WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Report: Trump Has Chosen His Secretary of State

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
The contest for the most talked about role in Donald Trump's administration has reportedly ended. The president-elect Donald Trump has chosen Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state, according to NBC News' Andrea Mitchell

After Rudy Giuliani withdrew from the race, the frontrunners for secretary of state - other than Tillerson - were Mitt Romney and former UN ambassador John Bolton.

Tillerson became president of Exxon in 2004 and, as many media outlets are pointing out, he has a close relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

Trump is expected to make Tillerson's appointment official in an announcement next week.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortne...mp-has-chosen-his-secretary-of-state-n2258141

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
"Fill the swamp!"
Exactly he picked another lifelong politician who's been paid off by every big company on the planet.........damn that guy!!! But wait, this guys never been a politician, he has done business at a high level around the globe, managed a large global organization and unlike all the "Swamp Creatures" he has had to do all those things while worrying about balancing a budget......that sure sounds like the people the last administration picked for the job:rolleyes

PS............Making Money is NOT a crime;)

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
Exactly he picked another lifelong politician who's been paid off by every big company on the planet.........damn that guy!!! But wait, this guys never been a politician, he has done business at a high level around the globe, managed a large global organization and unlike all the "Swamp Creatures" he has had to do all those things while worrying about balancing a budget......that sure sounds like the people the last administration picked for the job:rolleyes

Face it Paul, in the eyes of those in opposition, ....there aer NO CORRECT ANSWERS. Trump displeases them simply because he breaths. :rolleyes
Trump is very unorthodox and that is what got him elected and now they simply can't grasp the new political approaches to old problems...... given time, seeing is believing ;)

squeezer

Reaction score
Face it Paul, in the eyes of those in opposition, ....there aer NO CORRECT ANSWERS. Trump displeases them simply because he breaths. :rolleyes
Trump is very unorthodox and that is what got him elected and now they simply can't grasp the new political approaches to old problems...... given time, seeing is believing ;)

Well it does cut down on he middle man...

Instead of corporations paying lobbyists to influence politics. Trumps "New Approach" is to have the same guys run both.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
He should be a fair and unbiased choice for Russia and the Middle East.:rolleyes

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
How in the hell could anyone be worse than Hildabeast and Lurch?

Benghazi and the Iran Nuke deal pretty much sum up how incompetence and deceit worked with those 2. They allowed ISIS to grow into the worst terrorist org in history including funding and arms......How could it get worse?????

I know nothing about the proposed appointee, but if he has run a copy the size of Exxon and done business with world leaders, he's light years ahead of most in how things work. I'm not seeing this conflict of interest or whatever is being said in previous posts.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
How in the hell could anyone be worse than Hildabeast and Lurch?

Benghazi and the Iran Nuke deal pretty much sum up how incompetence and deceit worked with those 2. They allowed ISIS to grow into the worst terrorist org in history including funding and arms......How could it get worse?????

I know nothing about the proposed appointee, but if he has run a copy the size of Exxon and done business with world leaders, he's light years ahead of most in how things work. I'm not seeing this conflict of interest or whatever is being said in previous posts.

I think post #6 spells it out pretty well.
I don't claim to be a smart guy, so maybe someone can explain how things work.

Reaction score
Does this mean gas prices will remain around $2.00 a gallon for unleaded?

My advisor is telling me to sell stock next year, but before the January 20th.

I sold two rental properties last month (cheap condo's in San Diego I bought in late 2009), closing this week. They doubled in price.

My tax bill is going to be huge this year and next, but I'll sleep much better.

If all works out, I'll be buying the stock back at a 30-40% discount over the next 1-2 years.
If not, I'm hoping for 6% interest rate hike over the next 2 years.

I'm not sure I ever want to get into rental property again, unless I can do what I did in 2009, and buy cheap, in a high demand area.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
$5-7 gas here we come! [emoji107]
The fox guarding the hen house comes to mind.

GRADS

Reaction score
The oil industry can go fuck themselves.:finger I hope someday we are all driving Teslas.:thumbsup

EDIT: was that guy excluded. ;)

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The oil industry can go fuck themselves.:finger I hope someday we are all driving Teslas.:thumbsup

Unfortunately you again have no idea what you're talking about quarterbacking from your vacuum and dishwasher station.

