WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reverse Osmosis System

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We have one of these systems at work and its not working anymore. Anyone have any ideas. We have changed the filters and there is water in the tank.

I have thought about pumping some air into the tank to see if water begins to flow but not sure if that will harm the system or not.

Last edited:

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
Try running it in fwd. :p

H20MOFO

Reaction score
Sounds like you need a new membrane/filter.

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Did you only change the filters or did you change the membrane as well? Over time the membrane gets clogged and needs replacement as well.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Where would that be?

I just pumped some air into the tank via the schraeder valve and it works fine for now.

Sounds like you need a new membrane/filter.

Did you only change the filters or did you change the membrane as well? Over time the membrane gets clogged and needs replacement as well.

Last edited:

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
Last year I changed out my filters and it still dribbled after a quart or two so I contacted this guy and he sent me a couple simple things with some instructions and mine works better today (a year later) than it did when it was brand new. He's no social butterfly but he knows his RO systems. Good luck with him.

[email protected]

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I will write to him.

Last year I changed out my filters and it still dribbled after a quart or two so I contacted this guy and he sent me a couple simple things with some instructions and mine works better today (a year later) than it did when it was brand new. He's no social butterfly but he knows his RO systems. Good luck with him.

[email protected]

mtrsportdan

Reaction score
I service these things for a living. Most likely you need to ad air to your tank. If the tank hasn't had air out in it in a couple of years, it's probably flat. While you ad air into the tank, leave your spigot open to purge all the water out. Ad the air in small incraments until the tank is empty. When all the water is out, set the tank to 7psi. You want to change your filters once a year and you can stretch out repressurizing your tank to every other year at most. If you haven't replaced your membrane in over 5 years, you may want to consider it.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We added air to the tank this morning but no change in water flow although it worked yesterday when I did it. This GE system doesnt appear to have a membrane.

Is water supposed to come out of the scraeder (sp) valve when adding air?

I service these things for a living. Most likely you need to ad air to your tank. If the tank hasn't had air out in it in a couple of years, it's probably flat. While you ad air into the tank, leave your spigot open to purge all the water out. Ad the air in small incraments until the tank is empty. When all the water is out, set the tank to 7psi. You want to change your filters once a year and you can stretch out repressurizing your tank to every other year at most. If you haven't replaced your membrane in over 5 years, you may want to consider it.

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
We added air to the tank this morning but no change in water flow although it worked yesterday when I did it. This GE system doesnt appear to have a membrane.

Is water supposed to come out of the scraeder (sp) valve when adding air?

Sounds like the bladder has ruptured.....