it so people just bury that stuff in their trash. Just sayin'.

we have that and that’s where I get all my good chemicals 😆
I’m not sure where you live but there are places that you can take household hazardous waste but get this…. They put anything potentially usable out on racks and you can take stuff from there if you want for free.
For example: I’ve dropped off a bunch of weed killer and batteries then left with a bunch of spray paint and some good oil base stains that you can’t buy in California anymore by the gal.

72F830ED-52BC-4F50-9410-28B13A7A0426.png

You can use their drive-through and not even have to get out of your car they will unload. Below you can see the pictures here where you can walk up and grab all the good stuff for free. It’s great if you need free primer or paint.

AB6656F4-147A-4118-AADB-17FA583FD238.png

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
You are going to sift and clean yore trash and your going to love it. :read:

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I tried to do the right thing and brought a motorcycle battery to the recycle place on Chenowith
First they filled out the paper work and wrote down my license plate and I signed the form
Then I went to collect my 50 cents and they took my picture and copied my driver's license and I had to give them a thumb print lol
I just use the battery bin at walmart
I just found out today vatozone gives 10 dollar in store credit up to ten batteries a day. Just a head's up. Gentleman said just bring in what you got.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I don’t get what is so difficult about following the directions on the trash can. Nothing is free, everything is about making money, if it makes you feel good to recycle do it. We have a dumpster at our river house but bring our recyclables with us back home to put in the recycle bin. It makes me feel like I am helping a bit somehow, if it doesn’t actually have an impact, oh well.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I don’t get what is so difficult about following the directions on the trash can. Nothing is free, everything is about making money, if it makes you feel good to recycle do it. We have a dumpster at our river house but bring our recyclables with us back home to put in the recycle bin. It makes me feel like I am helping a bit somehow, if it doesn’t actually have an impact, oh well.

I MIGHT buy my Coors Light in Havasu and recycle the cans in California..... but that would be illegal, So I likely would not do that.

Just saying.

*Recycle as in turn them in for cash.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
You guys better be mindful what you post on social media....

Big brother is keeping a data base identifying those who don't return their shopping cart, refuse the jab and misuse the waste bins....

SCV2RVR

Reaction score
Now in Glendale (California) by brother in law has to separate out all of his food waste into another container or he is fined.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I MIGHT buy my Coors Light in Havasu and recycle the cans in California..... but that would be illegal, So I likely would not do that.

Just saying.

*Recycle as in turn them in for cash.

I saw the light up sign over the freeway the other day that said importing cans for CRV is illegal 😂

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I was out when they sent us the food scraps bin that said to leave this container of rotting food on my kitchen counter.

Taboma

Reaction score
I was out when they sent us the food scraps bin that said to leave this container of rotting food on my kitchen counter.
I agree, there's no way in hell will we allow that shit to sit and rot in our kitchen. No way am I going to buy paper bags to toss in with my yard waste either.
For restaurants, grocery stores and institutions, fine, but like you, we're not going to participate in that brilliant plan either.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I agree, there's no way in hell will we allow that shit to sit and rot in our kitchen. No way am I going to buy paper bags to toss in with my yard waste either.
For restaurants, grocery stores and institutions, fine, but like you, we're not going to participate in that brilliant plan either.
One of my jobs they quit taking there green can cause the waste was in plastic bag. What are you going to do with the your trash?

Few houses ago I tried canceling the trash. At $75 a month and a common trash can that was always full. I figured I would haul my own. As I was going to the dump almost daily then. Nope city bills trash with water. So no water if you cancel trash.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Your a model citizen Sir.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I saw the light up sign over the freeway the other day that said importing cans for CRV is illegal 😂
Importing would be ordering them or something like that..... I am just moving my stuff from one house to another and I decide to recycle... lol

Taboma

Reaction score
Not sure if it's still happening, but because the CRV is higher in CA, it became a racket to haul large loads of aluminum cans from AZ, the haul them to CA to redeem them at CA value. Became a problem because far more was being paid out, out of the CRV fund, then was being collected at the time of sale. The CA CRV fund was running out of money.