WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Shootout tomorrow?

attitude

Reaction score
The guy with warlock he actually does run fast that i know of. He comes by my work quite a bit with diff set ups that he trys to get it faster so that mph is probably close.
That boat might be capable of a 100+ but he wasn’t doing that in the runs I saw.

jperog

Reaction score
lol fuck no. 130’s and that’s with miles to stretch their legs. Zero chance running 140 in 3/4 of a mile.
I hope he brings it to LOTO in August. My son and I ran 134 and we were literally flying the boat "level but WAY loose" to get that. Tony ran 124 in a 37' with 500s and Warren ran 131 in his 28 skater with a set of my best propellers.

Joe

WildWilly

Reaction score
From the posts Ray was making it didn't seem like very many boats ran? Or was he just posting some? If that was all the participants it seemed like a bust for the shootout, which sucks because it was the best weather in years

DWC

Reaction score
From the posts Ray was making it didn't seem like very many boats ran? Or was he just posting some? If that was all the participants it seemed like a bust for the shootout, which sucks because it was the best weather in years
My guess is that there were fewer than 10 boats probably closer to 6. I think the Friday weather scared some people off. We saw boats heading out during the storm. Glad that the boats that ran were committed to it. They kept the show going.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
If I was the sheriff I’d leave that plane alone.
Size matters
If I was in the plane is get as far from from the incompetent wheel holders on those sheriff boats as possible… if they are willing/dumb enough to run full bore into a dock with a patient on board…who knows the damage they could do to a plane playing “weewooweewoo I’m helping!” exact argument I’d make to the judge with a great video as evidence… 👀🤣

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Still not one mention of Predator. Was he there, did he run? Didn’t he hold the DS Shootout historic top speed at about 200+?

I don't know what the status of Predator is or was, but I saw him enjoying himself with family and friends.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
We got down to the island late (11ish) with the sxs, it was packed! The weather was nice, sun felt great, the water looked perfect. Vehicles were stacked so deep on the bluffs near site 6. We bounced out after a couple boats ran. Kinda stunk not having the radio station broadcasting names and results. I don't ever recall seeing this many spectators in years past.

Icky

Reaction score
Why didn't they use GPS?

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
You can't park there !

1714347521186.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why didn't they use GPS?

Hard for the event to use gps from the flag boats.. lol

One event used to throw gps’s in people’s boat and whoever brought back the top speed was the winner.. that was a long time ago

RD

Singleton

Reaction score
Seems the event loses integrity when they post the speeds that far off and then stand by them as certified.... Must be the same Poll workers from 2020 election running the shootout. 🤷‍♂️
The event lost all integrity when they called speeds and told participants to rerun, since the gun was off in 2021.
Then at the award dinner, they gave the King to a speed that was originally incorrect.
That was the end of the DS shootout IMO.

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Since I was running in the shootout I can say that you need to take 10mph off the posted speeds to get the accurate mph. I say this because I showed 118mph on gps my first run and Mike who was in the Eliminator vee said the radar was 10mph faster than what his GPS showed. Also that 25 Warlock is more than capable of going well north of 100mph just an FYI for you guys.
I made three runs and on my third and final run realized I'd had hurt the prop and confirmed this when i pulled the prop on the water and found 4 of the 5 blades were torn.....which now makes a grand total of 10 props the boat has killed😂. The cost of living that high X life....and why my posted speeds dropped but on the positive side I was still able to put the boat into triple digit speeds with torn blades.
Look it's real easy to sit back and call the event a bust or complain about it and that's fine. Give credit to the guys that showed up and absolutely Sent It because all the guys did just that. There are plenty of guys on here with really fast boats or talk about how fast their boats are yet never run in the event which is sad really. You know there is a reason that there are no West Coast OPA or RWO events and it's very likely that this shootout event could go away also. Guys need to step up and throw their hat in the ring and participate to help grow the event otherwise it will no longer exist. The amount of spectators that showed up this year clearly shows that it's becoming more popular and that people want to see the event. It just needs you guys with the fast hardware to stop standing on the sidelines bitching and complaining and jump in. Half the boats that register for LOTO run well below 100mph and now that the DS Shootout is incorporating the same boat classes that LOTO uses you will be running against very similar boats which makes the competition side oi things very tight and exciting. In a perfect world more of you guys would show up and participate next year but we don't live in a perfect world which is why I won't hold my breath. ✌️

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
He was being chased for a reason, not going to get into details, but he was involved in an accident with a boat and left the scene and went right down the middle of the course I was right there

No doubt there was an issue, that exit looked pretty sketchy from my chair 😳

Although the smaller sea plane that took off a bit later when the wind came up looked really close to a full stuff.

