Reaction score
Texas people like having a good time.

🖕 the masks LOL.

6F6B7080-AA87-43D3-8A09-A9978C74AD93.jpeg

D71437EE-0BD9-4AE3-B7D2-B667ADE4C1C8.jpeg

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I agree. Thanks for putting it out there like that.

Just one more Point, speaking of Not everyone happy with your decision.

The Only One the most Important One you need to keep "On Board" is your Bride/Partner your "TEAMMATE" :cool:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just one more Point, speaking of Not everyone happy with your decision.

The Only One the most Important One you need to keep "On Board" is your Bride/Partner your "TEAMMATE" :cool:

Wife is on board. She has said let’s move and I can travel back to the office weekly.

I’m not so sure. I know people to do it, it just could get old quick.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Just got back from a week-long visit to Texas and OK. Damn, I love it. We checked out a few areas, took a few drives with the locals, and are getting on the waiting list for a home in Canyon Falls. Apparently, there are over 60 people waiting for two homesites for the two Highland Homes we like. The other homesite for the Drees model we like may be a little out of our price range unless things really line up. Progress.

Ps. Holy crap can it rain in OK. We had one day with 45 mins of rain and a tornado warning. Unlucky for me, my buddy and I were out getting the women wine and some whiskey for us. Couldn't see crap.

DIA, did you get pre-approved without a job in TX?

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just got back from a week-long visit to Texas and OK. Damn, I love it. We checked out a few areas, took a few drives with the locals, and are getting on the waiting list for a home in Canyon Falls. Apparently, there are over 60 people waiting for two homesites for the two Highland Homes we like. The other homesite for the Drees model we like may be a little out of our price range unless things really line up. Progress.

Ps. Holy crap can it rain in OK. We had one day with 45 mins of rain and a tornado warning. Unlucky for me, my buddy and I were out getting the women wine and some whiskey for us. Couldn't see crap.

DIA, did you get pre-approved without a job in TX?

We felt the same when we left a week ago. Really liked it, and felt really good with our homesite purchase.

North of Texas is a bit different from the southern, once near the OK boarder lot more tornado watches going on. None the less, Tx weather will change quickly no matter where you are located.

As for me, I'm moving the business. As for my land loan I went though RFBCU credit union as they had better land rates than what was given by the developer. It took a bit longer to get as I needed to establish a residence in TX, that cost $15 or $20 to the local school PTA...... Once done I was in, lol.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
We felt the same when we left a week ago. Really liked it, and felt really good with our homesite purchase.

North of Texas is a bit different from the southern, once near the OK boarder lot more tornado watches going on. None the less, Tx weather will change quickly no matter where you are located.

As for me, I'm moving the business. As for my land loan I went though RFBCU credit union as they had better land rates than what was given by the developer. It took a bit longer to get as I needed to establish a residence in TX, that cost $15 or $20 to the local school PTA...... Once done I was in, lol.
Interesting move on the local school PTA. I'll see if there are any tricks the realtors have as the pre-approval will move us up the list.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just booked spring break for Texas.... I have some commercial property viewings and a home builder interview.. I'm really feeling left out with @Xtrmwakeboarder and @Music to my Ears already pushing forward...

Anyways we also booked the Tejas Rodeo for 3/19, kids are excited and will be my first "Texas" rodeo...seen the flying U long ago. @Ace in the Hole have you done this one?

Then visiting family, will be a busy 7 days.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Just booked spring break for Texas.... I have some commercial property viewings and a home builder interview.. I'm really feeling left out with @Xtrmwakeboarder and @Music to my Ears already pushing forward...

Anyways we also booked the Tejas Rodeo for 3/19, kids are excited and will be my first "Texas" rodeo...seen the flying U long ago. @Ace in the Hole have you done this one?

About time! Get moving....

Are you driving out again, or flying this time? Hopefully, you can close and move on to the next stage. Good luck!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

It is a very cool venue. This time of year you have a lot of rodeo's. Austin is coming up, San Antonio just finished, and Houston just started. All the small town/small venue stuff starts picking up as well. I've essentially already packed out of Texas but will be there monthly for the foreseeable future. That whole region has soooo many hidden gems it isn't funny as far as stuff to do. If you don't finalize a builder soon lmk, I can touch base with my old bankers at Jefferson and Broadway to see who they recommend that can deliver..

Done-it-again

Reaction score
About time! Get moving....

