WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ready for the loons to start on Kavanaugh

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
He should remain impartial. He says he is a good judge and his record shows as such.

Brian

The best part is when Kav is seated, it's highly unlikely he will forget.

Why would you want to insult the ref before the game starts?

Reason number 6,345 why democrats are dumb as a bag of rocks.

500bbc

Reaction score
What's complete bull shit is the Dems would NEVER extend this courtesy to the Rs. IF the investigation comes back with nothing not one of those Dems will vote yes...it is sickening!
WHEN it comes back with nothing the Turds will make more demands, Flake will get another check and the shit show will continue

This is why that piece of pretzel shit flake had such low approval ratings his money stream dried up..
Boogity Boogity!

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
The best part is when Kav is seated, it's highly unlikely he will forget.

Why would you want to insult the ref before the game starts?

Reason number 6,345 why democrats are dumb as a bag of rocks.
They aren't thinking that far ahead. They just got a major potential victory if McConnell doesn't have the votes on the floor he will have to give them the investigation. During that week if anything else comes out they will call for those to be investigated, if enough come out they will hope his nomination is pulled. They will delay as long as possible to get to the midterms. They think that they have won.

500bbc

Reaction score
Does this mean the Trumpkin wine boofing soiree is cancelled tonight?

What will you guys do? Maybe a devils triangle? :)
Are you offering to host in your personal vomitorium?

BBBBBBBBAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCKKKKKK slurp slurp gobble gobble

Boogity Boogity!!

Sandlord

Reaction score
whats an FBI investigation going to do?
generate a bunch of statements.
Then they will need another delay to determine who gets to evaluate those statements, and thats where it could get real messy.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
He should remain impartial. He says he is a good judge and his record shows as such.

Brian
Yes, and Sotomayer, Kagel and that bag of sand Ginsberg are totally open minded...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Does this mean the Trumpkin wine boofing soiree is cancelled tonight?

What will you guys do? Maybe a devils triangle? :)

Just think, you “hosted” the most hated Senator in AZ history..............well besides John McStain!!! Hahaha buffoon, you know how to pick em eh oracle hahaha.

EC3D5202-0D7E-46EE-B5DB-E175560BAFCE.gif

wallnutz

Reaction score
So if they drop Kavanaugh and nominate someone else but keep an investigation on Kavanaugh going. Get the other person on the court, then when the old crow croaks, Kavanaugh is a shoe in because he has been investigated to the hilt. Fuck I woke up, but that was a good dream.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
One of my sons just walked by laughing, I asked him why and he showed me Ford's Go Fund Me page getting ready to roll over $500k. That was probably the plan all along.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Just wild.

One of my sons just walked by laughing, I asked him why and he showed me Ford's Go Fund Me page getting ready to roll over $500k. That was probably the plan all along.

500bbc

Reaction score

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Anyone know what happens if the FBI says they are not going to investigate

530RL

Reaction score
Trump says Ford was credible?

LOL

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
Sounds like Trump just turn hard Rightturd on this issue....We will see if he changes his tune over the next week

Reactions: JBS

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score

You’re blaming your and your master’s demise on Trump!!!

hahaha the best part if you haven’t noticed is participation is up here and Flake is hated even more than you ever knew Stainless.

Do it, swallow the RDP bullet like he did when he was proven to be the village idiot. hahaha

Last edited:

530RL

Reaction score
I bet if Ted Cruz was president, he'd pushing for a vote on this nomination hard with steel toed boots. Trump's waffling

And if pushed, I believe Flake, Murkowski, Collins and Manchin would all vote yes.

No good can come from an investigation. For example, the legal drinking age for beer and wine in Maryland was raised to 21 on July 1, 1982 like many states because Reagan demanded it for federal highway funding. Kavanaugh did not turn 18 until February 12, 1983. Like most in his class, they were the class that missed the grandfathering of the drinking age. Despite that, twice in sworn testimony he stated that it was legal for "seniors" to drink when in reality it was for the class before, but not for his. It was not even legal for him to drink in college until he turned 21.

