WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So if you were gonna open a restaraunt?

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Location..Location..Location. Multi-level establishments are dumb. Don't do it. Insurance and wasted square footage are going to cost you. Ethnic menus are going to make it even harder. Figure out what the consumer wants to eat in the area and do it bigger and better.

Where were you in the 90's, could have used that advise then:p

Reaction score
I had a great big restraunt back in the mid 90's lasted 11 months:thumbsdown the food was fantastic, atomosphere was off the hook. the place was massive 3 storys 30,000 sqft. 1st floor was fine dining, second floor was billards and cigars and the 3rd floor was a night club. The reality is it was to big a nut to cover and keep it classy, in order to make it work the night club would have had to gone ghetto fabulous and sold a shit pile of booze. If I had it to do over again in that location I would have nixed the fine dining and put a mechanical bull on the fist floor and blasted tehano music until the wee hours. Lesson learned the hard way, anyways I really enjoyed the work and day to day of running a resteraunt into the ground LOL. If i were to do it again (which I would like to) I'd go real small and focus on the food. Imagine a place where evrything on the menu is really good, italian, mexican, american, middle eastern, seafood all of which are the best you have ever had. You know how you go to different places for differnt things that are your favorite well i would like it all in one place, is that possible?

I would look into a catering business, big weddings, corporate events, etc... Let the customer decide what they want, and have a big menu. overhead should be low. :headscratch:

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
If I had the money & the opportunity ever arose I'd buy

GetImage.ashx

Even though we're in a recession the place is alway packed!

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
I am sorta serious but all over the place with a concept at this point. It has to gold if I am gonna do it, the halal guys in NYC have it going on, I'd guess they are doing 5-10k a night, never seen anything like it people lined up until 4am.

Just got back from 5 guys burger joint, they are taking money pretty heavy right now, however I am pretty sure I dropped off at least 3 of the guys at the pool for there swim lesson when I got home:D. Its a once every 6 months place at best and i'm thinking the frenzy will die down in a few months.

Check out Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills. Their nightly numbers have been astronomical....2 and half hour wait....yes, for a burger. But, I'm pretty sure the 50/50 means 50% of the waitresses are hot and the other 50% are hot with huge cans....juggsapalooza over there.

http://www.facebook.com/Slaters5050

I got another guy with 750 sqft, 2 employees and does $5k lunches all day long. 1 item with a few choices for changes but really basic. One brown tractor counts the money and the tractor grills. My buddy rolls out of bed around 10....watches his tractors whip up a few things, bullshits with his buddies and he's home knocking the bottom out by 3. Fuggin guy....

westair

Reaction score
Did you ever watch Kitchen Nightmares w/ Gordon Ramsey? he's a little "out there" but he would go in and fix struggling restaurants ..... he always made a big deal of the size of the menu, to big not good, because you had to freeze things, premake .... anyway pretty entertaining guy!

Johnny_5

Reaction score
having worked in resturants quite a bit, i've always dreamt about running my own one day. my plan is to keep it simple, go with comfort foods, but KILL EM'. like that hole in the wall place you love soo much with a D grade in the front window, but the food is like a drug... typically thats your "go-to" place, the one that you say, "on thursdays we always go to Johnny 5's place", etc... thats the food i want, but in a nicer building, and an A+ in the front window.

we go to a truck stop on the weekends for breakfast. the food is average, the prices are pushing it, but theres something about this place that we like - it's comfortable... and to boot, it's always busy...

PVHCA

Reaction score
Check out Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills. Their nightly numbers have been astronomical....2 and half hour wait....yes, for a burger. But, I'm pretty sure the 50/50 means 50% of the waitresses are hot and the other 50% are hot with huge cans....juggsapalooza over there.

I got another guy with 750 sqft, 2 employees and does $5k lunches all day long. 1 item with a few choices for changes but really basic. One brown tractor counts the money and the tractor grills. My buddy rolls out of bed around 10....watches his tractors whip up a few things, bullshits with his buddies and he's home knocking the bottom out by 3. Fuggin guy....

Slater's IMO was just ok, but I'm not the norm because the place was packed. They've been off the hook since they were on Triple D!!

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score

Ive been to Slaters a few times now, it was pretty good. 750 sqft and $5K lunches sounds like what I'm looking to do, whats his specailty?

Cigalert

Banned
Reaction score
Ive been to Slaters a few times now, it was pretty good. 750 sqft and $5K lunches sounds like what I'm looking to do, whats his specailty?

Phillies.

Anytime you want to roll up and talk to him, we've been good buds for almost 15 years now...he'll tell you all the details.

Chestah Cheetah

Extra Medium
Reaction score
Wen't to a place in Tampa, FL called "Cheap." Dumb name with a multi-cuisine menu offering just mediocre food quality. This place was packed to the gills with customers and Tampa's finest trim. Full bar, DJ's, and located on a busy strip with bars/restaurants. I hated the idea of 4 different cuisines on the table but the place makes money...:headscratch:

http://www.cheapinsoho.com/