WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The problem with ROC's place...

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Lets see...

It's in the perfect location to stop at on the way out, and back in, from the river or glamis.

Easy to get to. Right off the freeway on Cook street. Kinna easy to remember that too! hehe

Lots of parking, gas stations are across the street.

So whats the problem here?? Its the food!!! Its sooo damm good, I almost always eat too much, and end up in a food coma while driving! :p

So the Roland told me to try the Wedge Salid. Just a big chunk of lettuce you can cut with a steak knife. Covered in dressing, blue cheese chunks, some kinna tasty vinagerate, and tomatoes and other good stuff.

It's perfect. No more food coma. But I'm still gonna have the french toast once in awhile. That stuff is just too yummy!!!

What do you get at ROC's?? :D

rivergames

Reaction score
Lets see...

It's in the perfect location to stop at on the way out, and back in, from the river or glamis.

Easy to get to. Right off the freeway on Cook street. Kinna easy to remember that too! hehe

So whats the problem here?? Its the food!!! Its sooo damm good, I almost always eat too much, and end up in a food coma while driving! :p

So the Roland told me to try the Wedge Salid. Just a big chunk of lettuce you can cut with a steak knife. Covered in dressing, blue cheese chunks, some kinna tasty vinagerate, and tomatoes and other good stuff.

It's perfect. No more food coma. But I'm still gonna have the french toast once in awhile. That stuff is just too yummy!!!

I want to try other things of ROC's menu, but I always end up getting the Fire Marshall. And the Ahi Tar Tar :champagne:

RaceTec

Reaction score
We might have to try it on the way out or back this weekend... Sounds good!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
For breakfast, dunno what it's called......from the bottom up.....

Biscuits opened face up

Hand formed sausage patty

Hashed brown potatoes

Fried eggs

Sausage gravy

Damned this thread, how long will it take me to get there from North Hollywood?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The only problem with Roc's place is its too far from home:(

Hey Roc,how about a Riverside franchise? Im not doing much,will wash dishes for food.:D

PVHCA

Reaction score
Stopped in 2 weekends ago on the way to Parker. My plan was to buy Roc a few drinks, eat a light meal and just chill for an hour or so. Ya ok, got Roc a few drinks was the easy part, ate like a pig, drank like a fish for at least 2.5 hours and low and behold the bill comes and Roc decides dinners on him, bullshit I tell him so he agrees to me paying for the drinks which I had no choice(to shut up ablout the dinner tab) in this debate his place or I could have faced a posible "86"!!

Just as I'm ready to leave Roc appears with 4 large racks of baby backs for RD's BBQ weekend, I'm thinking to myself, have I ever met a more generous man, nope couldn't think of a one.

Roc's is a great place to chill, eat and have conversation with a true gentleman.

D

Deleted Account

I want to try other things of ROC's menu, but I always end up getting the Fire Marshall. And the Ahi Tar Tar :champagne:

X2. That Ahi is the bomb!!! We swing in every couple weeks, when we work out in the desert. The beers just happen to be cold there, too...:thumbsup

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
he won't deliver to my firestation in southern Utah!!!!:p:p

icecreaman

Reaction score
Stopped in 2 weekends ago on the way to Parker. My plan was to buy Roc a few drinks, eat a light meal and just chill for an hour or so. Ya ok, got Roc a few drinks was the easy part, ate like a pig, drank like a fish for at least 2.5 hours and low and behold the bill comes and Roc decides dinners on him, bullshit I tell him so he agrees to me paying for the drinks which I had no choice(to shut up ablout the dinner tab) in this debate his place or I could have faced a posible "86"!!

Just as I'm ready to leave Roc appears with 4 large racks of baby backs for RD's BBQ weekend, I'm thinking to myself, have I ever met a more generous man, nope couldn't think of a one.

Roc's is a great place to chill, eat and have conversation with a true gentleman.

So, I read this as free grub at Roc's for RDP'ers!!! Roc, your the Man. Know what I'm doing for dinner.:party2:

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks guys. I'll respond when I get in my office. I'm fueling up now on way home from river.

$4.45 a gallon for diesel in Blythe. Damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaceTec

Reaction score
Well I look forward to checking it out at some point this weekend... Does it have a big parking lot? I may be towing my trailer...

D

Deleted Account

Well I look forward to checking it out at some point this weekend... Does it have a big parking lot? I may be towing my trailer...

It's a monster lot. We are normally always pulling a trailer when we stop by. I tried running it through Google but it only shows the grading part when they were building it out, LOL...

No worries at all.:thumbsup

36891 Cook Street, Palm Desert, CA 92211

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

I park across the street when towing.
Wide open and wide shoulder off the road.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
The Bombero kicks ass, but it will definetly put you in a food coma!

42johnny

Reaction score
Wifey and her best friend stopped by the other day for lunch...
to loud for them, so they went next store to Luckys.. (she liked it)

This is after I have been trying for months for her to try it again...

I have to try it again, just hard to get away from the shop..

Johnny

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Lets see...

Thanks Joe!! It's always good seeing you.

Two of our best sellers.

For breakfast, dunno what it's called......from the bottom up.....

