WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reliable boat mechanic in the inland Empire

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
My friend from is looking for a reliable boat mechanic in the Riverside/ Corona area for a leak on his out drive Ram. He would like to get it done out here instead of Havasu so he can enjoy time on the water. He always went to elite Marine in the Highgrove Riverside area, but he was retired.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Carrera Boats in Hemet...they have done work on my Laveycraft and have been dependable and reliable.

olduner

Reaction score
Following, Elite forwarded their phone # to Johnson Marine in Ontario on Holt blvd, have not tried them would also like to find a shop in Riverside, Fontana area.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Daves marine in chino. I had a buddy have a very unpleasant experience with house of boats. So I’d prob stay away from there. You can also read reviews online.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Is this an IMCO ram? He can call them and send it to them for rebuild, if it’s not a time crunch.

Otherwise other boat shops should have a ram they can sell (probably rebuilt) and take the bad one in to send out for rebuild themselves.

HBCraig

Reaction score
My friend from is looking for a reliable boat mechanic in the Riverside/ Corona area for a leak on his out drive Ram. He would like to get it done out here instead of Havasu so he can enjoy time on the water. He always went to elite Marine in the Highgrove Riverside area, but he was retired.
If it's an Imco ram they have a facility in San Dimas

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
GS marine in Corona at 951-272-6060 ought to be able to take care of the leaking trim cylinder ram?…Been in business for years.

If he’s looking for a Merc service dealer only, try inputting his zip code in the following Merc link and click service only to narrow down the dealers,

Shockwave boats in corona works on all models and does a really good job too.

Or Paul out at Extreme Custom Marine at 1331 E. St Gertrude Pl

Santa Ana, Ca 92705​

714-486-1607​

JFMFG

Reaction score
I had a great experience with dick sherrer when I used to keep my boat in CA now that I think of it but they’re in Norwalk

wzuber

Reaction score
Daves marine in chino. I had a buddy have a very unpleasant experience with house of boats. So I’d prob stay away from there. You can also read reviews online.
Daves helped me out a couple years ago on a throttle cable on an old boat nobody else could be bothered with. Quick turnaround and very reasonable price...
GS marine is good too. Greg takes care of a ton of peoples boats....solid guy and service.

MagicMan

Reaction score
Daves helped me out a couple years ago on a throttle cable on an old boat nobody else could be bothered with. Quick turnaround and very reasonable price...
GS marine is good too. Greg takes care of a ton of peoples boats....solid guy and service.
Dave is a great guy , used his shop for parts recently. He is super swamped over there right now, call sooner than later.

Wave Hi

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this post , but anyone know of a jet boat mechanic in las vegas area ??

traquer

Reaction score
Corona marine on grand always did me right. Interesting character and ugly shop, but work was good. Installed an IMCO fuel selector for me as well as other misc stuff like basic service etc.

D19

Reaction score
If you need anything at IMCO, go check out the San Dimas shop. Whether it’s CA or NV, they’ll help you get everything figured out. Great company owned by a nice family and most the employees have worked there forever and take a lot of pride in their work and products.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Not trying to hijack this post , but anyone know of a jet boat mechanic in las vegas area ??
Isn’t any boat mechanic capable of jet boat work?what specifically are you looking to have done?

wzuber

Reaction score
Looking for somebody to go thru my pump and freshin it up . Seals , gaskets ,o-rings.
Call Shane @ havasu marine specialties. He knows that market well as he's from vegas. If your looking for just a freshen up, most any marine shop should be able to do it providing they have done them in the past and have the impeller puller tool, seal and bushing drivers and mic/calipers etc. To correctly set the wear ring clearances etc.
What brand/type of pump?

Wave Hi

Reaction score
Call Shane @ havasu marine specialties. He knows that market well as he's from vegas. If your looking for just a freshen up, most any marine shop should be able to do it providing they have done them in the past and have the impeller puller tool, seal and bushing drivers and mic/calipers etc. To correctly set the wear ring clearances etc.
What brand/type of pump?
Its an American Turbine

Wave Hi

Reaction score
What brand/type of pump?
I appreciate the lead, i will reach out to Shane.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Isn’t any boat mechanic capable of jet boat work?what specifically are you looking to have done?
While possibly yes they can and may have done so in the past, there are some marine service shops that prefer to specialize on certain design aspects over the other to where taking a jet boat for jet repair type services, as a customer you may end up having a better running plus better understanding of your boats potential performances if you found a shop that specializes in jets over sterndrives, etc...

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
While possibly yes they can and may have done so in the past, there are some marine service shops that prefer to specialize on certain design aspects over the other to where taking a jet boat for jet repair type services, as a customer you may end up having a better running plus better understanding of your boats potential performances if you found a shop that specializes in jets over sterndrives, etc...
Well if you are the upper percentage of jet boat guys and you want performance out of your jet because you want every last bit of it for your high horse motor, or bragging rights, you go to guys like JackMcClure, Harold Bruce or (RIP) Tom Papp, or the member here jet boat performance.

Most jets I see are the river runners and they’ve sucked up so much sand they dont give a rip about their tolerances as long as the pump still squirts. And any old marine shop can probably handle that.

I don’t know which category Wave Hi is in. But folks have a choice.

Wave Hi

Reaction score
Well if you are the upper percentage of jet boat guys and you want performance out of your jet because you want every last bit of it for your high horse motor, or bragging rights, you go to guys like JackMcClure, Harold Bruce or (RIP) Tom Papp, or the member here jet boat performance.

Most jets I see are the river runners and they’ve sucked up so much sand they dont give a rip about their tolerances as long as the pump still squirts. And any old marine shop can probably handle that.

I don’t know which category Wave Hi is in. But folks have a choice.
I am definitely in the lower percentage, but i don't want to take it to a marine place that has worked 1 or 2 pumps in the last 5 years. I am guessing i will probably end up going to Havasu Marine Specialties like @wzuber had suggested. HMS seems to have a lot of experience with jets drives.

@BigRedBryan13

Reaction score
GPM in corona is the only shop I'd let work on my jet pump if I still owned it, his boat and work kinda speak for themselves.

wzuber

Reaction score
You could maybe call American Turbine and see who they recommend in your area?
Isn't AT the modern version of Dominator pumps?.

Wave Hi

Reaction score
You could maybe call American Turbine and see who they recommend in your area?
Isn't AT the modern version of Dominator pumps?.
It is pretty much a Dominator..

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
You want to have fun with a jet boat shop, call one up and tell them you have an Aggressor pump. Crickets.

JBP on the boards is like the only guy left making stuff for Aggressor.

wzuber

Reaction score
You want to have fun with a jet boat shop, call one up and tell them you have an Aggressor pump. Crickets.

JBP on the boards is like the only guy left making stuff for Aggressor.
It's mostly all based off a Berkeley anyway...aggressor, AT, Dominator, and at least 3 more not coming to mind at the moment. Most bowles, thrust bearings, shafts, impellers, wear rings etc. pretty interchangeable.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
It's mostly all based off a Berkeley anyway...aggressor, AT, Dominator, and at least 3 more not coming to mind at the moment. Most bowles, thrust bearings, shafts, impellers, wear rings etc. pretty interchangeable.
Panther, Jacuzzi and Hamilton.