WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

School me on Bitcoin

MSum661

Reaction score
The important thing to consider was there was just as many buyers at that big dip as there was selling at that point; reason the dip only lasted moments. People played the dip and made a 1000. per coin in a matter of an hour. Until the orange mountain (right side of depth chart) is a lot bigger than the green mountain (left side of the depth chart) for a longer period of time nobody really has to worry.

Those were most likely sitting GTC Orders that got filled on the sweep down. AGAIN I would stay back for awhile. JMO.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Those were most likely sitting GTC Orders that got filled on the sweep down. AGAIN I would stay back for awhile. JMO.

So soon as there is a dip, limit orders are filled and other speculators watching the exchange get back on the FOMO train because they see price shooting up. The bottom will fall out; well at least I think so, but not yet. The dip will have to be more than we saw today to do any harm. One negative tweet about cryptocurrency by some guy like Mark Cuban can sometimes cause the tumble.

My buddy who cashed out today said he was sick and tired of watching exchanges every day and was about to have a heart attack. Considering he only had a $75.00 investment he cashed out at almost 900k today. Said it is a day of celebration and relief for him. Crazy, almost like winning the lottery.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
So soon as there is a dip, limit orders are filled and other speculators watching the exchange get back on the FOMO train because they see price shooting up. The bottom will fall out; well at least I think so, but not yet. The dip will have to be more than we saw today to do any harm. One negative tweet about cryptocurrency by some guy like Mark Cuban can sometimes cause the tumble.

My buddy who cashed out today said he was sick and tired of watching exchanges every day and was about to have a heart attack. Considering he only had a $75.00 investment he cashed out at almost 900k today. Said it is a day of celebration and relief for him. Crazy, almost like winning the lottery.
I think I would’ve cashed out 90% and let the rest ride.

MSum661

Reaction score

Your buddy has a Rock Hard Gut..lol!

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Your buddy has a Rock Hard Gut..lol!

He bought 75.00 in 2011. He bought more throughout the next few years and some of that is still in BERL however the original investment under a 100.00 he cashed out today. He said it was a big decision but a good one. He lives a really simple life and stated this is more than enough money for him to "just hang out" as he put it. He kept it quiet to most of his friends and family.

Forgot to mention. When I asked him a few weeks ago how much bitcoin he had he said "oh, just a little". Well I guess 75.00 of Bitcoin is really "just a little" in the scheme of things.

There is an article out there about some guy who cashed out 25mil and just travels the world now.

I am very good at buying high and selling low. haha!!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Looks like I got out yesterday about 2 hours too late but still did alright. I was afraid I would wake up today and it would be back up. Not the case.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
841F433E-27FE-45B7-ABC4-CA37E386B352.jpeg
Pretty much

Last edited:

MSum661

Reaction score
He bought 75.00 in 2011. He bought more throughout the next few years and some of that is still in BERL however the original investment under a 100.00 he cashed out today. He said it was a big decision but a good one. He lives a really simple life and stated this is more than enough money for him to "just hang out" as he put it. He kept it quiet to most of his friends and family.

Forgot to mention. When I asked him a few weeks ago how much bitcoin he had he said "oh, just a little". Well I guess 75.00 of Bitcoin is really "just a little" in the scheme of things.

There is an article out there about some guy who cashed out 25mil and just travels the world now.

I am very good at buying high and selling low. haha!!

Did you catch this from earlier today?......http://newsenter.org/world/2017/11/...t-gets-access-to-14000-coinbase-accounts.html

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Readers digest version please, when you want to sell, can you sell your bitcoin and get dollars?

HavaToon

Reaction score
Everyone I know that is into Bitcoin is anticipating a 30-50% in the near future and suggest following this video to figure out when.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
They were talking about it on Kevin and Bean this morning. Funny shit.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Readers digest version please, when you want to sell, can you sell your bitcoin and get dollars?

Yes. You connect to your bank account.

Everyone has a wallet; some are just online apps and others are actual cold storage which I recommend. Cold storage means you have a small hard drive device (we have a Ledger Nano S). There is no way to hack it because it is not connected to any computer or system. Only when I plug it in to the the USB port does it ever have any interaction with my account.

A wallet is used to store money. The difference is that instead of storing a collection of bills and cards, a crypto wallet stores a collection of private keys. Typically a wallet is encrypted with a password or otherwise protected from unauthorized access.

Unlike the Cryptocurrency network, a crypto wallet is controlled only by its owner (it's not distributed and shared like the blockchain). Of course just like your bank account or SSN, it's important to keep it as secure as you can.

Once you decide to sell, you can set a limit on your exchange (we use GDAX). Once someone is willing to buy (which is always, but not always at what you want to sell at), that value is exchanged for USD in your account then can be sent right over to your online banking.

If you think about it, it's very similar to PayPal. When you sell something on Ebay, there is no actual money exchanged, but a number shows up in your PayPal, not your bank. Once you decide to spend that PayPal currency, you can either spend it with another person or company that takes PayPal or you can have PayPal send you a check or have that PayPal amount sent over to your bank so you can use it as you like.

