WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Silver Bullet - DCB's M41 in Rigging..

PokerRun388

Reaction score
I believe the owner is taking delivery next week in Havasu. I think DCB is going to keep the boat, though, and use it in the Miami Boat Show in February. The owner said he signed up for Desert Storm, so it should be at the Nautical all week, and at the street party.

I'm looking forward to seeing it too- I've never seen a 41' lake boat before. :thumbup:

Thanks for the updates HH.!:thumbsup I'd love to see it in Miami, I really hope they bring it out there, along with a sweet M35/M31.:thumbup:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Id like to know the price tag on this 41. Basic paint job, lugo tilt trailer, 1350's, dcb standard bling, and fit and finish. 1 mil?? 850k?

Yeah yeah yeah if i have to ask i cant afford it. No shit! Still would like to know how much.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You're right. They didn't sell many of those, did they?

They built 2 of the 44 Magic's. One of them is at E Ticket being converted to a total party bardge right now. Not sure where the other is. They had very little to offer in the performance arena compared to this 41. FYI, one of the 44 Magics was run in the ocean quite a bit if memory serves as well.

RD

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Yes they do.

RD

I think there's a difference between boating in the ocean, and charging hard in the ocean. Heck, there are more bay liners out there on any given weekend, than hard-charging performance boats.

There's a couple reasons I bring up that the M41 is a lake boat. Basically, it's a computer-grown M35, which is probably the ultimate lake boat, but you don't see any charging in the shitty stuff.

Second, the owner is a friend of mine, and he'll be the first one to tell you this boat will never purposely be driven in anything over 1' chop.

There are two types of big boats. Those that are hard-charging offshore boats that you can take on a lake...and lake boats that you can take offshore, but it probably won't end well.

I'd love to see DCB focus their videos on something other than flat water. The M41 has the size...it needs to be tested.

some day

gold member
Reaction score
I think there's a difference between boating in the ocean, and charging hard in the ocean. Heck, there are more bay liners out there on any given weekend, than hard-charging performance boats.

There's a couple reasons I bring up that the M41 is a lake boat. Basically, it's a computer-grown M35, which is probably the ultimate lake boat, but you don't see any charging in the shitty stuff.

Second, the owner is a friend of mine, and he'll be the first one to tell you this boat will never purposely be driven in anything over 1' chop.

There are two types of big boats. Those that are hard-charging offshore boats that you can take on a lake...and lake boats that you can take offshore, but it probably won't end well.

I'd love to see DCB focus their videos on something other than flat water. The M41 has the size...it needs to be tested.

Yes, you know everything!!!

DCB will test in the ocean and I hear, they are taking in to Miami for the boat show and poker run...

I guess we will see!! In the end I hope you owe the owner and DCB an apology for this post!!

hallett21

Reaction score
170 through 5 foot chop doesn't sound fun to me lol

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Yes, you know everything!!!

DCB will test in the ocean and I hear, they are taking in to Miami for the boat show and poker run...

I guess we will see!! In the end I hope you owe the owner and DCB an apology for this post!!

First of all, why all the exclamation points!!!!

Yes, Win will take the boat in Biscayne Bay. That doesn't necessarily mean its an offshore boat...lol. Like I said, if DCB is going to keep making them bigger and more expensive, they are going to have to address the competitive aspect with Skater, MTI, Mystic, etc.

Just like Schiada built its name on winning races, DCBs (big boat) competition is out there doing the same...for many years.

Also, just because you make a lake boat bigger (like the Magic), doesn't necessarily mean you have an offshore boat.

I think the M41 is a great boat, and i know Win is gonna love it, but that does mean its still not a lake boat. Believe me, Tony and Win and I have debated this many drunken times, so I'm pretty sure they know they aren't getting an apology out of me...lol.

Hammer

Reaction score
It seems to me that it will take a DCB owner to run it hard in "BIG" water, if I had the money I'd buy one and run it hard in the rough stuff...

IMO it's the DCB purchasers that choose not to run them hard in big water , not the company.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
It seems to me that it will take a DCB owner to run it hard in "BIG" water, if I had the money I'd buy one and run it hard in the rough stuff...

IMO it's the DCB purchasers that choose not to run them hard in big water , not the company.

Well, that's a valid point.

When I was at LOTO last year, I only saw one DCB. Lots of Skaters, MTIs, and even a few Eliminators. Now LOTO is 140 miles long, with rock shores, so it's like a big washing machine. When I asked why no DCBs, everyone said the same thing- they can't handle the rough. Lots had come and gone off that lake.