Why don't you look up how much money the federal government takes in from gas and oil rights. It matches income taxes which is why your beloved Obama would only touch the spots that made MSNBC headlines but didn't jeopardize the cash flow. Wanna talk about the fox guarding the hen house a little bit more...?

Oops... here comes the walk back... errr... moon walk... errr... whatever you misinformed posters wanna call it.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
So much doom and gloom and it's all based on mere speculations :grumble:

Interesting turn of events, as in the past, Liberals always labeled the GOP as the Party of "Doom and Gloom" ;)

Don't worry! Conservatives survived eight years under Obama and surely you can fair at least as well under Trump. Smile, you will feel better :D

milkmoney

Reaction score

But you drive vehicles that need the oil field. Let me guess. U would say. I don't need the oil field , I will ride the bus. [emoji202]

milkmoney

Reaction score
Unfortunately you again have no idea what you're talking about quarterbacking from your vacuum and dishwasher station.

Why don't you look up how much money the federal government takes in from gas and oil rights. It matches income taxes which is why your beloved Obama would only touch the spots that made MSNBC headlines but didn't jeopardize the cash flow. Wanna talk about the fox guarding the hen house a little bit more...?

Oops... here comes the walk back... errr... moon walk... errr... whatever you misinformed posters wanna call it.

Excellent post young man. [emoji106][emoji202]

Reaction score
So much doom and gloom and it's all based on mere speculations :grumble:

Interesting turn of events, as in the past, Liberals always labeled the GOP as the Party of "Doom and Gloom" ;)

Don't worry! Conservatives survived eight years under Obama and surely you can fair at least as well under Trump. Smile, you will feel better :D

I plan on playing it safe. I'm a head of the game.

The last 8 years have been good for me, although it took the first 4 years to get comfortable.

I'm sure I'll double my money with Trump too.

GRADS

Reaction score

Bet yet gas prices are the lowest ever. I remember the days of having $700 fill ups on the boat. I prefer not to go back to that.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Bet yet gas prices are the lowest ever. I remember the days of having $700 fill ups on the boat. I prefer not to go back to that.

You should thank WTG and a slew of Roughnecks for that as they've put OPEC on their heals with improving the cost of the shale extraction.

Without the $5-$6 OPEC hike the fast track of shale doesn't happen.

Hauling oil by freight train is way more dangerous than by pipeline. Warren Buffet is absolutely against the pipeline but basically owns the railroad. He also campaigns on behalf of Hillary Clinton who coincidentally is against the safer transport of oil by pipeline.

You should research Standard Oil and John D. Rockefeller and that battle over oil and the railroad versus pipeline.

You're weak on the subject and waaaaay over your head on what makes the world tick and have no business lecturing this board on how the world should operate. Stick to building pools [emoji106]

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

Could you go stamp that on Grads forehead please. What a fricking idiot.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
$5-7 gas here we come! [emoji107]
The fox guarding the hen house comes to mind.

Last month you said $5-$6 a gallon.

I'm not sure why you think gas will sky rocket?
What do you base that prediction on?

Generally speaking, more inventory tends to drive prices down in fact.
(Unless you are buying bulk on the black market)

What makes you think increased domestic production will drive up pump prices?
The Feds and states make far more off a gallon of gas than the big bad oil companies do.

Hullbilly

Reaction score

The Feds and states make far more off a gallon of gas than the big bad oil companies do.

I hope prices keep going down, then I'll fire up the V10 excursion more often. That'll help keep all of Gramp's "experts" on their toes!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Oh I think they will go up for sure.
The price of gas isn't really the "yardstick" for determining the health of the industry from my end of it, but it is what MOST consumers equate to what the oil companies are doing.
The reality is that the price of a gallon of gas has little to do with the big oil operators.