Are you driving out again, or flying this time? Hopefully, you can close and move on to the next stage. Good luck!
Flying out of LAX to Austin. San Antonio was more expensive. Working on it, might have to lower expectations on a commercial property as that is first then the house.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
It is a very cool venue. This time of year you have a lot of rodeo's. Austin is coming up, San Antonio just finished, and Houston just started. All the small town/small venue stuff starts picking up as well. I've essentially already packed out of Texas but will be there monthly for the foreseeable future. That whole region has soooo many hidden gems it isn't funny as far as stuff to do. If you don't finalize a builder soon lmk, I can touch base with my old bankers at Jefferson and Broadway to see who they recommend that can deliver..
Appreciate the offer. I’m hoping the commercial goes well. Then I can put effort towards the home.

Looking forward to the rodeo. Will probably stick out like a sore thumb. Once we move there I’m looking forward to getting hats and boots.

WYRD

Reaction score
Appreciate the offer. I’m hoping the commercial goes well. Then I can put effort towards the home.

Looking forward to the rodeo. Will probably stick out like a sore thumb. Once we move there I’m looking forward to getting hats and boots.
Stay true...ballcap and tennis shoes 😁

Good luck in the search. 2028ish for us

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
Good luck with the search and keep us posted! The rodeo sounds like a good time.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Stay true...ballcap and tennis shoes 😁

Good luck in the search. 2028ish for us
I hate to say it but you are right on this lol, nothing makes you stick out more than a brand new pair of shiny boots, and a cheap tractor supply cowboy hat to compliment that California accent lol🤣

The term "goat roper" gets thrown around in those situations...you don't want to be dressed up like the Marlboro man

just to add..straw hats are Memorial to Labor Day, Felt hats are never worn in the summer with few exceptions...lol. Square toe boots > all IMO.

Last edited:

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I hate to say it but you are right on this lol, nothing makes you stick out more than a brand new pair of shiny boots, and a cheap tractor supply cowboy hat to compliment that California accent lol🤣

The term "goat roper" gets thrown around in those situations...you don't want to be dressed up like the Marlboro man

just to add..straw hats are Memorial to Labor Day, Felt hats are never worn in the summer with few exceptions...lol. Square toe boots > all IMO.
Back to the future.png

Me when I move.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I've always liked my jeans and anything that burns that burns petroleum. the only think I'll admit to that I do different in Texas is I love my boots!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I've always liked my jeans and anything that burns that burns petroleum. the only think I'll admit to that I do different in Texas is I love my boots!

Boots become a very expensive addiction.... Ostrich, Cayman, snake, etc etc etc. Cavanders is a bad place for me to walk into lol

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Luckenbach today. also stopped by Fredericksburg for some grub afterwards, sadly the place has been overrun by wineries.
20220326_160402.jpg
20220326_162252.jpg
20220326_175159.jpg

And the Nimitz museum was closed again....

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Luckenbach today. also stopped by Fredericksburg for some grub afterwards, sadly the place has been overrun by wineries. A View attachment 1100465 View attachment 1100466
Luckenbach will always be one of my favorite places...CASH ONLY lol...but they finally added an ATM. Yea the winery influx is kinda ridiculous... There is one down there that I'll have to find the name that has a double decker London bus at for a serving counter that I would recommend..has horses etc that walk around.

12 fox brewing company is an awesome place...especially with kids (4700 W Fitzhugh Rd, Dripping Springs, TX 78620)..

Done-it-again

Reaction score
How was the trip, what's the latest?
Have a couple of back up offers on some land, but don’t have high hopes.

There is one building that has been locked upped keeping the renters out for being delinquent. Could be promising, was only able to view the out side so have no idea what it looks like inside. In the meantime we keep looking.

The more we go the more we understand the areas and hopefully we are able to pull the trigger quicker as things are not lasting long.

The good news. We settled on a home builder and will start the design process as it takes 3-4 months. Once that is completed we can pause on the build or roll right into. It all depends when we find a piece of land or an existing building for the business.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Have a couple of back up offers on some land, but don’t have high hopes.

There is one building that has been locked upped keeping the renters out for being delinquent. Could be promising, was only able to view the out side so have no idea what it looks like inside. In the meantime we keep looking.

The more we go the more we understand the areas and hopefully we are able to pull the trigger quicker as things are not lasting long.

The good news. We settled on a home builder and will start the design process as it takes 3-4 months. Once that is completed we can pause on the build or roll right into. It all depends when we find a piece of land or an existing building for the business.
Progress. Who did you end up choosing for the homebuilder? That's going to be a fun process.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Progress. Who did you end up choosing for the homebuilder? That's going to be a fun process.
G.Morris homes. I’ve never seen so many “home” builders before. It’s mind blowing and hopefully you don’t pick a crap one. In our community alone there about 20 or so different builders building in there. Crazy.

G. Morris was recommended from one of my wife’s friends that had moved to TX 3 years ago. They didn’t build with them, but friends of there’s just completed one and had great reviews.

We meet with them 2 different days, once in the office and the 2nd looking at builds in different stages. They do about 25-30 homes a year. Also spent an hr with one of their super intendants. Great guy and a straight shooter, tells it like it is and I like that.

