who's there?
O
O who?
O and 6 Raiders!

sorry if you already heard it

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Well they have my dyslexic Browns (who folded from the opening whistle today against the winless Jags) next week, they may get their first win on Sunday...:(

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Go Browns!

:thumbup:

raider hater.jpg

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Well they have my dyslexic Browns (who folded from the opening whistle today against the winless Jags) next week, they may get their first win on Sunday...:(

No the Raiders will come up with another new way to lose a game.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
The Browns for the win. The Raiders didnt return to glory this week either.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
The Browns for the win. The Raiders didnt return to glory this week either.

I'm a huge raiders fan but jeeeezzz this is brutal. The only bright spots for me is that Carr seems to have the potential to be the guy, and that we now have to get a new coach, hopefully a winner who can restore some attitude. It's really hard to get excited for football right now.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm a huge raiders fan but jeeeezzz this is brutal. The only bright spots for me is that Carr seems to have the potential to be the guy, and that we now have to get a new coach, hopefully a winner who can restore some attitude. It's really hard to get excited for football right now.

Trust me, I know your pain.

707dog

Reaction score
X2 it's getting bad for my health...just glad my baseball team is giving me something to cheer for

DtB

Reaction score
the whole thing is a joke. I have a good time with you guys-most of you are Chargers fans and you guys get the joke
but I was really encouraged last week but then they fell off this week
I think the Raiders win a few games going down the stretch. the game I enjoyed most of the weekend though was Penn State they lost but played their ass off. I like what's happening at that school right now

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score

I'm also a huge fan, for years as well as the wife. I'm just going accept we will go 0 and 16, that way if we end up winning a couple it will be that much better. Aim low, that way you are never disappointed LOL

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I know, we got killed by the Steelers.

The Colts didn't have any Luck either Rich lol

Story of my life.

I'm also a huge fan, for years as well as the wife. I'm just going accept we will go 0 and 16, that way if we end up winning a couple it will be that much better. Aim low, that way you are never disappointed LOL

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
.500 is all I ask as a Cleveland fan. That in itself would be a glorious season. Hell, it might be enough for the AFC North title...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Unusual game week where a few teams score 21 points in a matter of moments. Thats got to be one of the more demoralizing things to have happen.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score

I heard Gruden is returning to coach the Raiders. Any validity in this?

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
I don't think there's a chance he comes back. He sees it for what it is. Only way I ever see him back is if they get some good talent. Maybe a team that's real talented but is underachieving. Right one they aren't even chieving...lol.

PVHCA

Reaction score
I heard Gruden is returning to coach the Raiders. Any validity in this?

The rumor that is going around and it may or may not have teeth is that Mark Davis has offered John Gruden a percentage of his share of the team if he comes back to coach and run the whole deal. Here are the problems as I see it, and I have some credible sources.

1.) The Davis family is the Manager of the General Partnership, they control the team PERIOD but are not the majority owners, so giving up any of that % to Gruden may or may not sit well with Mark Davis.
2.) The team isn't worth that much anymore so too speak, they are one of the lowest valued franchises, but considering the Bills just sold for $1.2BIL I'd assume the Raiders could fetch the same.
3.) They have money issues, what I mean is they can't afford to build their own stadium, no new stadium no luxury boxes no BIG corporate dollars coming in.
4.) The NFL will eventually force the sale of the team to someone that can help financially restore the brand, so if Gruden comes in he'll want big big money in the event a sale happens and he is let go.
5.) Fantasy Football has changed the NFL, who the fuck got up yesterday to watch ATL/Detroit? NOONE except Fantasy guys and the Raiders don't have many quality guys right now so fans aren't following them, check their home attendance, it sux in comparison to the NFL average.

IMO, the Davis family should sell the team, I'm a Raider Hater BUT I know that the NFL needs certain teams and the Raiders are one of them, they have loyal fans, they use to dominate merchandise sales and they can get back to the top with proper management and owners, a win win for all fans and the NFL.

Ibeplumbing

Reaction score
The rumor that is going around and it may or may not have teeth is that Mark Davis has offered John Gruden a percentage of his share of the team if he comes back to coach and run the whole deal. Here are the problems as I see it, and I have some credible sources.

