WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"The Shack"

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Got the Rhino back right before my vacation and wanted to put some miles on it so we planned a ride one of the days last week out to "The Shack' in Havasu. I have been told about it in the past, but for some reason never got around to going out to see it. This place is Bitchen!! I want to say it was started like 6 years ago or so, and is completely out in the middle of no where. It was awesome to see a place like this in which poeple come and visit and dont vandalize it in fact voer the years it has been added to and made even better. Had we known what the place was gonna be like before hand we would have most definitely packed up some charcoal, Guns, food and spent the entire day there. It is very common for people to go out there and camp for the night and even spend the weekend out there. Here are the pics I took, every where you look there is something else cool to see.

The start of the Ride

DS2010001.jpg

First (of many) Beer break.
DS2010009.jpg

Might as well bust out what little fire power we have
DS2010011.jpg

Group photo.
DS2010014.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
"the Shack"
DS2010020.jpg

No "RD Sux" dollars....yet ;)
DS2010021.jpg

DS2010022.jpg

Not sure what this was for but it was kinda cool
DS2010024.jpg

DS2010023.jpg

DS2010029.jpg

DS2010025.jpg

DS2010026.jpg

Its actually fully stocked with TP, Wipes and hand sanitizer. Rumor has it they are actually workign on a septic system for it. Since this place is used quite frequently by BLM rangers it has been given the nod from BLM.
DS2010027.jpg

DS2010028.jpg

DS2010030.jpg

DS2010031.jpg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
That is bad ass!! never heard about it before.... maybe a new spot for an RDP bbq and rhino get together.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I guess there is a running bet with the Guy that built this place that if you can pul it out of the ground without diggin it out there is a $1000 reward. I wont give the secret away but since we had JP with us we were able to remove it ;) no $1000 though as the guy wasnt there, We did leave him a bill though in the guest log book so we will see if he pays up :D
DS2010032.jpg

Soothing sounds of the wind chime :drnkfr
DS2010033.jpg

Will defintiely be bringing some food out next time and firing this bad boy up.
DS2010034.jpg

Chandalier.
DS2010036.jpg

the resident pet. :skull
DS2010037.jpg

DS2010038.jpg

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
DS2010039.jpg

DS2010040.jpg

DS2010041.jpg

DS2010042.jpg

DS2010043.jpg

DS2010045.jpg

Now here is something really cool, when you pull up to the Shack there is a mail box and int he mail box is a note pad and a disposable camera. You sing into the "guest book" and take a pic of your group, once the camera is full they develop all the pics and as you can see hang them on the walls. All of the past guest books are also there so you can look through and read all the people that visited.
DS2010046.jpg

sean

Reaction score
like rb said before it is so awesome to see this place left alone by the thugs and douchers. super great ride even with all of us super nervous about fuel:drnkfr

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
like rb said before it is so awesome to see this place left alone by the thugs and douchers. super great ride even with all of us super nervous about fuel:drnkfr

Yes, for sure next time we bring an extra can to ease our minds. :thumbsup

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
That place is BAD ASS!! Did you guy's start your ride in Parker?
GPS?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I had heard about it before, but always thought it was an urban legend.. Soemthing drunks would talk about when referring to the good ole days.

I wouldn't do a large group ride out there or anything like that. I think too many people going would ruin the charm.

Keep the location to yourself Billdo.. If people find it, they find it. If and when I want to go, if I have enough "street credit" I'll find it myself. The desert bar was better before it became a disneyland in the desert if you understand what I'm sayin.

RD

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Great thread and takes Blidoe.:thumbsup

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
That's just way fucking cool that it's still there and nobody has trashed it!!
GREAT FIND!!!

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I had heard about it before, but always thought it was an urban legend.. Soemthing drunks would talk about when referring to the good ole days.

I wouldn't do a large group ride out there or anything like that. I think too many people going would ruin the charm.

Keep the location to yourself Billdo.. If people find it, they find it. If and when I want to go, if I have enough "street credit" I'll find it myself. The desert bar was better before it became a disneyland in the desert if you understand what I'm sayin.

RD

I agree 100% as that is kinda the unspoken rule when you go out there. the place survives strictly on the fact that you pretty much have to "be in the know" to get the location. Even then its really easy to get lost. I will say as soon as it cools down again I will be doing an overnight "camping" trip out there.

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
I had heard about it, never been though. It looks fuckin' rad!:thumbsup

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
That's just way fucking cool that it's still there and nobody has trashed it!!
GREAT FIND!!!

There was an incident about a year ago when a bunch of kids showed up and started trashign the place, I guess BLM showed up and made them repair everyhting on the spot. Other than that its pretty much the golden rule out there and as many people that have signed into the "guest book" the place is in great shape.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
We went there a couple years ago and there was a large group of people there camping for the weekend. There must have been 25 people there. We didn't get to go inside because there was so many people there. It's a really cool looking little place in the middle of nowhere.

It definitely would be a fun spot for an RPD ride and overnight camp or something like that.

PVHCA

Reaction score
The place is bad ass for sure and great pics Bill but alot of peeps know about it and I'll post directions for the masses here at RDP if peeps want them!!! The more the merrier, IMO!!

RVRKID

Reaction score
You can PM them to me Phil, I want to be in the know.

PVHCA

Reaction score
You can PM them to me Phil, I want to be in the know.

I was dickin around, have been there but was a passenger and really didn't pay much attention at the time considering we never really followed one path. It seemed we kinda went all over the place to get there.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
The place is bad ass for sure and great pics Bill but alot of peeps know about it and I'll post directions for the masses here at RDP if peeps want them!!! The more the merrier, IMO!!