Basically that 2nd day sealed the deal.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It’s mind blowing and hopefully you don’t pick a crap one. In our community alone there about 20 or so different builders building in there.

There are no contractor licenses in texas outside of a handful of trades..(electrical hvac plumbing). Any tom dick or harry can be a contractor there which is kind of an issue but they won't deal with it. It's part of why I chose to leave as a chunk of my value is licensing/eligibility etc. Idk that builder but knowing what I know of construction in texas I would NOT be an absent client and I would have a third party inspector there before drywall goes in etc...It may cost you a few hundred bucks but it's worth it.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
G.Morris homes. I’ve never seen so many “home” builders before. It’s mind blowing and hopefully you don’t pick a crap one. In our community alone there about 20 or so different builders building in there. Crazy.

G. Morris was recommended from one of my wife’s friends that had moved to TX 3 years ago. They didn’t build with them, but friends of there’s just completed one and had great reviews.

We meet with them 2 different days, once in the office and the 2nd looking at builds in different stages. They do about 25-30 homes a year. Also spent an hr with one of their super intendants. Great guy and a straight shooter, tells it like it is and I like that.

Basically that 2nd day sealed the deal.

Those look extremely nice! Congrats! Excited to see the progress.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
There are no contractor licenses in texas outside of a handful of trades..(electrical hvac plumbing). Any tom dick or harry can be a contractor there which is kind of an issue but they won't deal with it. It's part of why I chose to leave as a chunk of my value is licensing/eligibility etc. Idk that builder but knowing what I know of construction in texas I would NOT be an absent client and I would have a third party inspector there before drywall goes in etc...It may cost you a few hundred bucks but it's worth it.
Hence the amount of builders. We could have gone with a production builder (let’s say Perry) and they are crap, and finish work is non existent.

We can travel back and forth no problem, it’s a quick flight and cheap enough if you are only spending 1 or 2 days (without the kids, lol)

I will for sure get a 3rd inspector on the big days. The builder has a portal to view for updates etc, like procore for updates and issues that we can follow. Best case scenario is that we are already in tx when we start to build.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Luckenbach today. also stopped by Fredericksburg for some grub afterwards, sadly the place has been overrun by wineries. View attachment 1100465 View attachment 1100466 View attachment 1100467

And the Nimitz museum was closed again....
Was going to hit Fredericksburg on Friday, but needed to go back to San Antoino area to look at another building and didn’t want to drive anymore. The day before we toured the Blue Bell factory

Did stop in Guene for a later lunch and that’s cool place. Did see Ray Wylie Hubbard at the hall as he was on the radio their and was going to perform later. Pretty cool.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Was going to hit Fredericksburg on Friday, but needed to go back to San Antoino area to look at another building and didn’t want to drive anymore. The day before we toured the Blue Bell factory

Did stop in Guene for a later lunch and that’s cool place. Did see Ray Wylie Hubbard at the hall as he was on the radio their and was going to perform later. Pretty cool.
I figured you would be pretty active on your build... Gruene hall has a wealth of talent that pass through its doors pretty regularly it's probably my favorite spot in the area.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I figured you would be pretty active on your build... Gruene hall has a wealth of talent that pass through its doors pretty regularly it's probably my favorite spot in the area.

Didn’t know the place existed, just want to find something to eat and have a bit of scenery. Then when we arrive it was this cool place a few miles from the hustle and bustle. If we didn’t have kids we would have stayed. Going to keep this place in mind to check every time we head back to catch a good show.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Didn’t know the place existed, just want to find something to eat and have a bit of scenery. Then when we arrive it was this cool place a few miles from the hustle and bustle. If we didn’t have kids we would have stayed. Going to keep this place in mind to check every time we head back to catch a good show.
https://gruenehall.com you can see their calendar and buy tickets via the site for some of the concerts. The hill country is full of dance halls/ice houses that you'll find over time.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Had our first architect meeting today... Went over style, ideas, needs, wants.....

Next is a lot survey so we can design the home foot print to fit the lot and keep most of the natural setting.

Also doing a zoom walk thru on a commercial property tomorrow that is a off market sale... We shall see...

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Flew to tx this morning for a commercial property. Only here for 16 hrs and then fly out.

No damn rental cars available so I tired Turo.

Not bad. 22’ M550. I can get used to this.

Attachments

• 7EAEE572-86A1-4E02-839A-E0AD345E89F2.jpeg
    7EAEE572-86A1-4E02-839A-E0AD345E89F2.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 763E04CC-55E6-4AD2-B1D2-198E116BE5FF.jpeg
    763E04CC-55E6-4AD2-B1D2-198E116BE5FF.jpeg
    535.9 KB · Views: 32