1.) The Davis family is the Manager of the General Partnership, they control the team PERIOD but are not the majority owners, so giving up any of that % to Gruden may or may not sit well with Mark Davis.
2.) The team isn't worth that much anymore so too speak, they are one of the lowest valued franchises, but considering the Bills just sold for $1.2BIL I'd assume the Raiders could fetch the same.
3.) They have money issues, what I mean is they can't afford to build their own stadium, no new stadium no luxury boxes no BIG corporate dollars coming in.
4.) The NFL will eventually force the sale of the team to someone that can help financially restore the brand, so if Gruden comes in he'll want big big money in the event a sale happens and he is let go.
5.) Fantasy Football has changed the NFL, who the fuck got up yesterday to watch ATL/Detroit? NOONE except Fantasy guys and the Raiders don't have many quality guys right now so fans aren't following them, check their home attendance, it sux in comparison to the NFL average.

IMO, the Davis family should sell the team, I'm a Raider Hater BUT I know that the NFL needs certain teams and the Raiders are one of them, they have loyal fans, they use to dominate merchandise sales and they can get back to the top with proper management and owners, a win win for all fans and the NFL.

Hit the nail on the head!

DtB

Reaction score
moderator please delete this thread

DtB

Reaction score

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score

Personally I couldn't give 2 shits about the Raiders but..........................I think this ^^^^^ is right on the money as always Phil.

PS....had lunch with my buddy from the Cadillac dealership today and at least he helped me restore my truck to it's "Former Glory" per our conversation last week :D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bad-luck-oakland-raiders-danger-165344293.html

The Oakland Raiders lost to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday and are now halfway to becoming the second team in NFL history to go 0-16.

While there is still a long way to go and the famous slogan in the NFL is "on any given Sunday, any team in the NFL can beat any other team," there is good reason to be pessimistic about the Raiders' chances of winning a game and it has a lot to do with good old fashioned bad luck.

Here are the Raiders' eight remaining opponents along with their current record and Simple Rating System (SRS) in parentheses. SRS weighs how well teams perform in games played and adjusts it for strength of schedule:

Week 10: vs. Denver Broncos (6-2; 1st)
Week 11: at San Diego Chargers (5-4; 9th)
Week 12: vs Kansas City Chiefs (5-3; t-3rd)
Week 13: at St. Louis Rams (3-5; 30th)
Week 14: vs San Francisco 49ers (4-4; 18th)
Week 15: at Kansas City Chiefs (5-3; t-3rd)
Week 16: vs Buffalo Bills (5-3; 11th)
Week 17: at Denver Broncos (6-2; 1st)

Half of the games are against two of the three best teams in the NFL according to SRS. Only one of those games is against a team with a losing record and that one is on the road in St. Louis.

Unfortunately for the Raiders, this is just terrible luck. According to SRS there are four teams that have played worse, including the Jets, Rams, Jaguars, and Bucs.

A big part of the bad luck was that the NFL schedule worked against the Raiders this season. In addition to having three Super Bowl contenders in their own division, the Raiders also had to schedule teams in the NFC West, a division considered by many to be the best in the NFL, as well as the AFC East, which includes the New England Patriots and the surprising Buffalo Bills and Miami Dolphins.

The Raiders are not a good football team. Mix that with a horrific schedule and that's a formula for a historically bad season and the Raiders may soon join the 2008 Lions as the only 0-16 teams in NFL history.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I do believe the Raiders have finally found a QB that will do the job so long as they don't screw him up with bad coaching and poor support players. The kid has brains and talent. I hope for his sake they nurture him the right way.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Cmon Danny, don't give up that easily! They aren't really as bad as the record suggests. The pats blew out Manning far worse than the world champions beat the raiders.
They are dealing with trying to play as a learning team, in the face of arguably the toughest schedule in the league.

Points wise they aren't that far off of being a .500 team. QB is looking better than anything they have fielded for years.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I do believe the Raiders have finally found a QB that will do the job so long as they don't screw him up with bad coaching and poor support players. The kid has brains and talent. I hope for his sake they nurture him the right way.

:thumbup:
The worst thing they could do to Carr, is to give him a new Offensive Coordinator/new offense to learn every year.
But we're talking about the Raiders so this worst-case scenario will likely happen.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Wtf is with you so called "fans"???

Bellyaching about a few losses??

I didn't even have a freakin' team for 2 years after Modell moved them to Baltimore.
Suck it up and stand behind your team, stop whining like a bunch of 49er bandwagoners.

"Boo Hoo, my team sucks, sniff sniff", cry me a fucking River. You cheer for them win or lose, that's what real fans do.

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Wtf is with you so called "fans"???

Bellyaching about a few losses??

