WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

schiada

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
got a guy trying to sell me one with a 4cyl merc i/o.. gonna go take pics today.. any input? things to look for?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
stress cracks on the exterior, look for overall condition of the glass from inside (open the hatch) obvious stuff. and how well the boat is cleaned and how well it has been taken care of.

parkerpowersports

Reaction score
went and looked at it.. thoughts ?? suggestions??? whats it worth top dollar??

Attachments

• 0_IMAGE_234.jpg
    0_IMAGE_234.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 492
  • 0_IMAGE_235.jpg
    0_IMAGE_235.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 0_IMAGE_236.jpg
    0_IMAGE_236.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 491

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Only seen a few of those old I/0 boats. Check out the flake!

I'll give em 100 bucks for the badges on the hatch.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Well it is a Schiada, built back in the day by Leonard. Just a good utility boat like most of them. Four cylinder 150 cu. in Chevrolet is a great engine. G.M. made millions of them. I happen to own two forklifts with that engine, and it is getting real hard to find parts for such a common engine. I had a 16' Tahiti with that engine and drive and put over three thousand hours skiing behind it in the early 70's . Drive parts are getting real scarce, unless someone is reproducing them. I used to buy every part I could find in the Recycler back in the late 70's and early 80's to keep mine running.

Hull is O.K. don't know if Leonard Schiada really tooled that up, or if Roger Weiman built it first.

If everything is there and it works, you can't beat it for the right price. I don't think it's something you would want to sink a lot of money into.

Just my .02 cents.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I wouldn't take the boat if the guy paid me :D

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
'67 MerCruiser isn't gonna have Power Trim, Power Tilt only so the boat isn't gonna set any speed records (the 4 banger isn't going anywhere very quickly).

Very cool nostalgic ride, hard to locate parts, but if you can fabricate and keep it running I say get it!

Oh, and Ryan, you KNOW where you can get some badges!