WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RDP Driveby

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
I just wanted to drop by to say hi to the RDP members. It's been a while since we posted here and just wanted to see what's new on the forum front. Seems as though there's a nice vibe here among the members and a lot of new content on the site. I've made it a point this year to get back to posting and contributing more often. We had a very good year last year with PBC and this year is shaping up to be a great one as well. Hopefully we'll be able to get out to more events and see some friendly faces when the slew of projects stop.

In the meantime, here's a few shots of a few paint correction products we've been testing on the automotive side, in case anyone is interested.

The first set of before/after pics is of a 1956 Porsche 356 with single stage paint, which is fairly oxidized.

Attachments

• 256_3.jpg
    256_3.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 356_1.jpg
    356_1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 256_3.jpg
    256_3.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 28
  • 356_2.jpg
    356_2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 356_4.jpg
    356_4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 356_5.jpg
    356_5.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 356_6.jpg
    356_6.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 356_7.jpg
    356_7.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 31

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
...here's some before/after shots of a 2005 BMW 330ci with some surface scratches in the paint. The 50/50 shot really gives a good view of the original condition.

Attachments

• Shea1.jpg
    Shea1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Shea3.jpg
    Shea3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Shea4.jpg
    Shea4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Shea5.jpg
    Shea5.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC04023.jpg
    DSC04023.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 25

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Nice. I use PBC product every time I pull the boat out of the water. Boat shines like new and it smells good too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tim, I gotta have you guys do my truck!! :D

RD

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Nice. I use PBC product every time I pull the boat out of the water. Boat shines like new and it smells good too.

Thanks and glad you like the product, it's always cool to hear people say they like the products.

I believe we've actually met with our wives in Havasu a summer or two ago...good to hear from you and I hope you and your wife are well.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Thanks and glad you like the product, it's always cool to hear people say they like the products.

I believe we've actually met with our wives in Havasu a summer or two ago...good to hear from you and I hope you and your wife are well.

Yep it was last summer at the Heat. :thumbup:

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Great pics -- Just ordered my supplies to get the boat ready for the season when you guys had your boat show special. I added in the Platinum Finish spray -- never used it before and I'm looking forward to checking it out. :thumbup::thumbup:

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Great pics -- Just ordered my supplies to get the boat ready for the season when you guys had your boat show special. I added in the Platinum Finish spray -- never used it before and I'm looking forward to checking it out. :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks, and let me know what you think of the Platinum Finish...a little spray per section of your ride will go a long way, just FYI :thumbup:

TOOLSHED

Reaction score
...here's some before/after shots of a 2005 BMW 330ci with some surface scratches in the paint. The 50/50 shot really gives a good view of the original condition.

What product did you use on the BMW? I need me some of that.....:thumbup:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Dustin at Menace Marine gave me a bottle of your speed gloss. I have been using it on my truck and like it a lot. Looking forward to seeing how it performs out on the lake.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
What product did you use on the BMW? I need me some of that.....:thumbup:

We used a series of products and tools on the BMW. Here's the process, products, and tools:

Started with iron decontaminated and clayed paintwork
Step I: Compounded using rotary polisher with medium foam pad and a derivative of PBC Crystal Cut Compound (1500)
Step II: Polished using dual-action polisher and a finishing polish (3000) that isn't marketed or sold yet
Step III: Applied a coat of sealant (cured 2 hours before removal) that isn't marketed or sold yet

We're hoping to launch the automotive products online this year. In the meantime, you can use PBC Crystal Cut Compound with a medium foam pad, Crysal Cut Polish with a light foam pad, and finish with Crystal Gloss Polymer Wax. That should get you great results even if using a dual-action polisher for the entire process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
We used a series of products and tools on the BMW. Here's the process, products, and tools:

Started with iron decontaminated and clayed paintwork
Step I: Compounded using rotary polisher with medium foam pad and a derivative of PBC Crystal Cut Compound (1500)
Step II: Polished using dual-action polisher and a finishing polish (3000) that isn't marketed or sold yet
Step III: Applied a coat of sealant (cured 2 hours before removal) that isn't marketed or sold yet

We're hoping to launch the automotive products online this year. In the meantime, you can use PBC Crystal Cut Compound with a medium foam pad, Crysal Cut Polish with a light foam pad, and finish with Crystal Gloss Polymer Wax. That should get you great results even if using a dual-action polisher for the entire process.

Let me know if you have any questions.

That's not going to be acceptable.. LOL We are gonna need some of that stuff on the quick so I can do my truck. :D

RD

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Things are good! we gotta do another mexican food day at the house next time you are in town!

You gotta give me some pointers, I'd love to do that polish to my truck.

RD

That sounds great...love mexican food.

I'll let you know when I'm in Havasu...we'll bring some test products to try on your truck. Our new sealant is really nice in my opinion.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Dustin at Menace Marine gave me a bottle of your speed gloss. I have been using it on my truck and like it a lot. Looking forward to seeing how it performs out on the lake.

Yes, we know Dustin...really good guy and great boat mechanic from what I've heard/seen.

Let us know how the product works on your boat :thumbup:

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Yes, we know Dustin...really good guy and great boat mechanic from what I've heard/seen.

Let us know how the product works on your boat :thumbup:

Yeah, he is awesome. I tow my boat from Murrieta all the way to Valencia for him to work on it. I was just on the website and thinking about ordering the Stage I kit. I recently detailed with a Mother's Synthetic Polymer, but didn't get the results I wanted so I will give yours a shot.

Any RDP discount codes available??? :D

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Yeah, he is awesome. I tow my boat from Murrieta all the way to Valencia for him to work on it. I was just on the website and thinking about ordering the Stage I kit. I recently detailed with a Mother's Synthetic Polymer, but didn't get the results I wanted so I will give yours a shot.

Any RDP discount codes available??? :D

The Stage I kit is one of our best selling bundles...we get a lot of great feedback on that combo.

Try this code: RDP

milkmoney

Reaction score
I can't believe nobody has ask Tim how his lovely wife is. ?

Hey hey hey :)

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Here's a couple of pics of a cool car we did some testing with. According to the owner, this is 1 of 38 of these particular Murci SV models in the US. The only metal under paint is on the roof panel...the rest is carbon.

Started with iron and clay decontaminated paintwork.
Polished with dual-action polisher and finishing polish (3000)
Applied coat of sealant with 2 hour cure time

Attachments

• IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2380.jpg
    IMG_2380.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2387.jpg
    IMG_2387.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 27

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I need a gallon, you guys still do office drop offs?

Walt Hollis

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
I need a gallon, you guys still do office drop offs?

Walt Hollis

Hi Walt. Unfortunately we don't offer a drop off service any longer, but if you order from the website, you'll get free shipping for the moment (at lest until the Fedex shipping API is fixed, lol).