WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Steaks

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
We don't eat steak very often as the cost has gotten friggin ridiculous for decent meat for us old and poor people (need Fort Rock to deliver up here) ......BUT seeing as though this is our 45th anniversary we splurged......................wildforkfoods.com prime rib eye filets are friggin fantastic. I might eat mine raw it's so damn tender and good.............I'm not much of a believer of online food but this is a good go to

TimeBandit

Reaction score
There is a wild fork retail store near me... I should go!

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We don't eat steak very often as the cost has gotten friggin ridiculous for decent meat for us old and poor people (need Fort Rock to deliver up here) ......BUT seeing as though this is our 45th anniversary we splurged......................wildforkfoods.com prime rib eye filets are friggin fantastic. I might eat mine raw it's so damn tender and good.............I'm not much of a believer of online food but this is a good go to
Hearing lots of good takes about Wildfork.

DLC

Reaction score
IMG_0334.png
IMG_0335.png
This one’s for you!

nice boneless ribeye!

They are awesome!

DLC

Reaction score
Wife was out of town…

went in looking for some pollo asada

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Do they ship it on dry ice or something? 🤔

joecfd1

Reaction score
Got a beautiful prime rib eye from Just Meats LHC this afternoon… going on the bbq shortly.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Party last night...

Went to Stator Brothers and had em grind up top sirloin to make smashed burgers with.

Everyone raved about em! Mission accomplished. 💪

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
one of the things I do not like about southern Utah..................if you want decent beef it's COSTO or the internet.............the crap they sell in the stores is really bad

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
I was reading the reviews on that wild fork foods website.

One said something like...

It's almost as good as a restaurant!

🤣
If only they knew how to cook! I use only my blackstone for the burgers.

rm, what seasoning do you use on your burgers?

I just use garlic salt and fresh ground pepper.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Another vote for Sam's Club.

If I can only hit Costco that's a second best. 1 Dog eats Costco dog food the other 2 Sam's club dog food.

Grocery stores are no comparison. I need to get my freezer setup soon. Then it's half a steer from Joel.

Richard.E

Reaction score
If you were serious about an order from Joel I could figure out a way to get it to you. Or at least to hurricane.

Roosky01

Reaction score
I buy a 1/2 beef from my brother every year and supplement my steaks from Costco. I have no complaints at all with the Costco quality. They are not quite as good as steak from the 1/2, but they are still pretty damn good.

Farm raised beef that you know where it comes from and can go and tell the locker plant exactly how you want it processed is pretty easy here in the Midwest and I feel for you guys out in the beef desert. There isn't a steak I can get in any top shelf restaurant that I can't reproduce just as good or better at home. :cool:

dread Pirate

Reaction score
These folks raise real beef the right way. Shipped to your door from Idaho. They are battling fires right now on their grazing land in Oregon. Good people real food.

DWC

Reaction score
Party last night...

Went to Stator Brothers and had em grind up top sirloin to make smashed burgers with.

Everyone raved about em! Mission accomplished. 💪
Staters is our go to. They’ve been doing thicker cuts on Rib Eyes at ours. Toss em in a cast iron skillet in the BBQ at 450 for a 4 mins a side. As good as any steak house. (Ok, maybe not any, but 95% of them).
Went by Friday and spent $55 for Babybacks, Tri-tip and a Rib-eye. My doc wouldn’t approve but compared to going out 3 days it was a deal. Plus left overs for days.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Raised our own in the 70s… Excellent excellent… But was quite a bit of work…

17 10 Flat

Reaction score
Sam's Club Prime steaks $15-$17.50 for their ribeyes. Much better selection and consistency,
than Costco and other meat markets.
I will agree with this one. Have a Costco and Sam's close by. Only get steaks at Sam's Club.
Next up is Publix supermarket. Publix steak is great. Usually wait for a sale though, little pricer than Sam's.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
There is a wild fork retail store near me... I should go!
there is one right around the corner from my house. my only bitch is EVERYTHING is frozen. makes it a no go on satuday afternoon when i decide i want steak or something. but the stuff i have bought has been good and they do have some "exotics" like Venison, Elk, gator.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
there is one right around the corner from my house. my only bitch is EVERYTHING is frozen.

I think that's kind of the whole marketing plan no waste because they process it and freeze it.

I have dropped a frozen ribeye in the sous vide for two hours then finish it on the grill it comes out okay in a pinch!

TeamGreene

Reaction score
I gotta say that for price and quality it's really hard to beat Costco ribeyes IMO.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I buy a 1/2 beef from my brother every year and supplement my steaks from Costco. I have no complaints at all with the Costco quality. They are not quite as good as steak from the 1/2, but they are still pretty damn good.

Farm raised beef that you know where it comes from and can go and tell the locker plant exactly how you want it processed is pretty easy here in the Midwest and I feel for you guys out in the beef desert. There isn't a steak I can get in any top shelf restaurant that I can't reproduce just as good or better at home. :cool:

That's Exactly how it should be. 👍🏼

It's definitely that way in my house.

Richard.E

Reaction score
If you were serious about an order from Joel I could figure out a way to get it to you. Or at least to hurricane.
To reiterate if anyone in southern Utah wants some of Joel’s meat I have family I see regularly in southern Utah and havasu. More than happy to facilitate transporting for anyone.