WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Tacos on the Water

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
I’ve been watching him work on his boat at his house for a while now. Glad he finally set sail. Has anyone tried the tacos? I hope it’s a successful business venture for him.

IMG_5916.jpeg

Rondog4405

Reaction score
He should sit tomorrow out.. could be chumming the lake with tacos.. 😆

JFMFG

Reaction score
I wanna try. Think we are gonna head to pirate tomorrow

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I thought I’d have one this weekend.. then the boss changed her mind? lol
If needed Dave….My boss can launch you and your boss to get out to try some tacos. Just let me know. I’d like to be out on the water but if this is the way that it goes down so be it….. 😆 😆 😆 😆

Tank

Reaction score
Saw them on the water first week of April. 👍 And see it on Acoma

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I live 1K miles away and even I’ve seen this thing on the water. That said, I’ve never seen a single taco served, but I did see it loose its dingy one day. 🤷‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If needed Dave….My boss can launch you and your boss to get out to try some tacos. Just let me know. I’d like to be out on the water but if this is the way that it goes down so be it….. 😆 😆 😆 😆

Supposed to be 30-40 mph winds tomorrow?

attitude

Reaction score
It would be great if they traveled to different spots and found beachs or maybe the sandbar where people could walk up and eat standing but zero chance I would eat a taco or let people eat a taco in my boat.
The beach or sandbar would be a cool idea. The side of the boat says they deliver into the channel so you might be in luck.

Tiff928

Reaction score
The traffic in the channel is already a mess!
Soggy tacos! Yum
Where do they cook them at?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
He launches it with an F-150................................
and it looks like its screaming when its headed down the road!

WildWilly

Reaction score
And getting it back in his.driveway on acoma is a solid 10 minute backup

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Where I live…….

All the food boats have a delivery kid on a small tender. The kid will boat all around the sandbar handing out menus and taking orders.

This appears to be a tuff business.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
If its priced right, I think thats a killer idea. Holiday weekends may be quiet a wait though if only 1 or 2 delivery people.

Id imagine a fleet of 6 or so zodiacs running around Thompson Bay and the channel delivering orders would kill it. The zodiacs would eliminate most of the concern of an inexperienced kid running into another boat but yet big and sturdy enough to take a few orders with them at once.

DanG

Reaction score
Here is my experience about 4 weeks ago.

He was anchored out in Thompson Bay and there was a guy walking the channel with a walkie talkie and handing out cards with the website and phone number, but said you have to order on line.

The boater that was parked next to me pulled the taco guy aside and said he was shorted tacos on his order the previous day. The guy said no problem, called it in on the walkie and sent him some tacos to make up for the mistake.

I placed an order on line and ordered one supreme burrito and two orders of the three tacos. The menu is very limited and they only offer shredded beef as far as meat.

About 40 minutes later, they delivered in the channel to my swim step using a little zodiac.

They ended up shorting me 3 tacos on the delivery.

Tacos were okay. The shredded beef was kind of bland and the chopped onions were red onions so a little different.

The burrito also had lettuce and rice with carrots and peas, which was not listed as an ingredient so caught me off guard and I was not a fan of the rice.

I called the number on the card and left a message explaining they had shorted me three tacos, just like they did the day before to the guy parked next to me. To my surprise, the guy called me back and said he would send them right out. I watched the zodiac boat go by delivering to other boats but no tacos for me. After 45 minutes or so the guy called me again and asked if I had received my tacos, which I had not. He asked what kind of boat I had and confirmed where I was parked. Another 45 minutes went by and he called again and said his guy couldn't find my boat. At that point, I told him not to worry about it as we were pulling off soon.

Overall, would give it 2 stars based mostly on convenience. Though I was shorted tacos, I give the guy credit for at least calling me back multiple times and trying to make it right. At least he made it seem like he was trying to make it right.

My personal opinion, I will skip the taco boat in the future and continue ordering from Papa Leone's for the times we don't pack a lunch or are out late and need some grub in the channel. Papa Leone's pizza, salads, and sandwiches are always good.

Here is the menu, for those interested.

1715818963001.png

Last edited:

JFMFG

Reaction score
Here is my experience about 4 weeks ago.

He was anchored out in Thompson Bay and there was a guy walking the channel with a walkie talkie and handing out cards with the website and phone number, but said you have to order on line.

The boater that was parked next to me pulled the taco guy aside and said he was shorted tacos on his order the previous day. The guy said no problem, called it in on the walkie and sent him some tacos to make up for the mistake.

I placed an order on line and ordered one supreme burrito and two orders of the three tacos. The menu is very limited and they only offer shredded beef as far as meat.

About 40 minutes later, they delivered in the channel to my swim step using a little zodiac.

They ended up shorting me 3 tacos on the delivery.

Tacos were okay. The shredded beef was kind of bland and the chopped onions were red onions so a little different.

The burrito also had lettuce and rice with carrots and peas, which was not listed as an ingredient so caught me off guard and I was not a fan of the rice.

I called the number on the card and left a message explaining they had shorted me three tacos, just like they did the day before to the guy parked next to me. To my surprise, the guy called me back and said he would send them right out. I watched the zodiac boat go by delivering to other boats but no tacos for me. After 45 minutes or so the guy called me again and asked if I had received my tacos, which I had not. He asked what kind of boat I had and confirmed where I was parked. Another 45 minutes went by and he called again and said his guy couldn't find my boat. At that point, I told him not to worry about it as we were pulling off soon.

Overall, would give it 2 stars based mostly on convenience. Though I was shorted tacos, I give the guy credit for at least calling me back multiple times and trying to make it right. At least he made it seem like he was trying to make it right.

My personal opinion, I will skip the taco boat in the future and continue ordering from Papa Leone's for the times we don't pack a lunch or are out late and need some grub in the channel. Papa Leone's pizza, salads, and sandwiches are always good.

Here is the menu, for those interested.

View attachment 1374639
Papa Leon’s is bomb but a royal PIA to get them on the phone

havasuhusker

Reaction score
This guy could make a killing w/a few small changes to the food and attention to detail.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Grew up on a catering truck, so easy to make a bomb taco or burrito with a limited menu like that, not even sure how people who make something that they think may taste good but isn't. someone had to tell them it isn't good. Not sure this is the case with this place, haven't tried it.