WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

sO WhaT did YOU leaRN thIS wEEk?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I did learn that Grads really is the azzhole this place always said that he was.

And that 2FF musta been a lawyer in his previous life, only asking questions that he already knows the answers to.

:rolleyes::p

RaceTec

Reaction score
I learned it is near impossible to find good employees, had to let another guy go this week and it sucks... :grumble:

I guess all the good people still have their jobs...

Well at least there will be a flood of shop guys here soon with the other guys shutting down...

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I learned I'd still love to live in San Diego one day...:thumbsup

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
That unemployment sill sucks and don't fart when drinking black cherry juice :skull:D

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
I learned that when your headed the river for the weekend the week days drag out for ever.

Every body headed out this weekend be safe and have fun.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I learned that four weekends in a row at the river is still not too much for me :champagne::party2:

Loelco

Just Wishin'....
Reaction score
I am currently learning that when you burn it at both ends and start choppin a hole in the middle, the same people telling you to slow down have no problem dumping gas on the fire!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I learned it is near impossible to find good employees, had to let another guy go this week and it sucks... :grumble:

I guess all the good people still have their jobs...

Well at least there will be a flood of shop guys here soon with the other guys shutting down...

Good point,the UN employment rate might be around 8 percent or you can say the EMPLOYED rate is 92 percent.

JMC

Reaction score

I learned that these piece of shit whacko's that are going on killing sprees need to be publically mutilated. Im tired of this shit and its time to go back to an eye for an eye. I hope a fockin Lynch mob extracts that demon from his own cell and turns him into soup.

I also learned that congress is trying to keep a loophole in the insider trading law to where their spouces and and kids can still trade unregulated and unreported with insider info.

I also learned that there is actually something to the phrase "Crazy from the Heat", aside from it being a David Lee Roth album.

scouter

Old Guy......
Reaction score
I learned that four weekends in a row at the river is still not too much for me :champagne::party2:

Four..... You're a rookie.... We've been here every weekend this year except for 2. Of course, we are going to miss the next 3 for some reason.......... :party2:

rampgirlll

Reaction score
I learned it is possible to drive to Augusta from Ft Worth and only stop twice. My bladder effin rocks!

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Oh also learned I get to go to San Diego in September and I'm so stoked! Farthest west I've gone racing is Phoenix!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I learned that it is always good to not burn bridges at a past employer. Looks like I am going back to one of my old jobs that I had for 15 years next week.

milkmoney

Reaction score
i learned this week that after semi-retiring in 2008, that i work harder and longer now then when i was working...i am fucking tired..:grumble:

also that people need to take the internet jus like a text and not read into more than what is said..:D

fmo24

Reaction score
I learned that it is always good to not burn bridges at a past employer. Looks like I am going back to one of my old jobs that I had for 15 years next week.

Congrats and you got that right especially in aerospace. Everybody knows everybody LOL

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I learned no news from the Service Dept of our boat dealer is good news.

All I wanna hear from them is your boat is fixed and ready for pick-up.

AZKC

I know right...
Reaction score
That TPC's Siggy Gif is some what funny yet, yet disturbing, and erotic:boobeyes::champagne:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I learned 3 things this week. 1 no one makes a wood slider wider then 15'9" 2 fed ex is a bigger joke then I thougth. 3 the local code enforcment really cares if you build a fence 6' 1/8". had to go back take down all the pickets, trim them a 1/4" and move them down. fuckers.

rampgirlll

Reaction score
Oh I just learned in about a half hour I'm gonna suit up an ride around in circles in a cracker boat!

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
I learned 3 things this week. 1 no one makes a wood slider wider then 15'9" 2 fed ex is a bigger joke then I thougth. 3 the local code enforcment really cares if you build a fence 6' 1/8". had to go back take down all the pickets, trim them a 1/4" and move them down. fuckers.

I had a building inspector once that wanted me to tear down an entire double-sided open staircase because some spindles were 1/8" too wide.
Jumped through hoops to get a variance...

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I learned that RiverDave's Place is the happiest, most friendly, place on earth! :D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I learned that the City of Los Angeles Building & Safety is gonna require that the building that I am doing a remodel on, is gonna require that all doors leading to emergency stairs become ADA compliant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making our buildings accessible to the handicapped. But, we are talking about 31 doors that are land locked by building columns and/or filled CMU walls (creating the fire rating for the emergency stairs).

Logic? So that a person in a wheelchair can open the door into the stairwell..................then what? They gotta go down eight (8) flights of stairs.............in a wheelchair?

CC

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
Logic? So that a person in a wheelchair can open the door into the stairwell..................then what? They gotta go down eight (8) flights of stairs.............in a wheelchair?

I believe our buildings now require a device in the stairwell that will allow egress via the stair for a disabled person. Every building I work in has them. They look like a robot with large rubber tracks.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I learned that the City of Los Angeles Building & Safety is gonna require that the building that I am doing a remodel on, is gonna require that all doors leading to emergency stairs become ADA compliant.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making our buildings accessible to the handicapped. But, we are talking about 31 doors that are land locked by building columns and/or filled CMU walls (creating the fire rating for the emergency stairs).

CC

So once the person in the wheelchair is in the fire rated stair. Isn't that person better off being there then in a non rated open area. :headscratch:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
So once the person in the wheelchair is in the fire rated stair. Isn't that person better off being there then in a non rated open area. :headscratch:

... and in a more accessible location for rescue?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
CC

Not if there on the 2nd floor to begin with. ;)

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I learned no surgery for me this week....AGAIN :mad:

Try again next week.....for fucks sake :grumble: :rolleyes:

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

Why don't you and your wife come over to our place for the weekend? We can't help you with the surgery but we can do some partying and swapping to help you pass the time.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score

Just go get the surgery done in Mexico............they don't give a shit about little bullshit details like platelet counts.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Why don't you and your wife come over to our place for the weekend? We can't help you with the surgery but we can do some partying and swapping to help you pass the time.
Sounds good Tom :thumbsup

..... any chance of throwing some small farm animals into the mix?

Warlock1

Reaction score
Tom Brown International Swinger Ambassador

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Just go get the surgery done in Mexico............they don't give a shit about little bullshit details like platelet counts.
I'm afraid I could bleed out if I get beheaded by the cartel

Stace Case

Reaction score
I learned that all of your RDP'ers are a bunch of awesome people and love your doggies. We've had a few find new homes this week and it is seriously heart warming.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

Have you tried a different prop?

Sent from miPhone using tapatalk

DogNamedChevy

Motor Boating
Reaction score
I learned I'm getting a new job making less money to start.....and I couldn't be happier :champagne: :drunk