WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Temu, Alibaba, AliExpress

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Who has purchased things from any of these "Chinese Amazon" types? Quality Good, Ok or as expected? Someone give me some actual experience they've had with them
I get sketched out when thinking about buying something from these outlets. 🤷‍♂️

Roosky01

Reaction score
My wife has bought stuff from TEMU like T-shirts, tops, shorts, sundresses, etc. She orders a shit pile and tries it all on and sends back 25-50% of the stuff usually. The quality is hit or miss, some items are really good and others are comical, but all the stuff is priced dirt cheap. She has never had an issue with a TEMU order and I wouldn't be afraid to use them.

Personally, I have no experience with the Ali sites, but am scared of using them.

boatpi

Reaction score
U can get screwed, friend purchased $400 in small electronics from Alibabba. All knock off all defective, no return he got screwed. Just like pos Amazon, NO, and I mean NO warranty. These Chinese sellers set up in walnut ca, seek shot for a few months and skip town. And u are holding the bag. I know, I got screwed out of 900 for a bander. eBay is guaranteed, they even sell Allstate policy for some electronics.

sirbob

Reaction score
I’ve bought a few things - all were surprisingly good for the price.

I would spend more than a few hundred however - my mind set is aways if I use a credit card and it’s not when I expected, I’ll dispute it with the card co.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
We use Temu quite a bit.
Like others have said it can be hit or miss.
Don't buy any expensive stuff. Things like velcro, magic eraser, double sided tape are all good
Usually get the order in a week. If it's late they give you $5 credit
If something isn't right they give you instant credit and keep the item.
I only had to send an allen set back and they sent me a wrong one again and gave me a credit and told me to keep it.
You can't beat $5 shirts especially for work. Wife has had good luck with hers too
Just got my Route 66 shirt lol
temu.jpg

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Temu is relatively new… Stumbled on them when I get out of the hospital… Have been using them for over a year now and I’ve had great luck and great prices… There is no way I could’ve gone to a store myself when I got out of the hospital… Temu seemed to have everything I needed for around the house…
… I have also gotten some really good clothes from them plus assorted other things…

… But… And there’s always a but… Temu has started to get big… And they are offering a much larger product line… Five out of the last things that I ordered were not as expected… I got credited the money back, but now I have these things sitting in my house in boxes and don’t really know what to do with them…🤷🏽‍♀️

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I'v'e only been screwed by Temu. Aliexpress has been solid for me.

BingerFang

Reaction score
I’ve been buying stuff off Alibaba for a long time and never had any issues.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lots of info out there about the cybersecurity risks of having the Temu app on your phone. I'll pass.
I think this is the thing that sketches me out the most about these sites...security.
Hense, the whole reason for the thread to find some personal experiences.

white tortilla

Reaction score
i know a builder who bought 4 apartment buildings worth of windows off of Alibaba. I have similar puchasing needs but keep it stateside for procurement as CA is very strict on energy calcs and exterior leaks are a builders largest exposure after completion. I can say though he never had any issues which blew my mind. I think he paid about 20% of the alternate Milgard pricing.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I wouldn't use Temu for data security reasons. I would never put that app (or Tik Tok) on my phone. I have bought knives and cooking utensils off Allie Express (from their website, not an app). There were good quality. The trick there is to really look at each item. Some look the same, but are very low quality.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
if I want to buy cheap Chinese goods, I’ll buy it off Amazon like god intended.

But generally I’m a brand snob.
Quality never goes out of style.