Not a big deal actually, other than a supreme court nominee should know 1) the law and 2) how to apply it and 3) that someone else is going to look it up. Most everyone drank in High School and did so under age. Why try to pawn off a verifiable lie?

When push comes to shove, absent something material, I still believe he gets confirmed.

Last edited:

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Business as usual for Democrats “A Defeat a Week” :)
09B61A96-3446-4223-AA3F-EBC2ADA04A99.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
After taking many steps backwards for almost the last two years. Today was actually one step in the right direction of making america great again. MAGA for the day.

Oh and a week from now it will be Kava-Nah!

RCDave

Reaction score
And if pushed, I believe Flake, Murkowski, Collins and Manchin would all vote yes.

No good can come from an investigation. For example, the legal drinking age for beer and wine in Maryland was raised to 21 on July 1, 1982 like many states because Reagan demanded it for federal highway funding. Kavanaugh did not turn 18 until February 12, 1983. Like most in his class, they were the class that missed the grandfathering of the drinking age. Despite that, twice in sworn testimony he stated that it was legal for "seniors" to drink when in reality it was for the class before, but not for his.

Not a big deal actually, other than a supreme court justice should know 1) the law and 2) know that someone else is going to look it up. Most everyone drank in High School and did so under age. Why try to pawn off a verifiable lie?

When push comes to shove, absent something material, I still believe he gets confirmed.

Logical. All this posturing from the right and left on this issue appears to be directed toward November elections. if the R overplays their hand and strong arms this, they are fearful of loosing seats this election cycle. The left wants seats and will do just about anything to keep a constitutionalist off the SC.

Sandlord

Reaction score
After Trump granted Flakes request for reopening Kav's investigation for a week to look at "credible" allegations of Chrissy Ford,
Fords attorneys now say they do not agree to the limits on time and scope.

530RL

Reaction score
Logical. All this posturing from the right and left on this issue appears to be directed toward November elections. if the R overplays their hand and strong arms this, they are fearful of loosing seats this election cycle. The left wants seats and will do just about anything to keep a constitutionalist off the SC.

I agree with the analysis on tactics, but I disagree that he is a constitutionalist or an originalist any more than RBG is.

Take the 2nd. It states:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are two originalist interpretation. One is that the militia reference does not apply as there are no longer any militia's of which case the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

An originalist would read this as "arms" a defined term, shall not be "infringed" a defined term. In other words, the constitution protects citizens from any restriction from any arm.

The second originalist interpretation is that the militia reference does apply. If it does apply and since we no longer have any militia's, the second amendment is no longer operative at all, and consistent with the constitution, the right to regulate arms is left to the individual states.

Neither the libtards nor the retardicans have either of these views. Both sides have a view that there can be restrictions and want to determine just how much. Both sides want control of the regulation of arms at the federal level, while making up some BS around the 2nd. The 2nd in no way supports either sides position.

So Kavanaugh is no originalist, he is just another politician in a robe. But the R's have the senate for now, and they should get their politician in a robe just as the D's should get theirs when they have control of the senate. Unfortunately, that was pretty much shot down with Garland so we are where we are. Battle to the death.

RCDave

Reaction score
If you ain't the lead dog, the view doesn't change.

I disagree about the militia part and the definition of arms.

While the mid 1800's militias are not in their current form today, that doesn't mean if the government became even more tyrannical, that militias wouldn't reform in some form. And arms as referred to in that era were guns and the most advanced guns available during that time frame.

The left generally wants to eliminate many of the founding documents, hence my reference of a constitutionalist in the context of my prior comment

squeezer

Reaction score
Flake handed the R's a midterm gift...

Kav will be confirmed within the next two weeks (unless something major show up). By agreeing to a weak long investigation the R's can claim to be reasonable and just. Diffusing some of the bile they would have faced if the vote went through today. They get the guy they want, remove some heat and dodge a bullet. If there is something discovered/confirmed then Kav was not deserving...

I cant think of a better turn of events for the R's...

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I agree with the analysis on tactics, but I disagree that he is a constitutionalist or an originalist any more than RBG is.