On the M41, I even beat Win up on why he bought the first one. He didn't do it because it's a great boat (it hadn't even been made yet)...he did it because he was happy with his F-32. I gave him crap because why would he put down $1MM on a drawing, when he could have a 40' Skater w/Sterlings for cheaper. He just kinda shrugged.

So, I'm just kinda shrugging, too...lol.

Tank

Reaction score
I used to be pretty critical of DCB until I actually went out and rode in one in pretty sloppy conditions. I agree that a smaller boat (under 34) with a center pod and low free board is not the boat to run in the pacific ocean. With that said this 41 is pretty large. I think it would run good in some swell and heavy chop. I agree with Hammer, It's the owners that choose not to run in the rough not the company. Why go out and beat the sh!t out of yourself when you really have nothing to prove. And whats the definition of offshore? They tested it at 170 in the ocean with pretty nasty conditions. If the definition of "offshore" is running in 6+' swell and confused seas and wind chop, you can have that sh!t. I've run in it in the pacific many time in many different "offshore boats" up to 46' in length and I gotta say, I hate rough water ( I mean REAL rough offshore conditions). It's uncomfortable for passengers and takes some of the fun out of boating. Perfect water for my Cigarette (a purpose built offshore boat) would be 4'-5' swell evenly spaced to launch off of and run hard. Now that's fun and I think this 41 would do fine in that. So in the end, I think this boat would perform in nearly any conditions that an MTI or Skater would run in. And I know that's pretty bold claim but in the really big stuff...There's only so much you can do no matter what boat you're in with out becoming very dangerous and risking serious injury.

They'll run this thing in Florida and I'm positive they'll run it outside. I can assure all, it gets NASTY off the southern Fl. coast. I'm sure the 41 will do fine.

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Tank, are Dave H. and Tony planning on running the M41 in the Miami Boat show poker run?

Hammer

Reaction score
Well, that's a valid point.

When I was at LOTO last year, I only saw one DCB. Lots of Skaters, MTIs, and even a few Eliminators. Now LOTO is 140 miles long, with rock shores, so it's like a big washing machine. When I asked why no DCBs, everyone said the same thing- they can't handle the rough. Lots had come and gone off that lake.

On the M41, I even beat Win up on why he bought the first one. He didn't do it because it's a great boat (it hadn't even been made yet)...he did it because he was happy with his F-32. I gave him crap because why would he put down $1MM on a drawing, when he could have a 40' Skater w/Sterlings for cheaper. He just kinda shrugged.

So, I'm just kinda shrugging, too...lol.

I would've bought that White Skater on here for 300k ! It's only money right ? LOL ! Props to Win for pulling the trigger ! What's it gonna take to make a hot lap to Catalina on a bad day ? :D

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
What's it gonna take to make a hot lap to Catalina on a bad day ? :D

He lives in Colorado, so I doubt that boat will ever make it out on the coast. However, when the water gets big, I'll race him in my lil, old 35' to Catalina. With 6' and 1,300 more HP than me, he better beat me. If he doesn't, he owes me an apology!

lol

PS- when he gets to Catalina, all the pieces on the boat and gel coat must also be intact.

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Jeff, I look at DCB's as total hot rods both badass and beautiful.

It's like would you take your pristine 32' Ford that cost 250k to make for hot laps at Willow Springs? Likely not.

Hell they may run fucking great on the ocean but most owners don't run em there. I'd venture to guess because of that kind of hot rod mentality and a lot of them have other boats to use in the ocean. I'd rather have both 1mm sport fisher for the ocean and an 1mm DCB for the lakes. Diff moods different boats.

Be nice to see the next M41 made with no center pod and I wish I had the funds to do that!!!

I will say my Eliminator is totally made for the ocean.. It's probably at the bottom of it right now!!

Hammer

Reaction score

It's like would you take your pristine 32' Ford that cost 250k to make for hot laps at Willow Springs? Likely not.

Hell they may run fucking great on the ocean but most owners don't run em there. I'd venture to guess because of that kind of hot rod mentality and a lot of them have other boats to use in the ocean. I'd rather have both 1mm sport fisher for the ocean and an 1mm DCB for the lakes. Diff moods different boats.

Be nice to see the next M41 made with no center pod and I wish I had the funds to do that!!!

I will say my Eliminator is totally made for the ocean.. It's probably at the bottom of it right now!!

Price Tag for a Skater , MTI etc is in the same ballpark , maybe more.

Maybe somebody on the east coast will pull the trigger on one if it goes Miami and run it hard, boaters on the east coast don't mess around when it comes to boating. They are on a whole nother level financially speaking .