Biscuits opened face up

Hand formed sausage patty

Hashed brown potatoes

Fried eggs

Sausage gravy

Damned this thread, how long will it take me to get there from North Hollywood?

That would be our Firehouse Benedict. We do regular eggs benedicts once in a while, but, the locals like this version. I need to see about getting an auto defibralator to serve with that meal.

haha. It's not like you guys didn't bring me a great gift. Those glasses are classics. Thanks again.

X2. That Ahi is the bomb!!! We swing in every couple weeks, when we work out in the desert. The beers just happen to be cold there, too...:thumbsup

Cold beer=:thumbsup:D

he won't deliver to my firestation in southern Utah!!!!:p:p

I would, but, I'm not sure where esactly southern Utah is:p

Fucker won't deliver to Missouri either...

Missouri? Next time I go to Missouri for a BBQ I'll cook ya whatever you want:D

Yes, large lot. Tractor trailers are in the lot all day long.

The Bombero kicks ass, but it will definetly put you in a food coma!

I've been making that sandwich for 30 years. Started making it during the fire academy days in the cafeteria. I love it to this day.

Thanks for the good words everyone.

It's always a pleasure to see RDP'ers. It's even better when I can find the time to hang out and have a beer.

I'm actually working on a discount card expclusive for RDP'ers. I'm always happy to buy someone a beer or a dessert, problem is, I'm not always here. With the discount card, y'all will get a little something in return even if I'm not here.

There's just something about river folk................:thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How bout a secret pass phrase, like you know...

River Dave Sux

:D

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
How bout a secret pass phrase, like you know...

River Dave Sux

:D

Great idea, except, some of our regulars are already saying that because of the sticker in the bar. They don't even know what that sticker is all about:D

RD - Famous, even with the Palm Desert locals.:p

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
The problem with ROC's is, I don't get there nearly enough anymore. :thumbsdown on me...

ROC's hot blonde bartender mixes a good cocktail and the Oriental wings are tooooooo diiiieeeee for... :thumbsup

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The problem with ROC's is, I don't get there nearly enough anymore. :thumbsdown on me...

ROC's hot blonde bartender mixes a good cocktail and the Oriental wings are tooooooo diiiieeeee for... :thumbsup

She is also here on the board, so be carefull what you say!!! :D

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score

Thanks ROC for those ribs!! They were very tasty!! I joined in on the RDP BBQ and that was a great treat! I will definately be stopping by on the way through to taste more of what you do!!

T

42johnny

Reaction score
ROC...
When you were online today I stopped in to try it again...
met a guy there that wanted some small block headers, instead of having him drive to the shop I thought "cool time to try it again"

I ordered a chicken mozerella and a iced tea..
he did the same but with a coke...

I was still disapointed in the results...
he felt the same way so I know it was not me, I even appolgized since I picked the place(I even payed for his I felt bad..)
You need to get your cook to head to Maxi's or even Goody's to learn how to cook a chicken sandwich...

when I see a chicken sandwich on the menu with mozzerella cheese, I envision a chicken breast covering the bun with dripping cheese....

I got a bun with cut up chicken and had to look for the cheese, it was a 1/4" square that was not even melted...

Then to top it off no "iced tea" like WTF, who does not have freaken brewed tea???

I spent 35 bucks today on 2 cut up chicken sandwich's and some nasty chips...
well the meals and 2 cokes were 30 bucks and I gave the server 5 buck tip.. she was very nice and attentive...

sorry dude, it is what it is.....

I was really hoping it would be better then last time...

Johnny

PVHCA

Reaction score
ROC...
met a guy there that wanted some small block headers, instead of having him drive to the shop I thought "cool time to try it again"

he felt the same way so I know it was not me, I even appolgized since I picked the place(I even payed for his I felt bad..)
You need to get your cook to head to Maxi's or even Goody's to learn how to cook a chicken sandwich...

when I see a chicken sandwich on the menu with mozzerella cheese, I envision a chicken breast covering the bun with dripping cheese....

I got a bun with cut up chicken and had to look for the cheese, it was a 1/4" square that was not even melted...

Then to top it off no "iced tea" like WTF, who does not have freaken brewed tea???

well the meals and 2 cokes were 30 bucks and I gave the server 5 buck tip.. she was very nice and attentive...

Johnny

I've never read about one guy having so many problems at one restaurant. Amazing how ROC's is busy every time I'm there, but the place across is a ghost town, seems Roc's pleases alot more than he doesn't.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I've never read about one guy having so many problems at one restaurant. Amazing how ROC's is busy every time I'm there, but the place across is a ghost town, seems Roc's pleases alot more than he doesn't.

That where the phrase " you can't please everybody" comes from.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
That where the phrase " you can't please everybody" comes from.

Very true.

There should be a song about that and Ricky Nelson should sing it. He should sing it at a garden party:D

WATERDOG

Eliminator Eagle Flying free in the heavens above!
Reaction score
I keep going but the famous Roc is never there. Good thing the food and service both are tops even when the boss isn't looking.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
RD - Famous, even with the Palm Desert locals.:p
I can see why now. They already were interested in the SUX part and then they found out about Ellen Degeneres and knew he was one of them. :D

ROC...

