Reaction score
20241012_115024.jpg
20241012_103852.jpg
157309.jpeg

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
A couple I missed
I noticed that you have cowling scoops on your 450R's. I am considering putting a set on my 300R and I am familiar with the Bishop vents but don't really want to cut into my cowling to that extent. Would you be willing to share what scoops you have and what performance gains you have experienced?

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I noticed that you have cowling scoops on your 450R's. I am considering putting a set on my 300R and I am familiar with the Bishop vents but don't really want to cut into my cowling to that extent. Would you be willing to share what scoops you have and what performance gains you have experienced?
The boat had them installed when I bought it. Not really sure about the ganes. I do like sucking air from the front for less water reversion.

I will say anything you can do to get dry, clean air in the engine will never hurt. Outboards have notoriously been pulling water off the back of the cowling .

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
The boat had them installed when I bought it. Not really sure about the ganes. I do like sucking air from the front for less water reversion.

I will say anything you can do to get dry, clean air in the engine will never hurt. Outboards have notoriously been pulling water off the back of the cowling .
Thank you. I was just reading that DCB have been making their own scoops. I'll give them a call and see what I can find out.