WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Teryx has room for 1 extra battery, which?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
So I am finally getting around to putting some audio in the farm toy, had the stuff for about 3 months, but, well, you know.
This is not real high end stuff, just some tunes for now.
The Kenwood Deck is in the glovebox in a little mount I made.
Going with Alpine componenet 6's, mid/lows in the pods on kickpanels and tweets in the dash for some sort of soundstage.
A 300 watt 4ch Alpine Amp.
Some as yet undetermined 6x9s in the back. This is a 2 seater with a 4 seat cage. 2008.
I may add some lights to the front, nothing major, but stringing some wire while I have the thing torn apart.

I've moved the electronics box forward, and the stock battery forward next to it. I can probably fit a yellow Optima in there, but am wondering if the Odyssey or Stinger or Kenetic is a better way to go for life cycle, re-charge time and output time. The battery is not going to be hooked to the engine charging system, I'll charge it in camp. Isolated main bat makes me feel better when we are 30-40 miles from camp, Ya know, LOL
Any suggestions?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
So I am finally getting around to putting some audio in the farm toy, had the stuff for about 3 months, but, well, you know.
This is not real high end stuff, just some tunes for now.
The Kenwood Deck is in the glovebox in a little mount I made.
Going with Alpine componenet 6's, mid/lows in the pods on kickpanels and tweets in the dash for some sort of soundstage.
A 300 watt 4ch Alpine Amp.
Some as yet undetermined 6x9s in the back. This is a 2 seater with a 4 seat cage. 2008.
I may add some lights to the front, nothing major, but stringing some wire while I have the thing torn apart.

I've moved the electronics box forward, and the stock battery forward next to it. I can probably fit a yellow Optima in there, but am wondering if the Odyssey or Stinger or Kenetic is a better way to go for life cycle, re-charge time and output time. The battery is not going to be hooked to the engine charging system, I'll charge it in camp. Isolated main bat makes me feel better when we are 30-40 miles from camp, Ya know, LOL
Any suggestions?

I have a similar set up in my rhino....

2 6.5" polk momos, 2 6x9 momos in pods, 10" kicker under the seat. I powered it with a 400 watt 4 channel and run it off a blue top optima.

I can run the stereo all weekend long without charging and I do have an isolator going over to the factory battery. (Not sure it works and I could have saved the extra $75...lol)

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
we use the pc 1200 by Odyssey and we can run a sound system for 6 hours straight before chargeing...

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
we use the pc 1200 by Odyssey and we can run a sound system for 6 hours straight before chargeing...

Can you use a standard type charger on the Odyssey or must you use theirs?
Thanks for the info, gents.

SSVworks

Reaction score
Where are you mounting the speakers? ( btw, we are an Alpine distributor)

we have our standard mount pods and our NEW high mount upper pods.
www.ssvworks.com
standard:
TX-FKP65_installa.jpg

and the Upper mount pods mount directly about the standard ones, you could technically run both if you wanted too.
TX-FUP65.png
TX-FUP65_detail1.png

And, this is what we do for batteries with a disconnect for charging
DSC02593-470x345.jpg

Trevor

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Where are you mounting the speakers? ( btw, we are an Alpine distributor)

we have our standard mount pods and our NEW high mount upper pods.
www.ssvworks.com
standard:
TX-FKP65_installa.jpg

and the Upper mount pods mount directly about the standard ones, you could technically run both if you wanted too.
TX-FUP65.png
TX-FUP65_detail1.png

And, this is what we do for batteries with a disconnect for charging
DSC02593-470x345.jpg

Trevor

Hard to go wrong with a SSV kit for a turn key banging system....:cool:

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
Trevor , when you going to be a sponsor on RDP ???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If someone wants too, that's on them.. I don't want too leverage anybody into becoming one.

RD

Mr Wicked

Reaction score
i need to get some pics for my files.. then we can post pics for you

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Want me to post some installs of your product?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Trevor, you shipped a set of the high-mount pods to Chris at Tunes for U in Grass Valley last week, those are mine.
Got them in and happy wth them.
No pics as of yet, RD, when it is all finished I will get some up.
I like the side mount twins under the seat, might go this way when I get done pouring money into my truck.
New turbo, I/C, etc, etc....

Last edited:

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the newer high mounts INSTALLED. I have a set of four sitting at the paint shop. I'd be interested in the higher set and selling off the low ones. Mine are primered right now if anyone needs a set.

SSVworks

Reaction score
Trevor, you shipped a set of the high-mount pods to Chris at Tunes for U in Grass Valley last week, those are mine.
Got them in and happy wth them.
No pics as of yet, RD, when it is all finished I will get some up.
I like the side mount twins under the seat, might go this way when I get done pouring money into my truck.
New turbo, I/C, etc, etc....

Awesome, glad you like em... Chris is a good guy. Post pics... Show em :boobeyes:

Trevor

SSVworks

Reaction score
Do you have any pics of the newer high mounts INSTALLED. I have a set of four sitting at the paint shop. I'd be interested in the higher set and selling off the low ones. Mine are primered right now if anyone needs a set.

I got some installed pics. stand by, i'll reduce and post.....

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Guys I don't have any, I will try to get some this weekend if they are still needed.
I went with Alpine 6.5 Components, mounted the mids in the pods and the tweets I mounted up in the dash to take advantage of soundstaging a bit.
I know, it is a UTV, but I am anal...
Rears to come later.