WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

The Power Of RD's place,...............and "howardflatty"......................

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
once AGAIN, bailed out by a board member :cool: this time, "howardflatty" pulled my ass outta the fire :thumbsup I came up thursday nite, on the water with a couple of the kids friday morning at 6:30 am, scored us a beach, a good one, and waited for the rest of my peeps to show up. Saturday morning cruised by the launch at takeoff point, my nephew Tommy, the fireman, was sitting on the ramp with 2 dead batteries :( I had my battery pack & got him going, got back over to the beach, unloaded, ALL the kids now ready to go skiing and the boat will not start even with the battery pack. So we pull the batteries, off to the battery store, EZ fix :thumbsup I JUST get back to the beach, my nephew Ryan calls, "my impellar just took a dump :( Before I can get to him, somebody has already towed him to the launch ramp, I tell him, "just go dump it in the garage, we got 2 running boats, no worries :thumbsup " an then I think, MAYBE Cody ( howardflatty ) is working today, saturday. It's 10:30 am by now, I call Cody, tell him our situation an he say's, "bring it over, I'll get you back on the water before sundown :D:thumbsup:champagne:

True to his word, he calls me at about 6:00 pm, sez the boat is R E A D Y :thumbsup did a full service, impellar, all filters and oil change at way more than a fair price :cool: I seriously doubt we coulda found anybody else to do this deal with this short of notice.

Thanks Cody :thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Cody has definately been stepping up his game lately! I've been hearing a lot of possitive feedback from people that have been using him lately.

RD

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Cody has definately been stepping up his game lately! I've been hearing a lot of possitive feedback from people that have been using him lately.

RD

Stepping up his game ? :D AFTER I left your place, I called Cody an told him my outdrive would NOT go back down after I put it on the trailer yesterday, I was just gonna ask him to take a look at it NEXT time cuz it's sooooooooooooooo frikin hot right now. He sez he can stop on his way home, comes to MY boatbarn with his work truck, finds a dead solenoid on the outdrive motor, and ask's me how long we're gonna be here :eek: WTF
..........He JUST left here 5 minutes ago, replaced the solenoid, found a tripped breaker on the trim tab switches ( I REALLY ) did NOT want to ask him to check it out as the tabs were in a good running posistion and did I mention IT"S H O T here ? :D he crawled down in the engine compartment did the R&R an charged me $60 TOTAL ( solenoid was $30 ).............................I gave him $80......NOT cause I'm a swell fella, cuz he showed up at MY place ........ when I called him.....and did I mention it's miserably H O T here :D

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
NOT cause I'm a swell fella, cuz he showed up at MY place ........ when I called him.....and did I mention it's miserably H O T here :D

Skiskier ~ your kinda cute!

Hey is it hot there?:D

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
:D

Skiskier ~ your kinda cute!

Hey is it hot there?:D

just blew thru desert center 30 minutes ago,.................was 107 degrees :eek:................just now dropping down into Indio, 103

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
maybe cody should post his contact info on here as I am sure I will need his services along with others sometime in the future.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
maybe cody should post his contact info on here as I am sure I will need his services along with others sometime in the future.

Cody Goodman, precision marine, his shop is up in lakeside 5, he does make "house calls" (909) 230 0880 cell phone...... The kid has come thru for me & mine 3 times now, thus far I have nothing but good to say for him :thumbsup:D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
he's always done right by me as well. :) He put my Schiada in the water for my dad a couple times.. Filled it up, put it in, had it washed and put it away. :)

RD

mitch6601

HMFIC
Reaction score
What a great assest to have in parker. Does he belong to the board and does he know how much we all appreaciate him? I put his name and number in my cell...when your having problems in parker with your boat it can seem like a really lonely place. Good to know there is someone local.

fishing fool

Reaction score
What a great assest to have in parker. Does he belong to the board and does he know how much we all appreaciate him? I put his name and number in my cell...when your having problems in parker with your boat it can seem like a really lonely place. Good to know there is someone local.

I did the same. Thanks for the info.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I think he knows.

RD

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
I was under the impression that PMM went out of business. :confused:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was under the impression that PMM went out of business. :confused:

I think that PMM isn't doing full rigging for awhile. (Or for all I know maybe the actual name PMM isn't around anymore? I dunno)

Last I heard Cody is working for other shops in town doing piece work.. Services, etc.. He also still does services, and repair as his own gig.

RD

BadBlown572

A/B Team Liaison
Reaction score
I think that PMM isn't doing full rigging for awhile. (Or for all I know maybe the actual name PMM isn't around anymore? I dunno)

Last I heard Cody is working for other shops in town doing piece work.. Services, etc.. He also still does services, and repair as his own gig.

RD

Interesting. Thats good to know. :headscratch::hmm

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Cody Goodman, precision marine, his shop is up in lakeside 5, he does make "house calls" (909) 230 0880 cell phone...... The kid has come thru for me & mine 3 times now, thus far I have nothing but good to say for him :thumbsup:D

Next time you are at the shop, ask Ted to show you pix of when he worked for Carol Shelby, Ted worked on the first 427 Cobra.

Cody is a nice guy, when Taf had problems with his boat, Cody took the time to check it out. :thumbsup

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Next time you are at the shop, ask Ted to show you pix of when he worked for Carol Shelby, Ted worked on the first 427 Cobra.

Cody is a nice guy, when Taf had problems with his boat, Cody took the time to check it out. :thumbsup

Hey Wheeler, you back in Parker ? AS I said, Cody came over to MY place, crawled down into the engine compartment an replaced the solenoid on the outdrive, at 3:00 pm when it was 117 degrees outside :eek: My metal boat barn HAD to be 125 degrees :eek: :thumbsup
in my book, that goes wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond "nice guy" :D He was wearing an old pmm t shirt, so I just assumed ....................I don't know IF I got special treatment cuz I told him I was an RDP'er or not ? It never hurts to throe RD"s name around though :D

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
It never hurts to throe RD"s name around though :D

Unless you are trying to get a good seat at the Yardhouse. :champagne:

I am still in the Oc., I thinking of going to Blythe on Friday. :eek:

ColeTR2

Reaction score

RD

Dave True.... He is working for a big boat shop in town 9 to 5. Cody was solely DBA PMM rigging boats. He is no longer rigging boats as PMM. It's sad he's not doing any more rigging / machine work. He was doing some nice work and there was a lot of people trying to help him succeed at rigging. The last time I talked to Cody he said he was doing side work / mobile boat repair out of his service truck. He is well liked by everyone up and down the river. I'm sure that will keep him busy. Knowing Cody if he has the time to help you he will. Call him on his cell it's the same number that PMM was ( 909 ) 230-0880 or drop him an E-Mail [email protected]