WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Silverado/Sierra radio codes

brewzed

Reaction score
Do any of you guys know how to unlock a Silverado/Sierra radio. I upgraded my head unit in my '06 HD and gave it to my dad for his HD. His took a crap. We plugged it all in, but it says "locked". I was told by the shop that there is a code I have to enter into it. Does anyone know how or where I can get a code? I probably have to go to the dealer, but he is in Bullhead and I'm in Corona.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
06 is gonna have to be programmed to the vehicle with a Tech 2, the days of punching in a code are gone. Unless pops has a newer vehicle, it might not be doable either.

G-Body

Reaction score
I don`t know if this will work on that new of a radio but its worth a try...
1. Press and hold presets 2 & 3 for about 10 seconds until the first 3 digits of the display code are displayed
2. Write the numbers down.
3. Press the AM FM button, write down the next 3 numbers
4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 06010, press the “button” and enter the 6 digit code from the radio, you will get an unlock code, write it down.
5. Go back to the car, press the HR button and set the first 2 numbers, then press minute button and set the next two last numbers, press AM FM button, SEC should be displayed, turn on radio
To remove customers code, repeat step 5. you should see --- on radio face, the code is now out of the radio.

OK, I got it figured out you have to wait for the ENTIRE message to play to find out what to do. Step 4 is a little different.

Here is the change:

4. Call 1-800-537-5140, when asked, enter 139010*, when asked enter the 4 or 6 digit code (obtained from Steps 1-3) from the radio and an *, for example using my code, 702712*, you will get an unlock code, write it down.

brewzed

Reaction score
thanks guys. I'll give it a try before I pull it back out this weekend.

Reaction score
Need to go to the dealer to program the radio the the truck.Should take care of all your problems.The thrid post is for older radios.