Johnny

Dude. Seriously. You have to come and post it for everyone to see instead of a simple, "not my cup of tea".

And I've never been inside Roc's, yet anyway, but if your telling someone they should be like Maxcy's maybe you shouldn't be critiquing food.

42johnny

Reaction score
I had been there before and was not happy with the food....

Roc had ask me to come back in and try it again.,..
I did and told the truth... I even took someone to get another vote....

bottom line, is I wish him well and hope for the best...

you have no idea how I wished it was different, as most who know me I am always happy and polite. The service was great and yes just not my cup of tea...

as far as crowded... yesterday art our lunch there was 2 people at the bar and only two other tables had people in them...

not to crowded for lunch I would say...

but again, I wish him the best of luck and I will never bring it up again...thanks

Johnny

Enen

Reaction score
Made a Kamikaze run out to Orange County last night for a client. Got to enjoy myself another dinner at ROC's fine establishment. :thumbsup

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I have to say I have never been to ROC's and I have never met him and if I did met him I did'nt know that it was ROC. With that being saided I have been self empl most of my life. I would my Tech that if they are keeping 98% of their customers happy that they are doing a GREAT JOB!!!!!! Because 1% of the customers if they did the same job for FREE that customer still would have not been happy. The other 1% was because I knew they ( Techs ) were HUMAN KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! ROC when I go to So Cal I always take the I-40 way but if I take the I-10 I'll stop by and grab a bit.

P.S.
GREAT JOB and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!:thumbsup

Wayne

MisplacedSooner

Reaction score
The only problem I have with ROC's is that he has not opened up a chain here in KS, the food always looks great.:thumbsup

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I had been there before and was not happy with the food....

Roc had ask me to come back in and try it again.,..
I did and told the truth... I even took someone to get another vote....

bottom line, is I wish him well and hope for the best...

you have no idea how I wished it was different, as most who know me I am always happy and polite. The service was great and yes just not my cup of tea...

as far as crowded... yesterday art our lunch there was 2 people at the bar and only two other tables had people in them...

not to crowded for lunch I would say...

but again, I wish him the best of luck and I will never bring it up again...thanks

Johnny

I can't eat at Outback Steakhouse.
Tough Chicken breast like rubber, the seafood always smells bad and is usually tasteless, the steak is like Sizzler and just looks the part, and the price flirts with $40 a person with 2 beers.

At Roc's everything is special, inspired and fresh cooked, lot's of flavor, a menu that is inspired and prices at a par with the chains.

Not everyplace is for everybody I guess. My family insists we eat at Roc's in route to and from the river and Glamis.

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

Like others mentioned, you can't make everyone happy. I even said that a year ago when John posted he wasn't happy with our place.

We strive to make everybody happy in the hopes of getting the 98% like minikat mentioned.

But I don't remember asking him to try it again though. I do remember saying that we haven't changed in reference to his comment about "mabe they've changed since I went in last". Like I said to him a year ago, ROC's ain't the place for everybody. Never will be.

We do what we do because it works for us. We've been doing the same thing for over ten years now.

On a daily basis, lots of restaurant workers come in after their shifts at other restaurants. Fun times for sure.

Those of you that enjoy it...........that's what makes us happy. :thumbsup:D Mission accomplished.

Those folks that don't like it.........that's ok too. There's a restaurant out there for everyone. :thumbsup

I know how John feels, there's a couple places out here that I just don't like either. As a result, I don't go to these places.;)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I usually take the 40 to Havasu. But I have started taken the 10 on the way home to stop at ROCS. Roland has been there twice..:D Are you still open for breakfast on the weekend. The french toast is worth the drive. :thumbsup

42johnny

Reaction score
Thanks fellas.

Like others mentioned, you can't make everyone happy. I even said that a year ago when John posted he wasn't happy with our place.

We strive to make everybody happy in the hopes of getting the 98% like minikat mentioned.

But I don't remember asking him to try it again though. I do remember saying that we haven't changed in reference to his comment about "mabe they've changed since I went in last". Like I said to him a year ago, ROC's ain't the place for everybody. Never will be.

We do what we do because it works for us. We've been doing the same thing for over ten years now.

On a daily basis, lots of restaurant workers come in after their shifts at other restaurants. Fun times for sure.

Those of you that enjoy it...........that's what makes us happy. :thumbsup:D Mission accomplished.

Those folks that don't like it.........that's ok too. There's a restaurant out there for everyone. :thumbsup

I know how John feels, there's a couple places out here that I just don't like either. As a result, I don't go to these places.;)

Thanks ROC...

I agree you can't please all.

They place was very clean and service was great. I wish you nothing but the best

Johnny

RaceTec

Reaction score
The place was great! I was hungover as hell and the food hit the spot! Great service and GREAT food!!! Very happy! We will be stopping every time we drive by that way!!!

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
...my problem with ROC's...it's not in Havasu. Woke up hungover one morning and decided to take the PBC Team to lunch at this place I've been hearing so many good things about. After about 1/2 hour of driving around Havasu asking people if they had heard about it, we realized it's not in Havasu!

...still can't wait to try it.