WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Springfield/ Mike Davis

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So i saw the post from RiverDave and asked it to be deleted.

As of right now Michael and JoAnne really can use everyone here’s prayers. They however ask for their privacy at this time, please. Calls and texts even though, we would like to check in with them are not what they need or would like at this moment. If you get the desire to call or text Mike and Jo instead stop look to god and send a prayer for them.

When he is ready he will return and god bless them he will.
Peter
91830215-9B9E-494A-8F10-2B3CC9DD1F9D.jpeg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Man these type of threads happen to frequently !

Thoughts and prayers are sent!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to them at this time. Looking forward to have this pass and back in the RDP fold. 👍

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Sending love and prayers. I spoke to him in June and he wasn't doing so well. My heart is breaking and I pray he gets well.
He is such an awesome person
Unfortunately there is no hope of getting better
I can’t even express how sad I am
Everyone please just respect their wishes for privacy right now

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Prayers sent. Didn’t really get to hang out with them much, but when we did he was always fun to be around. Sad for sure.

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Prayers sent.

Meet them on a beach few years back, helped him fix a no start issue with his boat and have enjoyed their friendship ever since.

Great people, it's in the big man's hands.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Damn, tough deal. I bought some parts from him a few years ago and really enjoyed talking to him. Seemed like a good dude

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So for anyone who’s following this i hate to be the one but well i am. And i hate this as i type it but Michael Davis known here by many as Springfield has passed as of 3:37 pm today.
Mike was a private man, and wanted to keep his situation as close to himself as he could, but this past June he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It hit him hard and so fast, within a few weeks he was bedridden and no longer able to do much for interaction call text etc. he did all that the doctors said to do until he realized he was not only delaying the inevitable but it was not a quality of life he wanted to continue with by doing those treatments. Him and his beloved wife made the decision the end of September and he came home to Havasu. He sat by the pool almost daily, you’d walk into his living room and on the huge tv the only thing that was ever on was the cameras of the channel from the the London Bridge Resort.
I sat with him a final time the other day and he was still Michael, but he wasn’t and his final breath was taken way too soon. Michael i love you rip you weren’t my father but you were definitely my pops.

3226CF82-6820-44D6-82C0-88B9FF20834F.jpeg
CDB16B9E-1DB3-4021-8A1C-75CB8EF7DCD7.jpeg
DB854E0B-9F93-450B-AAB8-68B4FF4350F3.jpeg
9B22DA89-938A-45E6-AFB4-2D4581E4B705.jpeg
B321B796-8414-44CD-A60A-3636D472C656.jpeg

Till we meet up on the other side i love you buddy.

Last edited:

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Also please anyone that may want to send cards well wishes etc to JoAnne she’s asked me to be the one to get them or to individually give other contact info. She’s broken bad right now, there love was one most can only dream of having and she needs to head into her place alone for now and asks not to be bothered for now.
Michael will be cremated and there will be a service but not immediately, and i will update with that information upon the time.

Take a shot of Kettle One and tell Michael that you’ll miss him.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So sad to hear the news. I hate seeing people away so young. Didn’t have many opportunities to talk to him. But he did stop by the house one time when garage was under construction. I wish I had more time with him. I wish the family the best at this difficult time. If these is anything needed please post up and we will get it done!!!!

Singleton

Reaction score
RIP
Had the pleasure of having dinner with Mike at the 2019 RDP Regatta.

SixD9R

Reaction score
RIP Mike
I didn’t know Mike and I don’t think I ever conversed with him here but he was obviously a great guy that will be missed.
@02HoWaRd26 your announcement of his passing and tribute post was very nice. You are a good person and a true friend.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
One of the times that my Cigarette was broken and sitting at the slip not running who was the person that called and said picking you up in half and hour, going to launch the boat, took us up to pirates, Now michael didn't drink but never had an issue with hanging out at the bar with us drinking, i have this pic from coming back from pirates, since i couldn't sit up i was a bit lit
fyi he really loved his boat,

1667179934337.jpeg

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
DILLIGAF just reminded me that Mike was in Deadwood during Sturgis '21 and we went back and forth many times trying to schedule a ride together.
Just shows how when you have 2 weeks in Sturgis, you feel like there is plenty of time to get done what you want.
We waited too long and never rode with him.
These are the tough lessons we learn from the good guys.

RIP Mike.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
DILLIGAF just reminded me that Mike was in Deadwood during Sturgis '21 and we went back and forth many times trying to schedule a ride together.
Just shows how when you have 2 weeks in Sturgis, you feel like there is plenty of time to get done what you want.
We waited too long and never rode with him.
These are the tough lessons we learn from the good guys.

RIP Mike.
yep we were talking about his sturgis trip when we saw him couple weeks ago, Joanne rode her harley there that trip,

Wendi

Reaction score
Truly heartbroken to hear this. I really enjoyed hanging out with Mike on the lake and his beautiful wife Joanne! I knew he was sick but didn't know the severity of it. May he rest in paradise. I will wait to reach out to Joanne until we are told we can. I can't imagine what she is going through. They had a beautiful love like no other. Mike you will be sorely missed. Very very sad.

Wmc

The Mayor
Reaction score
I'm stunned I'm sad and im in disbelief. Mike was a Great dude always smiling and was a tall sucker too. I'll miss our conversations. So sorry for Joann. RIP big buddy 😢

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My heart aches. 🥺
We'd just started interacting in the last few years. He and JoAnne tied up next to us at McRaftup.You couldn't ask to meet a nicer guy.
Had an extended talk with JoAnne a few weeks back, the day they got back to Havasu. It shook me hard to hear the details.
May he rest in peace 🙏 and that JoAnne can find her own peace in time.
God bless the Davis family.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Rest in peace Mike
we never met but this is what I absolutely love about RDP. A bunch of mostly like minded folks loving and looking out for each other. Please let us know if JoAnne needs anything. Springfield will be dearly missed by many he never met. 🙏

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
May he rest in peace. Sorry to hear the loss of a dear friend to many of you, and a great RDP member.