DWC

Reaction score
Since I was running in the shootout I can say that you need to take 10mph off the posted speeds to get the accurate mph. I say this because I showed 118mph on gps my first run and Mike who was in the Eliminator vee said the radar was 10mph faster than what his GPS showed. Also that 25 Warlock is more than capable of going well north of 100mph just an FYI for you guys.
I made three runs and on my third and final run realized I'd had hurt the prop and confirmed this when i pulled the prop on the water and found 4 of the 5 blades were torn.....which now makes a grand total of 10 props the boat has killed😂. The cost of living that high X life....and why my posted speeds dropped but on the positive side I was still able to put the boat into triple digit speeds with torn blades.
Look it's real easy to sit back and call the event a bust or complain about it and that's fine. Give credit to the guys that showed up and absolutely Sent It because all the guys did just that. There are plenty of guys on here with really fast boats or talk about how fast their boats are yet never run in the event which is sad really. You know there is a reason that there are no West Coast OPA or RWO events and it's very likely that this shootout event could go away also. Guys need to step up and throw their hat in the ring and participate to help grow the event otherwise it will no longer exist. The amount of spectators that showed up this year clearly shows that it's becoming more popular and that people want to see the event. It just needs you guys with the fast hardware to stop standing on the sidelines bitching and complaining and jump in. Half the boats that register for LOTO run well below 100mph and now that the DS Shootout is incorporating the same boat classes that LOTO uses you will be running against very similar boats which makes the competition side oi things very tight and exciting. In a perfect world more of you guys would show up and participate next year but we don't live in a perfect world which is why I won't hold my breath. ✌️
Thanks for running in it and thanks for chiming in. The water and the weather seemed to be pretty much ideal for some good runs. Somewhat cool and not too flat. I was curious how much the participants thought the gun was off. I don’t know much about the technology but figured it was a % off based on the Dial 911 runs.
The event definitely got me thinking about participating next year. The only thing is trying to figure out the back to back events. I want to do the full SuperCatFest next year. Not sure i want to fork out 2 entries though.

svlperry

Reaction score
No doubt there was an issue, that exit looked pretty sketchy from my chair 😳

Although the smaller sea plane that took off a bit later when the wind came up looked really close to a full stuff.
The guy was an idiot

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Maybe it would be more popular if the results were accurate or within +/- 1 or 2 mph. You say 10mph difference and I say it was closer to 18 to 20 mph off. I could not take an award away from an event knowing its that far off.
I'm not crossing swords with you , I actually share your passion and agree with your prospective...but this is really no different than the old speed ally races up river. I do appreciate your participation. To me , if im putting the money into an event , I'd like the record to reflect more of the facts.

Id bet a cup of coffee that the GPS on the boats don't have a recorded top speeds posted. (Ever)

The shoot outs are absolutely to put your hat in the ring and back up the trash talk from the night before.... So wouldn't you want the sanctioning event to atleast have accurate time keeping ??

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Maybe it would be more popular if the results were accurate or within +/- 1 or 2 mph. You say 10mph difference and I say it was closer to 18 to 20 mph off. I could not take an award away from an event knowing its that far off.
I'm not crossing swords with you , I actually share your passion and agree with your prospective...but this is really no different than the old speed ally races up river. I do appreciate your participation. To me , if im putting the money into an event , I'd like the record to reflect more of the facts.

Id bet a cup of coffee that the GPS on the boats don't have a recorded top speeds posted. (Ever)

The shoot outs are absolutely to put your hat in the ring and back up the trash talk from the night before.... So wouldn't you want the sanctioning event to atleast have accurate time keeping ??
I can only speak on what I had control over. Having now run in the shootout for the last 4 yrs one thing I did specifically this year was to carry not 1 or 2 but 4 separate GPS units ,to allow me to get a broad spectrum of data with devices that are all different with different refresh rates. I have the Mercury Racing Vessel view 702, then had a hand held Garmin GPS i use in my STV, then also used a speedometer app on my Iphone, but then ran a racelogic unit I use for car stuff like the half mile and mile runway events. The racelogic has its own gpa antenna and it has the fastest refresh rate along with a mountain of data that you can see from your run broken down into 3 quarter mile intervals. This unit is by no means inexpensive considering your a little over a $1000 for this unit and considering it has had no issues keeping up with the performance runs from a twin turbo 9l viper and most recently I used it when test driving a sheepy race built 1600hp audi R8 i figured it would be able to provide a fairly accurate speed for the boat. To my suprise all 4 were within 3 mph with the vessel View and hand held garmin posting the slower speeds of 116.2 and 116..6, the iphone was at 117.6 and the racelogic was a 118.1. When you consider that two years ago I made one run that was radar speed of 121 and at the Time we figured out that the radar was 5mph fast that put me at the 116 mph mark and that was a run in much worse conditions as far as wind and choppy water goes. So from that data along with talking to the other guys running and what they were seeing verses what speeds the radar was displaying it was clear that there was a 10mph variance plus or minus 2. That's about the most conclusive way to reach some kind of actual realistic speed run that I could come up with. Now do I wish that things were different and more on point.....absolutely because having Speed on the Water post me running a 127 mph run casts a black shadow over what are truly monumental performance numbers when considering the motor package and boat overall. Instead of talking about how awesome it is that the boat can run north of 110mph I end up having to explain why there was such an unrealistic number posted next to my name and that sucks....really sucks. I will say that the fact that i personally met the Director in charge of the LOTO Shootout along with her husband at the drivers meeting told me that the new owners care enough about the event to reach out to the most successful shootout organization in the country for their assistance to bring this shootout up to the standards necessary to allow the event to grow. And just a little info most people don't know is that way back when Mike was doing testing on hull 1 that he was able to reach 114mph with a stage 3 whipple setup so I've known what my target was for a very long time and where I should be overall mph wise. I'm really not breaking any new ground....yet. Can the boat run well north of 120mph....absolutely, just not with my current power package. I can come close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades:cool:

