WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Performance Boat Candy

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I got it all down at my shop.. I spent two days detailing the he'll out of my truck because it hasn't been washed in months. I had hard water spots on the windows, windex wouldn't get it off, eagle one wouldn't get it off.. Spray a little PBC and there gone. Bugs embedded into the paint from rice rd at 100+... Tried everything, spray a little PBC came right off.. The Chrome around the grill and on the back had little smudges of dirt in it, that almost looked like pitting at first to me. Again Sprayed some PBC and scrubbed, and it looks brand new.

At first I was spot cleaning with PBC by the end of the first day every other bottle I had was sitting on the shelf and I just spray waxed the whole truck from the roof on down.

I got out my usual leather cleaners and conditioners, and wiped the seats down with the cleaners.. Just as a comparison I sprayed the PBC cleaner and wiped it over again, the rag came back dirty.. It pulled more off the seats then my usual eagle one. The conditioner felt a little oily at first, but once it dried it left the seats soft.

People ask me all the time "I know they advertise with you, but what do you really use?".

I use performance boat candy on my boats, and now on my truck. PBC wins in my mind hands down across the board..

(On the wheels I use an orange colored degreaser, followed up with PBC.. I'm hoping the wax will help to deter brake dust in the future. I'll let you know how it works out)

Others can use whatever they want, I'm just saying this is what works for me. I'm always interested in trying new products etc.. but right now PBC is king of the hill in my book.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713748.894710.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713748.894710.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 357
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713768.327694.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713768.327694.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 361
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713787.080270.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713787.080270.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 361
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713809.296370.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311713809.296370.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 360

Unforgiven

Powered by Patron
Reaction score
Can I bring the Suburban down? I need it cleaned before we head out for the honeymoon then to Havasu..on yea..do the boat too....Eddie

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
For some reason, I open every thread that has to do with Performance Boat Candy. :D

Reaction score
You know what gets rid of brake dust right:D

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
not sold on any "spray on wax" product. its just a topical fix, its temporary. i stick to compound, polish, and wax with a DA and pads.

i do have a lot of black trim on my expedition that i cant seem to find a good product to use on it. armor all, tire wet, back to black, etc all leave an oily residue that gets all over everything if the car ever gets wet.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Looks great Dave.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, I wipe down the boat and it leaves behind a thin film / haze, no big deal but I have to go back and hit it one more time with a dry towel. I use the costco quality towels, and change them out 2-3 times when I wipe it down as they get dirty. I spray, wipe the scum off, wipe till dry and them move on. When I look back down the side of the boat I have a haze that needs one more wipe down to remove????

Thx, Walt

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe I am doing something wrong, I wipe down the boat and it leaves behind a thin film / haze, no big deal but I have to go back and hit it one more time with a dry towel. I use the costco quality towels, and change them out 2-3 times when I wipe it down as they get dirty. I spray, wipe the scum off, wipe till dry and them move on. When I look back down the side of the boat I have a haze that needs one more wipe down to remove????

Thx, Walt

You wipe on, and wipe off? It's not wipe on and leave it.. LOL

RD

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score

Thx, Walt

Hi Walt,

The haze that you're refering to is the carnauba wax...which is a good thing since that will offer UV protection and prevent water spot buildup. Try starting with a dry towel and only a few sprays of Speed Gloss, since a little bit goes a long way. Once your towel becomes damp, swap it out for a dry one right away before it becomes saturated.

I've wiped down boats many times and if the towel is saturated, you won't be able to wipe all of the wax off in one shot. Use a dry towel and you won't have the same issue.

BTW: We also use the Costco towels when giving demos, but they do not absorb liquid well at first. One trick is to wash and dry the towels first.

Tim

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Hi Walt,

The haze that you're refering to is the carnauba wax...which is a good thing since that will offer UV protection and prevent water spot buildup. Try starting with a dry towel and only a few sprays of Speed Gloss, since a little bit goes a long way. Once your towel becomes damp, swap it out for a dry one right away before it becomes saturated.

I've wiped down boats many times and if the towel is saturated, you won't be able to wipe all of the wax off in one shot. Use a dry towel and you won't have the same issue.

BTW: We also use the Costco towels when giving demos, but they do not absorb liquid well at first. One trick is to wash and dry the towels first.

Tim

So its a marketing thing :D

After I get down one side of the boat I look back and see the wax I have left behind, something that doesnt occur with your competition, smart move. Confirmation that I am cleaning and applying wax, brilliant strategy.

Keep up the good work.

And also, that wax you let me try out, great stuff, no haze left behind. I always used Mcquires wax on boats and cars and you would always get a haze left behind that didnt come off.

Joker

Reaction score
I really hope the girls smell better than the wax. Can you try to induce something with a fresh scent into it?
The stuff works great, but has a hint of a vomit like odor to it.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score

Everything has a hint of vomit after a weekend of drinking at the lake.

Maybe you should try a tic-tac?

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
She is on the wall already next to the boat, with a strategically placed thumb tack holding the upper left corner.

Nice!

When we're at events giving away posters, its funny to see the reaction we get from some of the guys that are with their wives/girlfriends. We ask if they want a poster and the guy usually looks at his wife/gf first then either takes it happily or says "no" with reluctance...hahaha. We laugh about it every time :D

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I really hope the girls smell better than the wax. Can you try to induce something with a fresh scent into it?

The original blend smelled like that.. They changed it awhile back. New stuff smells like apple martinis to me.

RD

Joker

Reaction score
The original blend smelled like that.. They changed it awhile back. New stuff smells like apple martinis to me.

RD

Hmmm, the new stuff does smell better than the old, but still a hint of it. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Can you try to induce something with a fresh scent into it?

