WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ponder this...

If you had to pick would you keep the river or the desert?

• Total voters

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
If you had to pick would you keep the river or the desert? You can only pick one.

I know I would take the river hands down.

parker guy

Reaction score
Parker we get bolth , the river to the right and the desert to the left

:beer

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
River. When its hot, I jump in and cool down. When its cold I put on a sweatshirt and drink/ fish.

XtrmWakeborder

Bean Counter
Reaction score
River, I don't even like going to the desert much. Then again I don't have a 100k dollar rail either.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
:cool:I've never been to any of the places that you guys go for offroad/dirtbike/etc. So I wouldn't know :)

Being the extremist that I am.........its probably better that way:D

D

Deleted Account

Our girls don't like getting their hair dirty...

River it is. :D

dezertrider

Reaction score
I love the desert. We go all the time. Allot more then the River but if I had to choose I would hit the River. I need to put my wallet on steroids so I can go to the river more often

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
The the whole off roading phenomenon never appealed to me. Much rather prefer to be at the river/lake :beer

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
Shit...busted!!!

How u bean woman....;):beer

I've bean gud! Spank you for askin'

I had a nice relaxing weekend out in Havi, rode my quad, drank a few beers, harassed a few locals...life is gud.

'Cept I came home to snow :mad: Sucks ass.

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
River...

BTW, this isn't an official poll, RD Sux wasn't an option... :D :D

Baja Big Dog

Banned
Reaction score
I've bean gud! Spank you for askin'

I had a nice relaxing weekend out in Havi, rode my quad, drank a few beers, harassed a few locals...life is gud.

'Cept I came home to snow :mad: Sucks ass.

Sucks to be you...or vice a versa!!:D

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
The Lake.
I was forced into this choice a few years back, 'cause of my back.
Sold the rail, my quad, etc.
I missed it big time.
Summer rolled around and we got the boat out. Cindy and I paid about 3k for our first boat, fixed it up enjoyed the heck out of it, and sold it for 5k 8 years later.
We bought the Sanger for alot more money, but agree comppletely that money we have spent on "water time" has been the best bang for the buck we have spent as a family.
Nothing beats time at the lake. If I could afford a houseboat on our little piece of paradise, I would buy one in a heartbeat.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
But thats just another hobby that takes away from the boating fund :hmm

I have to go against the current and say desert. I can still get away from it all in the desert. Plus I have a Jeep that is much nicer than my boat.

At the river I am confined to the month of October for a slower time and water still warm enough to swim in.

BajaMike

Reaction score
River...........girls wear a lot less clothes on the water.......:D

:beer

n2riverlife

Reaction score
river's got best of both worlds. it's refreashing to get away from the heat and play with the toys across the river during the winter.

atomickitn

Time for a Change
Reaction score
RIVER.......the desert is like going to the movies....:D

mrs. bordsmnj

StokerWhore's Ol' Lady
Reaction score
River for sure. I love love love the desert but I love love love the river more!!

Oh wait, lemme be corny......Where ever good times with good friends is where I would be! ;)

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I've been riding/racing in the desert half of my life, I get more enjoyment from hangin in the desert.

mbrown2

Reaction score
River....you have the desert at the river too...even a couple sand dunes off Shea Road...

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
I have to go against the current and say desert. I can still get away from it all in the desert. Plus I have a Jeep that is much nicer than my boat.

At the river I am confined to the month of October for a slower time and water still warm enough to swim in.

For me personally, after Labor Day its hard to get back out to the river/lake for any length of time, let alone just the weekend. No one in my family rides or has ever been into riding motorcycles, so the transition into the motocross and offroad vehicle scene never happened.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
My wife and I have had this same conversation for years. For me, its easy, I'll take the lake. "Desert" for us is Glamis. We can go riding in the desert around our house in the winter if boating isnt going to work, so in essence we still have both. Luckily, I dont see a forced decision to quit going to the sand anytime soon!

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
For me personally, after Labor Day its hard to get back out to the river/lake for any length of time, let alone just the weekend. No one in my family rides or has ever been into riding motorcycles, so the transition into the motocross and offroad vehicle scene never happened.

Your right about the length of time to spend after Labor Day. I pull the kids out of school for two days middle of the month in Oct. and we do a 4 dayer.

Love the river in October.

Jackpunx

Reaction score
If I was forced to choose.. Im kinda in that situation right now.. I would choose the desert.
Ive been doing the water thing for a while.. I dont drink.. so when I go.. I like to drive.. I dont like hanging at the sandbar very long.. so when I go.. I either get stuck babysitting drunks.. or take them hostage for a 10 min ride to the top of the river and back..
The desert allows me to hop on my bike and let it all hang out.. I come back tired and having seen stuff for the first time all the time.
My kids love it because they are in charge of there bikes.. and are not along for the ride all the time.. and they dont have to hear the same jokes over and over from all the drunks..lol
the list goes on..
Dont get me wrong.. I love the river.. But at this point in my life if I had to make a choice.. I'll see all ya all fuckers in the winter:D

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Your right about the length of time to spend after Labor Day. I pull the kids out of school for two days middle of the month in Oct. and we do a 4 dayer.

Love the river in October.

I've done several October trips out to the lake over the years and love it. Just way too much work for 1 day on the water!