We ran into the guys that built the place at the gas station and they asked that we dont post coordinates/directions. I agree with the more the merrier mentality but in this case this was built and is maintained out of pocket by a certain group of people so I have no problems accomidating their wishes. ;) If it were my place I would have sings and shit pointing the way and a cooler full of beer sitting there.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I was dickin around, have been there but was a passenger and really didn't pay much attention at the time considering we never really followed one path. It seemed we kinda went all over the place to get there.

LOL

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
We ran into the guys that built the place at the gas station and they asked that we dont post coordinates/directions. I agree with the more the merrier mentality but in this case this was built and is maintained out of pocket by a certain group of people so I have no problems accomidating their wishes. ;) If it were my place I would have sings and shit pointing the way and a cooler full of beer sitting there.

Come on! We can keep a secret! At least a hint? Don't blame you. Its on the AZ side though right?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It's east to find.
Just turn left at Hinkley.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Come on! We can keep a secret! At least a hint? Don't blame you. Its on the AZ side though right?

I honestly dont think I could remember how to get out there. I had someone who goes there all the time telling me when to turn and what direction to go. I can tell you for most of the trip I though he was lost...LOL. Its about 20-30 miles after we got off 95. halfway between Havasu and Parker.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Yeah letting the cat out of the bag will most likely lead to the place getting jacked up, or some idiot going out there, getting hurt, and BLM having to condemn it....

mbrown2

Reaction score

RD

Ditto....that place is cool and the only way to keep it that way is to not publicize....

WOW...really blown away that place exists and gets better and not trashed...definitely says something about people still having values/morals..

D

Deleted Account

There are a couple very sweet BLM adopt-a-cabins out of Ballarat headed up the hills toward Death Valley. We left the dry lake bead at 67 degrees, ran up into a snow storm with huge pines a few hours later, and hung out at one shack for lunch. After the top we headed down the next canyon and some retired telco guys had two more cabins a quarter mile apart, completely cherry and with a crank phone to talk between the two.

Very cool. It was 81 when we got to the dry lake bed again and everyone on the run had a blast. You can see where some dirtbag comes in and starts shooting up the place or starts something on fire.:thumbsdown

These cabins just bring a propane bottle and you have a stove and heat for the night. If the flag is up, occupied. Otherwise swing by and check it out...:thumbsup:D

teded

Reaction score
I hope Huell Hoswer don't see this

lawbreaker2

Reaction score
I don't know about sleeping over night by myself out at a place like that, I don't think I could sleep, always looking over my shoulder's:grumble: every little noise and I would trip out.:eek:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I hope Huell Hoswer don't see this

Is this code or something? Or am I missing another joke on here.. :(

I don't know about sleeping over night by myself out at a place like that, I don't think I could sleep, always looking over my shoulder's:grumble: every little noise and I would trip out.:eek:

I'd love it.. :D

RD

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
That place is cool. I was with Ivan Dan and his family when he has there. There was a ton of people there.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Never heard of him before.. LOL

Maybe I'm out of the loop?

RD

[video=youtube;GsmtTtWd3FI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsmtTtWd3FI[/video]

I met him twice.
Once when I worked on the Lindberg light restoration, and another time when I was involved in the restoration of the Mission Beach Giant Dipper roller coaster.

woody56

Reaction score
We started in Havasu. one of the guys we rode with knew how to get there as he is friends with the guy that built the place.

Your welcome! And anyone is welcome their to go their. Just try and keep it clean for others to enjoy it!:D

woody56

Reaction score
I honestly dont think I could remember how to get out there. I had someone who goes there all the time telling me when to turn and what direction to go. I can tell you for most of the trip I though he was lost...LOL. Its about 20-30 miles after we got off 95. halfway between Havasu and Parker.

That because I was hanging on for dear life, no trying to fall out of your rhino! LOL:D

Ivan Dan

Reaction score
That place is cool. I was with Ivan Dan and his family when he has there. There was a ton of people there.

We should do that trip again. Or start earlier and make it all the way to the desert bar this time.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
We should do that trip again. Or start earlier and make it all the way to the desert bar this time.

Ya we should. Too bad you aren't out here right now. The weather is perfect for riding right now.

woody56

Reaction score
Ya we should. Too bad you aren't out here right now. The weather is perfect for riding right now.

Today would be perfect. Only going to be 75. Might just have to take one more ride out their...:D

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Today would be perfect. Only going to be 75. Might just have to take one more ride out their...:D

I thought about it but we've still got a bunch of stuff to do around here today since we're leaving tomorrow. Might take a short ride later this afternoon.

Ivan Dan

Reaction score

Trust me....I would much rather be out there goofing off then here working.

wright-way

Reaction score
SAW THE PHOTOS OF THE TRIP TO THE SHACK. CAN ANYONE GIVE US DIRECTIONS? IT IS GREAT THAT PEOPLE ARE RESPECTING THE PLACE AND CARING FOR IT. THAT IS UNUSUAL IN THIS DAY AND AGE. ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE JEEPERS AND LOVE A NEW ADVENTURE. WE ARE BASED AT THE LANDING ON THE CALIFORNIA SIDE, BUT WE ARE UP FOR A NEW ADVENTURE.

CONTACT ME AT [email protected]

TOM

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

PLEASE dont post up this info! The troll hut in glamis used to be a bitchin spot, till the location got posted, and then it was burned to the ground shortly after.

This the part of the internet that really sucks ass. Some places are meant to be secret.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Might be making a trip out there this weekend on Sat....unless I have to many beers with RD fri night

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Might be making a trip out there this weekend on Sat....unless I have to many beers with RD fri night

We got the trailer situation worked out?

Or do I gotta drive my t rex all the way to havasu? :D

RD