When did you get the product? We had one small batch that came from one of my vendors that didn't use demineralized water ...in sum, the water spot removing agent started breaking down the minerals and released the mineral scent. We caught it early, but unfortunately some of the units made it into the market. The effectiveness of the product was uncompromised but the side effect was the mineral breakdown. This happened last year but we test every single batch to ensure the quality is in line with our standards.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some new product to try with our new green apple scent that we introduced this year.

Joker

Reaction score
When did you get the product? We had one small batch that came from one of my vendors that didn't use demineralized water ...in sum, the water spot removing agent started breaking down the minerals and released the mineral scent. We caught it early, but unfortunately some of the units made it into the market. The effectiveness of the product was uncompromised but the side effect was the mineral breakdown. This happened last year but we test every single batch to ensure the quality is in line with our standards.

PM me your mailing address and I'll send you some new product to try with our new green apple scent that we introduced this year.

No need for the free stuff. I'll use it regardless. I got mine at DS. It did have the apple smell originally and i'm wondering if letting it sit in the heat of the garage has an effect on it at all.
It's the best stuff I've ever used.

E4L

Reaction score
I got it all down at my shop.. I spent two days detailing the he'll out of my truck because it hasn't been washed in months. I had hard water spots on the windows, windex wouldn't get it off, eagle one wouldn't get it off.. Spray a little PBC and there gone. Bugs embedded into the paint from rice rd at 100+... Tried everything, spray a little PBC came right off.. The Chrome around the grill and on the back had little smudges of dirt in it, that almost looked like pitting at first to me. Again Sprayed some PBC and scrubbed, and it looks brand new.

At first I was spot cleaning with PBC by the end of the first day every other bottle I had was sitting on the shelf and I just spray waxed the whole truck from the roof on down.

I got out my usual leather cleaners and conditioners, and wiped the seats down with the cleaners.. Just as a comparison I sprayed the PBC cleaner and wiped it over again, the rag came back dirty.. It pulled more off the seats then my usual eagle one. The conditioner felt a little oily at first, but once it dried it left the seats soft.

People ask me all the time "I know they advertise with you, but what do you really use?".

I use performance boat candy on my boats, and now on my truck. PBC wins in my mind hands down across the board..

(On the wheels I use an orange colored degreaser, followed up with PBC.. I'm hoping the wax will help to deter brake dust in the future. I'll let you know how it works out)

Others can use whatever they want, I'm just saying this is what works for me. I'm always interested in trying new products etc.. but right now PBC is king of the hill in my book.

Glad to hear the good review I can't wait to try mine out.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score

Thread reminded me I needed to try some, ready to order.
Any current deals?

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Thread reminded me I needed to try some, ready to order.
Any current deals?

We're in the process of offering free shipping on orders of $35 or more on the website...it should be up tonight but for sure by tomorrow. If not, just call the toll free number and we'll hook you up: 866.385.7750

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
We're in the process of offering free shipping on orders of $35 or more on the website...it should be up tonight but for sure by tomorrow. If not, just call the toll free number and we'll hook you up: 866.385.7750

NICE! Can't beat free shipping. Thanks.:thumbsup

dp85tona

Two strokes is enough
Reaction score
im curious whether the carnuba wax will turn the white gel on the boat a yellow tint ive heard and seen it happen just curious on this

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
im curious whether the carnuba wax will turn the white gel on the boat a yellow tint ive heard and seen it happen just curious on this

Great question...I hear this quite often.

Starting back in the 70's certain boat manufacturers produced white boats that would yellow over time and one of the thoughts was that it was from the carnauba wax, which, in its purest form is slightly yellow. I haven't really seen anything like this happen with any of the popular waxes on the market, nor have I heard anything that shows that wax is the contributing factor to the yellowing. I have heard and seen white boats that have yellowed from UV exposure over time, which we know to be a contributing factor.

What I can tell you is that our Speed Gloss product contains carnauba wax, which we modify during the formulation process. The process we use refines the pure wax and removes any pigment and natural color prior to being emulsified. This product has been tested and used safely on thousands of boats, including mine which is about 50% white with no discoloration.

Hope that helps.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If you use gel gloss, (which I do, twice a year) or other carnuba waxes after about a year the boat will have a very very (and I mean very) slight, yellow tint to it.. Once a year I will take acetone and wipe my whole boat down.. Yellow comes off, as wax comes off.

In my experience the gel coat doesn't change colors, the wax does.. Strip the wax and re-apply, no more yellow. There were some old boats that the white turned yellow, but that had to do with gelcoat, not wax.

RD my .02

Joker

Reaction score
Most people are smart enough, but don't use the acetone in Ur garage if a water heater is present

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
I just got my "cut" and "polish" and I LOVE the smell of your products (except maybe the vinyl clean and protect- but it isn't bad) Everything you have turned out works Amazing!!Thanks for the GREAT products. And your service is great as well!

bigmike58

Reaction score
I purchased your products at inland boat center in Perris. I just finished using your vinyl cleaner...holy shit was that easy compared to the last stuff I used...one warning to users..have plenty of clean rags, this stuff removes a lotta grime and oils....looking forward to trying the speed gloss..:thumbsup:thumbsup

one question..is the cleaner a protectant also? the bottle is packed away in the boat or i would go and read it..

Last edited:

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
I purchased your products at inland boat center in Perris. I just finished using your vinyl cleaner...holy shit was that easy compared to the last stuff I used...one warning to users..have plenty of clean rags, this stuff removes a lotta grime and oils....looking forward to trying the speed gloss..:thumbsup:thumbsup

one question..is the cleaner a protectant also? the bottle is packed away in the boat or i would go and read it..

Thanks bigmike.

The cleaner does offer some UV protection, however we recommend following up with the Vinyl Condition to get complete UV protection and to prevent future stains, fading, and cracking.