I didn't even have a freakin' team for 2 years after Modell moved them to Baltimore.
Suck it up and stand behind your team, stop whining like a bunch of 49er bandwagoners.

"Boo Hoo, my team sucks, sniff sniff", cry me a fucking River. You cheer for them win or lose, that's what real fans do.
A "few" losses? lol No whine.Disgust.Flabbergasted.I see no vision/plan.Ive grown weary...

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
A "few" losses? lol No whine.Disgust.Flabbergasted.I see no vision/plan.Ive grown weary...

Really?
My team is over .500 for the first time in like 14 years...(at mid season)

I remember the Raiders in at least 1 Super Bowl in that time?
Check back in 10 years, THEN you can cry!!:yikes:D

blacksockdown

Banned
Reaction score
Really?
My team is over .500 for the first time in like 14 years...(at mid season)

I remember the Raiders in at least 1 Super Bowl in that time?
Check back in 10 years, THEN you can cry!!:yikes:D

Once again.No cry.Revulsion.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
[emoji106]
The worst thing they could do to Carr, is to give him a new Offensive Coordinator/new offense to learn every year.
But we're talking about the Raiders so this worst-case scenario will likely happen.
I see teams out there with talented young qbs. While my teams qb is playing good (sans last week), he is also in the latter half of his career. Soon the Chargers will have to find their next future and go through some bad years again. Cyclical for most teams every 10-15 years.

pronstar

Reaction score
^^ there truly are only a small handful - certainly less than 32 - of quality QB's out there.

It's can be a crapshoot - take Matt Flynn or Matt Cassell. Good in a particular scheme with particular personnel, but terrible when playing elsewhere.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...nio-officials-to-discuss-possible-relocation/

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis met with a delegation of officials from San Antonio on Friday to talk about a potential move for the franchise.

Former San Antonio Mayor Henry Cisneros and other city officials traveled to the Bay Area for the meeting, which comes about four months after Davis and other team officials had met with the group in San Antonio.

?We?re going to present San Antonio?s strengths and assets in the most persuasive way possible,? Cisneros told the San Antonio Express-News before the meeting. ?We have a very, very good opportunity to set it forth in a way the Raiders can digest.?

Team officials declined to comment on the meeting.

The Raiders are in the final year of their lease at the Oakland Coliseum and are seeking a long-term deal. Davis has said his first choice is to remain in Oakland but he has been unable to reach a deal for a new stadium with local officials. The Raiders also could move back to Los Angeles, their home from 1982-94.

The Raiders are the only NFL team that shares its stadium with a baseball team. The Athletics recently signed a 10-year lease to remain in Oakland. But that agreement includes a provision to allow the Raiders to knock down the Coliseum for a new football stadium.

The Raiders left Oakland once before when they moved to Los Angeles following the 1981 season. Late owner Al Davis brought the team back in 1995.

Raiders officials also attended a college football game earlier this year at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio to determine if it was suitable as a temporary home if they decided to move there.

pronstar

Reaction score
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014...nio-officials-to-discuss-possible-relocation/

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis met with a delegation of officials from San Antonio on Friday to talk about a potential move for the franchise.

Former San Antonio Mayor Henry Cisneros and other city officials traveled to the Bay Area for the meeting, which comes about four months after Davis and other team officials had met with the group in San Antonio.

?We?re going to present San Antonio?s strengths and assets in the most persuasive way possible,? Cisneros told the San Antonio Express-News before the meeting. ?We have a very, very good opportunity to set it forth in a way the Raiders can digest.?

Team officials declined to comment on the meeting.

The Raiders are in the final year of their lease at the Oakland Coliseum and are seeking a long-term deal. Davis has said his first choice is to remain in Oakland but he has been unable to reach a deal for a new stadium with local officials. The Raiders also could move back to Los Angeles, their home from 1982-94.

The Raiders are the only NFL team that shares its stadium with a baseball team. The Athletics recently signed a 10-year lease to remain in Oakland. But that agreement includes a provision to allow the Raiders to knock down the Coliseum for a new football stadium.

The Raiders left Oakland once before when they moved to Los Angeles following the 1981 season. Late owner Al Davis brought the team back in 1995.

Raiders officials also attended a college football game earlier this year at the Alamo Dome in San Antonio to determine if it was suitable as a temporary home if they decided to move there.

Not sure how newsworthy this really is, as Davis publicly went to San Antonio to look for a stadium deal earlier this year.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ner-confirms-talks-with-san-antonio/13362091/