Hopefully that helps a little.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Heard one financial guy today say that if a country ever decided to make Bitcoin their currency it will explode upwards. Maybe Nigeria should get on board....lol

Wendi

Reaction score
I bought Bitcoin and my money has grown over 140% in just a few months.
60cfe63a0449df917cb3489c7e49db1a.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

spectras only

Reaction score
Only coin I'd buy is gold bullion. This virtual coin bs could bite one in the azz.
https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/International/Meet-The-Worlds-Most-Powerful-Bitcoin-Backers.html

The superpowers—U.S., China and Russia--will have to face the new reality. They love to hate it and hate to love it. Regardless, if they don’t embrace it, they won’t be able to control it. An enemy you don’t control is a much bigger threat. Russia is embracing it, with an eye to dominating it. China has banned it. The U.S. is struggling to figure out how to regulate it. But nothing can hold it back.
So, welcome to the new balance of power, funded by cryptocurrency.

https://oilprice.com/Geopolitics/In...art-Of-North-Koreas-Geopolitical-Arsenal.html
But here’s the problem:
“If we don’t truly understand how they are operating, who is controlling them and how to avoid it being used for illicit purposes, it may inadvertently turn out to be one of the most innovative turning points in the underworld, whether it’s organized crime, terrorism financing or corruption.”

Last edited:

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Probably one of the better written articles I've read to date about BTC.

http://www.investing.com/analysis/bitcoin--millennials-fake-gold-200270435

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

The other morning I made and cashed out about $260.00 between the time I started the coffee maker and poured my first cup. It's not huge money, but it is easy and I didn't have to do much to make it. Brainless trading for sure.

I'm not saying this is something I would invest all my savings in for the rest of my life, but my wife and I initially invested under 5k in to Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin and all it has done is make lots of money. It's fun to watch the exchange and see your money make money hand over fist.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
Probably one of the better written articles I've read to date about BTC.

http://www.investing.com/analysis/bitcoin--millennials-fake-gold-200270435

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
In my opinion this is a good article and this is pretty much the way I feel about digital currencies. Though, I think you could make some money trading bitcoin I wouldn't want to be holding the bag when it goes out of favor. You can't even pay your taxes with bitcoin at least with Greenbacks you could pay your taxes when it went out of favor. [emoji16] Edit: That was supposed to be a smily face. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spectras only

Reaction score
I probably would take cash and gold for selling my house but no way I'd take bitcoin in trade,LOL.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I don't use cryptocurrency for anything. If we make a profit, I have it transferred over to my bank account which is USD. Easy, make the money, exchange your BERL for US cash.

Keep in mind, if Amazon decides to move forward with taking cryptocurrency, the whole game could change.

GRADS

Reaction score
Ok, so I just threw some money at buying actual Litecoins. They are up 90% in the last month....we'll see how this goes. I signed up at coinbase.com to buy them. Basically had to give them every bit of info on me to sign up....including a selfie, no joke.:eek:

BingerFang

Reaction score
Bitcoin is going to hit $13,000 today..... Scam or not, you guys are missing on on making a quick buck!

GRADS

Reaction score
Coinbase.com has become my new favorite website. God damn this shit is addicting.

GRADS

Reaction score
Just a thought.....could Bitcoin become the housing bubble of 2007? So many people end up investing driving it much higher than it is now and then....crash! Hmm

spectras only

Reaction score
It happened to the Dow, no guarantee it wouldn't happen to Bitcoin.
Took seven slow months to start rising again. Was a stressfull time for many to see their investments return to previous levels.
  • The Dow Jones Industrial Average falls below 8000. [308.84]
February 23
  • The Dow Jones Industrial Average posts its lowest closes since the spring of 1997, dropping 250.73 points, or 3.40 percent, to 7,114.94. [35]
March 2
  • The Dow Jones Industrial Average closes below 7,000 for the first time since May 1997, dropping 299.64 points, or 4.24 percent, to 6,763.29. [35]
October 14
  • The Dow Jones Industrial Average breaks through the 10,000 level for the first time in a year. The index has risen 52.9 percent since a 12-year low in March. [35]
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...-it-was-hacked-over-50-million-bitcoin-stolen
So, when this happens [ posted earlier here on the board ] how would someone know if it was their bitcoin? No trace of virtual money. How is it tracked who's the ripped off investor?

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
Just food for thought. So where is the money coming from that people are using to purchase the Bitcoin? After listening to a vlog about Bitcoin, I went down to read the comments and there was a guy talking about trying to buy bitcoin with his credit card. I thought to myself, I wonder if Millennial's are purchasing Bitcoin with their credit cards. I am not trying to be hard on Millennial but I just thought to myself they are burdened with school loans so maybe a lot of this new demand has been created with credit cards. So I did a search and found this article that says "Buy bitcoin with credit card" is on the rise on google search engines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/27/buy...rise-on-google-and-sparking-bubble-fears.html

Last edited:

SIK-06

Reaction score
$16,748....damn should have listed to a co-worker 8 years ago when he told us all to buy, it was the future...

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Still seems like a lot of nothing to me.

Sorry peeps but doesn't it seem this was just created out of air?

For those of you that do own some of this I wish you the best of luck and hope you make a killing. You just need to have some kind of idea on when/how to exit.