Take the 2nd. It states:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are two originalist interpretation. One is that the militia reference does not apply as there are no longer any militia's of which case the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

An originalist would read this as "arms" a defined term, shall not be "infringed" a defined term. In other words, the constitution protects citizens from any restriction from any arm.

The second originalist interpretation is that the militia reference does apply. If it does apply and since we no longer have any militia's, the second amendment is no longer operative at all, and consistent with the constitution, the right to regulate arms is left to the individual states.

Neither the libtards nor the retardicans have either of these views. Both sides have a view that there can be restrictions and want to determine just how much. Both sides want control of the regulation of arms at the federal level, while making up some BS around the 2nd. The 2nd in no way supports either sides position.

So Kavanaugh is no originalist, he is just another politician in a robe. But the R's have the senate for now, and they should get their politician in a robe just as the D's should get theirs when they have control of the senate. Unfortunately, that was pretty much shot down with Garland so we are where we are. Battle to the death.
I believe the term militia now refers to the national guard. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

nuckingfuts

Reaction score
Now thatTrump has given the ok for the fbi investigation can he pull the plug in a week ?
Just wondering.

530RL

Reaction score
I believe the term militia now refers to the national guard. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

I agree.

Consistent with that the 2nd is applicable and "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Arm is a legally defined term as is infringed. So if one is an originalist or a constitutionalist, Jeff Bezos has the constitutional right to any arm he so chooses and can afford.

That is simply what it says. However, both sides want restrictions, just some more and some less and both positions are inconsistent with the constitution from an originalist standpoint.

nuckingfuts

Reaction score

If I remember correctly every male between 18 and 50 something is considered part of the militia. Even though not active at this time does not mean that it doesn't exist .

530RL

Reaction score
Now thatTrump has given the ok for the fbi investigation can he pull the plug in a week ?
Just wondering.

The plug will be pulled the second they are confident they have 50 yes votes. If they had it today, there would be no investigation.

This is now on McConnell. He has to keep his party in check and get to 50.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I agree.

Consistent with that the 2nd is applicable and "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Arm is a legally defined term as is infringed. So if one is an originalist or a constitutionalist, Jeff Bezos has the constitutional right to any arm he so chooses.

That is simply what it says. However, both sides want restrictions, just some more and some less and both positions are inconsistent with the constitution from an originalist standpoint.
Those two statements though are seperate, hence the comma. The right of the people does not depend on the militia.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Flake handed the R's a midterm gift...

Kav will be confirmed within the next two weeks (unless something major show up). By agreeing to a weak long investigation the R's can claim to be reasonable and just. Diffusing some of the bile they would have faced if the vote went through today. They get the guy they want, remove some heat and dodge a bullet. If there is something discovered/confirmed then Kav was not deserving...

I cant think of a better turn of events for the R's...

702.jpg

Sandlord

Reaction score
After Trump granted Flakes request for reopening Kav's investigation for a week to look at "credible" allegations of Chrissy Ford,
Fords attorneys now say they do not agree to the limits on time and scope.

SURPRISE!!!

Sarah Sanders cleared it up for Fords attorneys and stated that the President does not need their approval to reopen the FBI investigation. boom.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I swear Flake must be a designated fall guy sometimes. Maybe its strategic, maybe its a distraction, IDK. Theres no way someone can be that big of a fuck up...

500bbc

Reaction score

No good can come from an investigation. For example, the legal drinking age for beer and wine in Maryland was raised to 21 on July 1, 1982 like many states because Reagan demanded it for federal highway funding. Kavanaugh did not turn 18 until February 12, 1983. Like most in his class, they were the class that missed the grandfathering of the drinking age. Despite that, twice in sworn testimony he stated that it was legal for "seniors" to drink when in reality it was for the class before, but not for his. It was not even legal for him to drink in college until he turned 21.

Not a big deal actually, other than a supreme court nominee should know 1) the law and 2) how to apply it and 3) that someone else is going to look it up. Most everyone drank in High School and did so under age. Why try to pawn off a verifiable lie?

Are you on meds? You're almost making sense all of a sudden.

Snow Flake actually embarrass you?