If I had FU money , I'd build one, run the shit out it on each coast and at every "offshore" event I could . Just to be different.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score

I think Schiada, Lavey and Nordic have the same issue. They are really good at what they do, but when they stepped up to the 39' Evo and 43' Enforcer, they opened up a big can of worms. IMHO, the Lavey 39' Evo is one of the best looking 40' boats out there, but why would you buy that over a Cigarette or Outerlimits for the same price?

The DCBs are badass lake hot rods, but anything past 35', and you are opening up a can of worms.

I'm not a Schiada, DCB, Lavey, or Nordic hater...just staing the obvious. Anyone who does their homework when putting a chunk of money down on a big boat will be asking the same questions.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If we added up all the posts you have posted over the years with this same negative sentiment about DCB.. What do you think they would equal? 170 right out of the gate a good guess? :D

RD

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
If we added up all the posts you have posted over the years with this same negative sentiment about DCB.. What do you think they would equal? 170 right out of the gate a good guess? :D

RD

It's kinda funny, Dave- I guess people see what they want to see, like how many times I say the M41 is a nice boat in this thread, and they do well with it? Hmmmm.....

I remember the old Dave, who was unbiased, and welcomed questions like competetiveness, and the truth behind any manufacturerer's reputation. When we first started on these forums in 2000, it was Dave who was always pushing for the truth, and always saw through the magazine's articles, which always turned out to be little more than thinly disguized advertisement to sell boats.

It's a sad day indeed.

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
I am relatively new to the performance boat community... What I have learned is that ALL performance boats are badass!! 95 percent of the folks in the community are badass!! We sit behind our laptops and smart phones and bench race when the truth is we are having water withdrawals!!
Ahh crap im just venting because I've had a shitty couple of days and Im drowning my sorrows in Cap'n. sorry fellas

Last edited:

mentalmatt

Reaction score
It didn't look like this was posted previously, but here's the first water test video. Pretty sick!

[video=youtube;kZvF5PhbRlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvF5PhbRlc[/video]

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
It's kinda funny, Dave- I guess people see what they want to see, like how many times I say the M41 is a nice boat in this thread, and they do well with it? Hmmmm.....

I remember the old Dave, who was unbiased, and welcomed questions like competetiveness, and the truth behind any manufacturerer's reputation. When we first started on these forums in 2000, it was Dave who was always pushing for the truth, and always saw through the magazine's articles, which always turned out to be little more than thinly disguized advertisement to sell boats.

It's a sad day indeed.

Im pretty sure it all changed when the site went from supporting beer and smokes to food and roof.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I don't know why DCB always brings out the biggest haters or naysayers on the internet, it's pretty funny how polarizing the conversation is though. I don't even care for catamaran boats, but i will say that DCB builds a very high quality boat from the glass, to the rigging/installation, to the fit and finish, and i think they are also good looking boats. That's just my opinion, i think many others would probably agree on those items.

They come out with a brand new boat, it runs pretty damn fast for a venture into that size range for initial testing runs, but then all the naysayers come out with stuff like "yeah yeah but they didn't run it in the rough, it can't handle the rough" and all the other "what ifs", or "Dave is just saying nice things cause he's getting paid with advertising money, he's no longer out for the truth"

I think what Dave is saying is maybe it would be better to, i dunno, wait 6 months or a year after they have had some time to really test the thing before we all going around passing judgment, everyone sitting behind their keyboards telling us what the boat is or isn't capable of. I don't think there is any truth to be had yet, we're just gonna have to wait and see how the boat runs over time, what changes they make, and how it runs in the Ocean. The thing might as well be a prototype in it's first tests and everyone is jumping on it like it's a done deal.

I hope they do well with the boat, it takes a lot of time and capital to do what they are doing, especially in this economic environment. At least they are out there doing something, and putting their money where their mouths are.... where is everyone else putting theirs?

Or we can all just rush to judgement and bring out the lynching rope..... damn people... :p

hallett21

Reaction score
I don't know why DCB always brings out the biggest haters or naysayers on the internet, it's pretty funny how polarizing the conversation is though. I don't even care for catamaran boats, but i will say that DCB builds a very high quality boat from the glass, to the rigging/installation, to the fit and finish, and i think they are also good looking boats. That's just my opinion, i think many others would probably agree on those items.

They come out with a brand new boat, it runs pretty damn fast for a venture into that size range for initial testing runs, but then all the naysayers come out with stuff like "yeah yeah but they didn't run it in the rough, it can't handle the rough" and all the other "what ifs", or "Dave is just saying nice things cause he's getting paid with advertising money, he's no longer out for the truth"

I think what Dave is saying is maybe it would be better to, i dunno, wait 6 months or a year after they have had some time to really test the thing before we all going around passing judgment, everyone sitting behind their keyboards telling us what the boat is or isn't capable of. I don't think there is any truth to be had yet, we're just gonna have to wait and see how the boat runs over time, what changes they make, and how it runs in the Ocean. The thing might as well be a prototype in it's first tests and everyone is jumping on it like it's a done deal.