Right now, the price of gas is and has been at artificially low prices for some time...all due to slight of hand politics and an outright criminal enterprise.
about 2-3 years ago, OPEC drove the global prices down by flooding the market. This was done by using the acquisition of black market oil purchases from the very group that we think we are fighting...ISIS. The reason for OPEC doing this is multifaceted, but the Saudi leader has stated outright (back then) that crippling the USA domestic energy economy was not the least of their motives.
ISIS has been selling an estimated $1 million - $3 million a DAY (at an estimated $20 a BBL) in stolen Syrian oil for at least the last 3 years or even longer.

That ain't back ally amounts, It's a big time operation... one could almost say that ISIS is really just the pawns of OPEC , financed and encouraged to slaughter on the grounds of religion, yet producing 50% margins on a global level.

The current admin is more than happy to be the primary buyer of this cheap oil, Obamas reasons are also multifaceted.
For one, he can drive down pump prices and "pied piper" the short sighted by what they see as the numbers click while fueling.
Take what Grads said as an example...$700 to fill his big boat is worse than $500 or so...that's all he cares to think about it. (Yet says he hopes we are all driving Tesla's one day?)

Obama and his backers have made YUGE money off of "green energy" scamming...but notice that our fuel usage has not gone down...but rather it has increased.
They were more than happy to buy cheap oil (and go right along with collapsing our domestic energy economy, while outright villianizing American companies and industries) , drive down pump prices to placate the blind sheep, cook up green scams to line pockets, and ALL THE WHILE flying plane loads cash to Iran as the surcharge for being allowed to participate...which by the way finances the very savages that kill us...ISIS.

So...how all this settles out is anybody's guess. The Saudis obviously see it coming to an end of some fashioning with Trump as President.
Putin is well aware of this and want's nothing more than to stop it or control it...and he's bombed them to prove it. It's the primary reason he hates Obama...obama keeps buying from the "competition".

So to summarize, however Trump addresses this mess that O has led us to will determine where we land as far as what Stain has to cough up for that precious gallon of gas...but whatever it ends up being, rest assured that Krogers makes more profit off a 99 cent gallon of water than exxon makes on a $2.25 gallon of gas.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Oh I think they will go up for sure.
The price of gas isn't really the "yardstick" for determining the health of the industry from my end of it, but it is what MOST consumers equate to what the oil companies are doing.
The reality is that the price of a gallon of gas has little to do with the big oil operators.

Right now, the price of gas is and has been at artificially low prices for some time...all due to slight of hand politics and an outright criminal enterprise.
about 2-3 years ago, OPEC drove the global prices down by flooding the market. This was done by using the acquisition of black market oil purchases from the very group that we think we are fighting...ISIS. The reason for OPEC doing this is multifaceted, but the Saudi leader has stated outright (back then) that crippling the USA domestic energy economy was not the least of their motives.
ISIS has been selling an estimated $1 million - $3 million a DAY (at an estimated $20 a BBL) in stolen Syrian oil for at least the last 3 years or even longer.

That ain't back ally amounts, It's a big time operation... one could almost say that ISIS is really just the pawns of OPEC , financed and encouraged to slaughter on the grounds of religion, yet producing 50% margins on a global level.

The current admin is more than happy to be the primary buyer of this cheap oil, Obamas reasons are also multifaceted.
For one, he can drive down pump prices and "pied piper" the short sighted by what they see as the numbers click while fueling.
Take what Grads said as an example...$700 to fill his big boat is worse than $500 or so...that's all he cares to think about it. (Yet says he hopes we are all driving Tesla's one day?)

Obama and his backers have made YUGE money off of "green energy" scamming...but notice that our fuel usage has not gone down...but rather it has increased.
They were more than happy to buy cheap oil (and go right along with collapsing our domestic energy economy, while outright villianizing American companies and industries) , drive down pump prices to placate the blind sheep, cook up green scams to line pockets, and ALL THE WHILE flying plane loads cash to Iran as the surcharge for being allowed to participate...which by the way finances the very savages that kill us...ISIS.

So...how all this settles out is anybody's guess. The Saudis obviously see it coming to an end of some fashioning with Trump as President.
Putin is well aware of this and want's nothing more than to stop it or control it...and he's bombed them to prove it. It's the primary reason he hates Obama...obama keeps buying from the "competition".

So to summarize, however Trump addresses this mess that O has led us to will determine where we land as far as what Stain has to cough up for that precious gallon of gas...but whatever it ends up being, rest assured that Krogers makes more profit off a 99 cent gallon of water than exxon makes on a $2.25 gallon of gas.