Vamodsquad

Reaction score
I can only speak on what I had control over. Having now run in the shootout for the last 4 yrs one thing I did specifically this year was to carry not 1 or 2 but 4 separate GPS units ,to allow me to get a broad spectrum of data with devices that are all different with different refresh rates. I have the Mercury Racing Vessel view 702, then had a hand held Garmin GPS i use in my STV, then also used a speedometer app on my Iphone, but then ran a racelogic unit I use for car stuff like the half mile and mile runway events. The racelogic has its own gpa antenna and it has the fastest refresh rate along with a mountain of data that you can see from your run broken down into 3 quarter mile intervals. This unit is by no means inexpensive considering your a little over a $1000 for this unit and considering it has had no issues keeping up with the performance runs from a twin turbo 9l viper and most recently I used it when test driving a sheepy race built 1600hp audi R8 i figured it would be able to provide a fairly accurate speed for the boat. To my suprise all 4 were within 3 mph with the vessel View and hand held garmin posting the slower speeds of 116.2 and 116..6, the iphone was at 117.6 and the racelogic was a 118.1. When you consider that two years ago I made one run that was radar speed of 121 and at the Time we figured out that the radar was 5mph fast that put me at the 116 mph mark and that was a run in much worse conditions as far as wind and choppy water goes. So from that data along with talking to the other guys running and what they were seeing verses what speeds the radar was displaying it was clear that there was a 10mph variance plus or minus 2. That's about the most conclusive way to reach some kind of actual realistic speed run that I could come up with. Now do I wish that things were different and more on point.....absolutely because having Speed on the Water post me running a 127 mph run casts a black shadow over what are truly monumental performance numbers when considering the motor package and boat overall. Instead of talking about how awesome it is that the boat can run north of 110mph I end up having to explain why there was such an unrealistic number posted next to my name and that sucks....really sucks. I will say that the fact that i personally met the Director in charge of the LOTO Shootout along with her husband at the drivers meeting told me that the new owners care enough about the event to reach out to the most successful shootout organization in the country for their assistance to bring this shootout up to the standards necessary to allow the event to grow. And just a little info most people don't know is that way back when Mike was doing testing on hull 1 that he was able to reach 114mph with a stage 3 whipple setup so I've known what my target was for a very long time and where I should be overall mph wise. I'm really not breaking any new ground....yet. Can the boat run well north of 120mph....absolutely, just not with my current power package. I can come close but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades:cool:
Thank you for the explanation !

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it, but do you have the 29 Outerlimits? What power?

McKay

Reaction score
A buddy said they clocked him exactly 15 mph too fast. He only ran in the mid 120's and not 140. He might post. We were all laughing at the posts being made on IG. He probably would have needed to run 1200-1500RPM over the rev limit to get to 140. 😅

stoker2001

Reaction score
Hard for the event to use gps from the flag boats.. lol

One event used to throw gps’s in people’s boat and whoever brought back the top speed was the winner.. that was a long time ago

RD
The OL toss-handheld-GPS forward into cuddy at top speed trick... 🤣 🙃

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How hard is it too get a correctly calibrated radar unit ?

wet hull

Reaction score
Desert storm went really well this year I thought.. that street party was the busiest I have ever seen it
I dug it, bars were fun, street party was great, copters in the air chasing boats and dive bombing steamboat was awesome. My liver is still broke but headed back out tomorrow night. I need to stop by shop and get some gear. Have you unloaded yet? It would be Friday.

Reactions: DWC