I hope they do well with the boat, it takes a lot of time and capital to do what they are doing, especially in this economic environment. At least they are out there doing something, and putting their money where their mouths are.... where is everyone else putting theirs?

Or we can all just rush to judgement and bring out the lynching rope..... damn people... :p

Thank you racey

rivergames

Reaction score
When the first pics came out, I thought the boat looked too bulky. I now realize the "bulky" view was because it is hard to get a good side shot of a 41' boat in DCB's shop.

1:08 into the video posted above, showed a great side shot. This boat looks absolutely killer :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Im pretty sure it all changed when the site went from supporting beer and smokes to food and roof.

I don't see Dave talking about how badass the new boats from Statement are? Or how about the Outerlimits SV29? That thing went out and beat the shit out of boats in it's class on the racecourse- right out of the box!

Oh wait, Outerlimits isn't giving the site advertising money. My bad...lol.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I don't see Dave talking about how badass the new boats from Statement are? Or how about the Outerlimits SV29? That thing went out and beat the shit out of boats in it's class on the racecourse- right out of the box!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357254322.827979.jpg

Badass!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
One thing about the DCB, is it's probably the most symmetrically accurate large boat ever produced. I'm sure time will show it to be a great performer. :thumbsup

Singleton

Reaction score

Maybe people don't care if the boat is raced or not. Just because a boat is raced does not equal it will be a great performance pleasure boat. I hope someone buys the M41 and takes it out on the big poker runs and LOTO, but I don't see someone purchasing a DCB to race it on the weekends.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Maybe people don't care if the boat is raced or not. Just because a boat is raced does not equal it will be a great performance pleasure boat. I hope someone buys the M41 and takes it out on the big poker runs and LOTO, but I don't see someone purchasing a DCB to race it on the weekends.

Oh. So the Schiada "race-proven" crowd now says that if a boat actually performs, it doesn't matter? Ok.

How about the fact that the OL v-bottom went faster than an F26 or F29 with the same power? I don't think that's ever been done before in pleasure boat v-bottom vs cat history.

Oh, no Outerlimits advertising dollars- nevermind...lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
Oh. So the Schiada "race-proven" crowd now says that if a boat actually performs, it doesn't matter? Ok.

How about the fact that the OL v-bottom went faster than an F26 or F29 with the same power? I don't think that's ever been done before in pleasure boat v-bottom vs cat history.

I really don't give two cents what boat goes faster. The OL29 looked nice as DS 2012, but does not work for how I boat. I purchase boats based on what works best for my family and what my family wants to do. Right now we boat in Havasu and San Diego and have an Ultra 26 deck boat for Havasu and a 22 foot Trophy CC that is used to fish and scuba drive from around San Diego. Don't care how fast they go nor do I bother comparing them to other boats since they work for what my family does.

So what ever caused the OL29 to flip during a test run with a customer last year? They said mechanical issue, but never explain what it was.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Outerlimits makes great boats, but what I saw at the DS shootout was a sv29 rockin and rollin doing a 90+ mph pass. That may be a great race bottom, but may need to be modified for the public.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
So what ever caused the OL29 to flip during a test run with a customer last year? They said mechanical issue, but never explain what it was.

Fiore was behind the wheel- the tab indicator didn't work, and a tab dropped on one side without him knowing. Off a swell wrong, and it spun and rolled.

Outerlimits makes great boats, but what I saw at the DS shootout was a sv29 rockin and rollin doing a 90+ mph pass. That may be a great race bottom, but may need to be modified for the public.

The pleasure bottom is the same as the race bottom. The race boat has a canopy and no interior.

Attachments

• photo 10.jpg
    photo 10.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 20
  • photo 9.jpg
    photo 9.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Fiore was behind the wheel- the tab indicator didn't work, and a tab dropped on one side without him knowing. Off a swell wrong, and it spun and rolled.

The pleasure bottom is the same as the race bottom. The race boat has a canopy and no interior.

Same Bottom, my point exactly..

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Same Bottom, my point exactly..

We were next to him at the Poker Run in LOTO. It looked solid at 90+ in water rougher than Havasu- you can see some video at 1:49 here:

[video=vimeo;53203836]https://vimeo.com/53203836[/video]

stspdr

Banned
Reaction score
The pleasure bottom is the same as the race bottom.

"But I need new tits to make the entire hull race!!! " That's what she said to convince her husband buy her tits!!

Last edited: