WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Symphony Of The Sea cruise ship? Insane!!

havasujeeper

Reaction score
I will confess my favorite cruise is to Alaska, and my favorite ship like for this cruise is the Celebrity Cruise Line. Try to avoid the normal 7 day up and down with the normal Juneau, Ketchican, Skagway stops. Spend a few extra bucks and do the 8 Nights Alaska Northern Glacier Cruise, or even longer and extend the trip to include Denali National Park. The grizzlies are really worth seeing up close.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
We are trying to decide which cruise to do. We have considered the Alaska cruise.
I know a lot of people that say the best cruise they've been on was Alaska, I guess it's just not my style. My wife says I exaggerate how bad it was.:D

Taboma

Reaction score
I know a lot of people that say the best cruise they've been on was Alaska, I guess it's just not my style. My wife says I exaggerate how bad it was.:D

Per your previous post, it seems you had a sucky weather window, that doesn't help. We had a few drizzles a couple of days, but usually cleared up. When we helo'd up to the glaciers it was sunny, perfect flying weather. The pilot commented we were fortunate they hadn't been able to fly so far up the glaciers in awhile, so we really got our money's worth. I'm sure weather is a real roll of the dice on that trip. Plus there's also the possibility you missed the scantly clad gals from the tropical cruises :D

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Another tip was if you book the glacier excursion on the ship, it will run you $135 a piece, which is lots of money, especially when you are treating not just your family, but the sister in law's family as well. This includes a bus trip to the glaciers and they provide a sack lunch with a dumb sandwich. We opted to get off the ship, found a local who had an 8 passenger van. He charged us $250 for the entire day, and we passed the ship bus headed to the glacier, spent more time playing on the glacier without the bus loads of tourists, so we had the glacier all to ourselves for nearly an hour. We left there, had a great fried chicken dinner at the driver's sister's house, and afterwards went down to where the salmon were spawning, drove through an area with grizzlies, and took us into town and showed us the hot spots. We saved nearly $800 just for this one decision.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Been on two cruises and would go again. [emoji106] [emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Per your previous post, it seems you had a sucky weather window, that doesn't help. We had a few drizzles a couple of days, but usually cleared up. When we helo'd up to the glaciers it was sunny, perfect flying weather. The pilot commented we were fortunate they hadn't been able to fly so far up the glaciers in awhile, so we really got our money's worth. I'm sure weather is a real roll of the dice on that trip. Plus there's also the possibility you missed the scantly clad gals from the tropical cruises :D
You might have that last part right, plus I won two grand on the Riviera cruise.:D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I’ll tell Stacy to get on it today, and AJ on the dick situation.

As for Alaska my father in law has that lodge up there for the Alaska fix.

If you guys are serious about doing an Alaska cruise i want in. I’ve got a hook up with princess. And the wife has been bugging me to go on a non kid vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk