WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Had the chance to try this stuff out on saturday and let me tell you it is awesome. I left water spots on my headers and tanks on purpose because i was going to try it out. I didnt take pics because i was still out of it from the night before but this stuff works and works well. it took the spots off with ease and left them and the tanks shinning like new money. I suggest you guys try it out. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Wouldn't a wet rag take the spots off your headers?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Wouldn't a wet rag take the spots off your headers?

If you use the same water that you boated in sometimes it works.. but for the most part Nord.. No it won't.. LOL

RD

McRib

aka HWlaser23, "B" team member
Reaction score
I got a few samples of this stuff at the weekend de drinkin and I gotta tell ya I'm impressed. I don't easily impress either. This stuff got shit that boat bling hot sauce could not get out. No funky smell either. I will be switching to this myself for good. It's about the same price at hot sauce also. I recommend everyone try it with an open mind at least once.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i tried it out and i was also impressed.

i'm gonna buy some for sure:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Make sure you mention RDP if ya do.. :D

RD

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Make sure you mention RDP if ya do.. :D

RD

The only thing that works on my black boat and the hard ass water here in Az is white vinegar......I'll be sure to mention RDP to the check out gal at Bashas when I pick up a gallon today :D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I forgot to try my sample out on Sunday. Thankfully, there is next Sunday to try it out.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The only thing that works on my black boat and the hard ass water here in Az is white vinegar......I'll be sure to mention RDP to the check out gal at Bashas when I pick up a gallon today :D

Vinegar over time will strip annodized parts (I don't expect you have a lot of them on a wake boat), but it also strips wax. I have a dark maroon boat, and PBC worked bitchen on it.

I agree with you on the cost though it's gonna be hard to beat what you got.. LOL

DO you mix it with hair conditioner & water? give it a try.. People rant and rave about it.

RD

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
I will say..I like the product and it does work well. The only thing I did find is that it does streak quite a bit more when the rag gets damp compared to the OTHER product out there. With the other product the rag has to get pretty soaked to cause streaking. Both are great products. JMO and what I experienced. I tried it in the shade in the garage on a cool boat.

Mike

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Vinegar over time will strip annodized parts (I don't expect you have a lot of them on a wake boat), but it also strips wax. I have a dark maroon boat, and PBC worked bitchen on it.

I agree with you on the cost though it's gonna be hard to beat what you got.. LOL

DO you mix it with hair conditioner & water? give it a try.. People rant and rave about it.

RD

If I leave the boat in the slip at the river for more than a day the water bakes on and turns the black on my transom flat gray and I have to use full strength to cut through the spots but if I just do a day trip to the lake I'll dilute the vinegar with water :thumbsup and yes you're right...in fact I don't think I have anything on my boat that's anodized....what's anodize? :D

ultra26shadow

Reaction score
I will say..I like the product and it does work well. The only thing I did find is that it does streak quite a bit more when the rag gets damp compared to the OTHER product out there. With the other product the rag has to get pretty soaked to cause streaking. Both are great products. JMO and what I experienced. I tried it in the shade in the garage on a cool boat.

Mike

X2 I did have to go over it twice with another rag as opposed to the "Other" product. I did streak quit a bit and this was outside in the sun.

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
X2 I did have to go over it twice with another rag as opposed to the "Other" product. I did streak quit a bit and this was outside in the sun.

I also did use it out in the sun and what I did notice as well is that in the sun it DRIES up QUICKER compared to the "Other" product. You have to be quick with the rag. The other seemed to give you more time. Not bashing the product it does work well. Just giving my feedback based on what I discovered.

Mike

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why do you keep calling Hot Sauce "The other product?"

I'm quite sure Patrick doesn't care there is another boat cleaning product on the market.. Point in fact because of the price point I'm quite sure he welcomes it.

RD

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Why do you keep calling Hot Sauce "The other product?"

I'm quite sure Patrick doesn't care there is another boat cleaning product on the market.. Point in fact because of the price point I'm quite sure he welcomes it.

RD

I did it out of respect for Performance Boat Candy. I did not want this thread to turn into a big PBC/Hot Sauce debate. The thread was titled for PBC and figured keep it that way while giving my feedback on the product mentioned.

Mike

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So are you saying that "PBC" doesn't have vinegar in it?

Actually I don't think it does have vinegar in it.. You'd have to ask PBC directly on that though? I dunno. I don't sell the stuff, I just tried it and it worked pretty well. LOL

RD

Reaction score
I'm glad I opened this thread. It reminded me that I'm running low on Hot Sauce and need to order another 5 gallon jug. :D

Thx.

Last edited:

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i didnt notice any streaking of any kind. i cleaned up my boat partially in the sun right before i put it back into storage.

i think it works pretty darn well if you ask me.:thumbsup

Redneck

Reaction score
Actually I don't think it does have vinegar in it.. You'd have to ask PBC directly on that though? I dunno. I don't sell the stuff, I just tried it and it worked pretty well. LOL

RD

There is no vinegar in the product. If someone needs some PBC I have some on hand in Lake Havasu. Let me know Ill bring it down to you in the channel if you want.