Class is in session, Grads just got schooled by the industry insider Lol

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Class is in session, Grads just got schooled by the industry insider Lol

What really bothers me is that for all the talk of from some of vaunted "principles" during this election, those same "principles" seem to be for sale at the gas pump.

"Lets see, I can save 50 cents a gallon and keep thousands of Americans unemployed, and furnish weapons and money to those who may shoot up a local mall and kill my neighbors or me, while handing USA dollars to 100% foreign entities who want to and have been strangling our economy, while also falling for green energy hoaxes that line the pockets of politicians...or I can pay a few dollars more at "the pump", "buy American" and keep money and guns out of my enemy's hands, employ my neighbors, and maybe help this Nation become self sufficient as far as energy goes...Hmmm...how will I choose???

"Oh wait...Trump said Pussy...my principles are outraged...I can't sleep if I vote for him....Well fuck that I want my $2.00 a gallon gas"
fucking sheep I swear.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score

$5, 6, 7, who the fuck knows, may go higher this time if the machine gets its way?
Exxon-Mobile was posting bazillions in profit(50% if I remember) each quarter 3-4 years ago while at the pump consumers got ass raped! I know of no other industry with such a captive audience?
As for the profit on a gallon of bottled water vs fuel, the difference is that I can drink from the tap whereas fuel I do not have a choice other than to buy a Prius.
The only people that do well with high gas prices are manipulators/controllers and stockholders of big oil. I understand your short sidedness on this subject, but don't expect consumers to agree with you when 25 gallons of gas @ $3/gallon cost $75 vs $5/G costing $125 to fill up, SMH! What may be excessively good for the oil industry cripples many, many others.

Sandlord

Reaction score
The contest for the most talked about role in Donald Trump's administration has reportedly ended. The president-elect Donald Trump has chosen Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson for secretary of state, according to NBC News' Andrea Mitchell

I still haven't heard it from Trump. Did I miss it somewhere?

500bbc

Reaction score
$5, 6, 7, who the fuck knows, may go higher this time if the machine gets its way?
Exxon-Mobile was posting bazillions in profit(50% if I remember) each quarter 3-4 years ago while at the pump consumers got ass raped! I know of no other industry with such a captive audience?
As for the profit on a gallon of bottled water vs fuel, the difference is that I can drink from the tap whereas fuel I do not have a choice other than to buy a Prius.
The only people that do well with high gas prices are manipulators/controllers and stockholders of big oil. I understand your short sidedness on this subject, but don't expect consumers to agree with you when 25 gallons of gas @ $3/gallon cost $75 vs $5/G costing $125 to fill up, SMH! What may be excessively good for the oil industry cripples many, many others.

That's odd, I remember 9% which equaled 10's of billions.

People only hear the billions though, % net baffling most.

SNiC Jet

Reaction score
That's odd, I remember 9% which equaled 10's of billions.

People only hear the billions though, % net baffling most.

Don't you mean "bazillions"...... WTF???. That must be a Tard Term :rolleyes

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

I implore you, do NOT drink the tap water in Tucson!:eek

rrrr

Reaction score

Paul, 25 years ago, before the 1992 election, I was saying that the president should be a man that has run a huge multinational corporation. Since then it's been nothing but politicians, until now. I firmly believe people like Trump and Tillerson can run the country in a manner that will benefit all of us.

For those of you that say Tillerson will operate in the best interests of Exxon...pull your head out of your ass. Do you really think Trump and Tillerson would do something which would benefit their businesses? Once he's in office, Tillerson won't give two fucks about Exxon. High caliber executives change companies all the time, it's nothing new. Alan Mulally went from running Boeing to becoming the CEO of Ford. Is he pursuing policies at Ford which might benefit Boeing? No, and hell no. He has a board of directors to answer to. Tillerson has to answer to the president. The president has to answer to Congress and the public.

They aren't going to run the government like a kingdom. For you guys to claim that just shows stupidity.