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score

Thanks for all the comments!

Here is my reply:

Streaking: Because we use such a high grade wax emulsion, the product has a tendency to streak when the towel becomes overly saturated. I recommend using a DRY microfiber or terry cloth towel. I guarantee it will not streak if you use a fairly dry cloth and you will notice a difference in the boat's shine compared to other similar products. Also, most people have a tendency to overspray the product and use more than they need. Just remember, a little goes a long way. Further, even if you wipe your boat down using a towel that is saturated with plain water, it will still streak. Just food for thought.

Vinegar: Performance Boat Candy's Speed Gloss product does not contain vinegar, which is widely known to strip wax and corrode certain metals. Our water spot remover is a proprietary formula that is safe and biodegradeable.

Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you might have directly: [email protected]

Sigus

Above the wet spot
Reaction score
I'm glad I opened this thread. It reminded me that I'm running low on Hot Sauce and need to order another 5 gallon jug. :D

Thx.

Mark, you should give this product a spin. It works extremely well. I have some in Scottsdale if you want lets hook up for a beer and I will give you a bottle.

Reaction score
Mark, you should give this product a spin. It works extremely well. I have some in Scottsdale if you want lets hook up for a beer and I will give you a bottle.

Thanks Brad. I put in for a free sample. If it works better than what I'm using now I'll switch teams.

That beer sounds pretty good.

jbird

Reaction score
The free sample came super quick, good job on promoting this product and thank you.

Tom Brown

Epsilon contributor
Reaction score
I thought jet boat headers were best cleaned while hot using human epidermis?

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
Got mine and will be trying it tomorrow if I feel better.

newmexico

Reaction score

RD

Hot Sauce has to have alot of vinegar in it? My kids used it for the first time two weeks ago and bitched about the smell the whole time. They cry when I ask for help now.

hotfish

Reaction score
I tried the Boat Candy on my black boat and it seemed to smear...but was in the sun in the middle of the day

Teal_Tornado

Reaction score
I don't know about the boat but worked grate on my SS Refrigerator!! :D

ROC

lets have a beer
Reaction score
OK. I haven't looked into this product much. Is this supposed to be similar in use to Boat Bling stuff?

cave

Reaction score
I got a free sample from Squirtinhisload and since my pyle is accented with light to dark gray I didnt even try it. After I clean the gel up I thought I should give it a whirl.

It sure smells better than the dusch viniger the wakers were using.
Oh and it worked too. I havent tryied the Boat Bling so I'm not comparing. Just sayin it does work nice

47823_1366833422138_1570754194_30809033_7137364_n.jpg

gray is hard to keep shiny. Once the water spots set in its a biatch to get them off. easy deal with this stuff.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Thanks PBC! Got my free sample and look for my order soon!! This stuff works! Anything from Chrome, Polished anything-SS/Aluminum etc, glass- Im a sceptic so I put it on everything to make it not work and it work on everything!! I am a Driven fan and user- but for the hard stuff- like our local lake leaves- PBC is the best I've found.
Thanks Again!

Performance Boat Candy

Reaction score
Thanks for the overwhelming support shown for Performance Boat Candy by the RDP crew and its members. Since our official launch this year on July 4th weekend, we have picked up 6 retailers and have gained many loyal customers in a very short period of time.

Thanks again for your overwhelming support and have a safe and enjoyable labor day weekend to all the RDP members and their families!

Team PBC

Get 30% off Speed Gloss on the PBC website through Labor day using the following coupon code: RDP30

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Hot Sauce has to have alot of vinegar in it? My kids used it for the first time two weeks ago and bitched about the smell the whole time. They cry when I ask for help now.
I have read the technical/safety docs for Hot Sauce, it has acetic acid in it. When you search the chemical composition of acetic acid it's essentially vinegar.
Acetic acid, CH3COOH, also known as ethanoic acid, is an organic acid that gives vinegar its sour taste and pungent smell.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I have read the technical/safety docs for Hot Sauce, it has acetic acid in it. When you search the chemical composition of acetic acid it's essentially vinegar.
Acetic acid, CH3COOH, also known as ethanoic acid, is an organic acid that gives vinegar its sour taste and pungent smell.

Chip = Science geek :p

Pinball

Reaction score
I tried a side by side comparison with hot sauce, on a very water spotted boat, 110 degree weather, in the shade. For me both products worked almost the same, I think the hot sauce had the slight edge of getting spots out better. I'll have to give it another try. As for the smell of PBC, I don't like it at all. I do like that PBC doesn't have vinegar, whereas it seems HS does.

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
The last poster's name reminded me of somewhere else that PBC worked Very well and was very simple- the playfield of my Pinball machines- took off all the metal tarnish the ball leaves and left it very slick and glossy (I had to carefull how to word that around here):D