Where were you when Clinton was accepting hundreds of millions for her foundation while she was secretary of state? What about Kerry? Has he done anything to benefit Heinz? DId you know he's worth over $200 million? Don't you think he has any skeletons in his closet? I sure do. He is a reprehensible slimeball.

But no one has bothered to explore Clinton's and Kerry's back rooms. I'm a helluva lot more comfortable with Tillerson than I was when Clinton was SoS, same goes for Kerry.

As for the "way" Exxon makes money, someone please elaborate. They follow the laws, they pay all the taxes they are supposed to. Their stock is in the portfolios of little old retired ladies.

Complaining about the oil companies is hypocritical. Do you use gasoline? Have plastic bags in your garbage can? Your old lady use makeup (Grad's use included)?

Quit with the social protest warrior crap. You're just making yourself look stupid.

GRADS

Reaction score
For those of you that say Tillerson will operate in the best interests of Exxon...pull your head out of your ass. Do you really think Trump and Tillerson would do something which would benefit their businesses?

:lmao YES, ABSOLUTELY.

rrrr

Reaction score
Does this mean gas prices will remain around $2.00 a gallon for unleaded?

My advisor is telling me to sell stock next year, but before the January 20th.

If all works out, I'll be buying the stock back at a 30-40% discount over the next 1-2 years.

You're nuts if you take that advice. Your "advisor" is allowing his distaste for Trump to cloud his judgement. The Dow has gone up a thousand points since October. The pros behind that rise don't see anything that would cause a bear market and serious recession in the next 30-45 days. If they did, they would already be running for the exits.

GRADS

Reaction score
Aren't you the guy that had "President Clinton" in his avatar?

I thought so. Case closed.

And if Russia wouldn't of fucked with the election she would be.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
Don't you mean FAKE NEWS? ;)
The Donald doesn't do fake news :yikes, speculation will always be speculation no matter what side of the fence it comes from. ;)
See the thread l just posted from Kellyann Conway on "Tillerson is part of the Trump effect" and that will help in your progress to becoming a like minded Republican.:D

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
Paul, 25 years ago, before the 1992 election, I was saying that the president should be a man that has run a huge multinational corporation. Since then it's been nothing but politicians, until now. I firmly believe people like Trump and Tillerson can run the country in a manner that will benefit all of us.

For those of you that say Tillerson will operate in the best interests of Exxon...pull your head out of your ass. Do you really think Trump and Tillerson would do something which would benefit their businesses? Once he's in office, Tillerson won't give two fucks about Exxon. High caliber executives change companies all the time, it's nothing new. Alan Mulally went from running Boeing to becoming the CEO of Ford. Is he pursuing policies at Ford which might benefit Boeing? No, and hell no. He has a board of directors to answer to. Tillerson has to answer to the president. The president has to answer to Congress and the public.

They aren't going to run the government like a kingdom. For you guys to claim that just shows stupidity.

Where were you when Clinton was accepting hundreds of millions for her foundation while she was secretary of state? What about Kerry? Has he done anything to benefit Heinz? DId you know he's worth over $200 million? Don't you think he has any skeletons in his closet? I sure do. He is a reprehensible slimeball.

But no one has bothered to explore Clinton's and Kerry's back rooms. I'm a helluva lot more comfortable with Tillerson than I was when Clinton was SoS, same goes for Kerry.

As for the "way" Exxon makes money, someone please elaborate. They follow the laws, they pay all the taxes they are supposed to. Their stock is in the portfolios of little old retired ladies.

Complaining about the oil companies is hypocritical. Do you use gasoline? Have plastic bags in your garbage can? Your old lady use makeup (Grad's use included)?

Quit with the social protest warrior crap. You're just making yourself look stupid.

Google says $218M in EM stock and this...
http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/11/investing/rex-tillerson-exxon-russia-putin/index.html
I'm sure he won't be influenced by either. [emoji6]

Sandlord

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
I believe it's being announced this week, until then it's pure speculation.

Don't you mean FAKE NEWS? ;)

I watched Trump earlier say he will make an announcement soon.

All the FAKE NEWS regarding Tillerson being picked trace back to Andrea Mitchell of NBC and good friend of Hillary.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score

Inventory your home and list what doesn't have materials and components that are in some way made using petroleum products.